books.com.tw
YesAsia - release date of January 4th, 2013

Release date: 21st december 2012
Price: NT$1,280 ($43 usd, £27)

RE5.jpg

my first steelbook post, hope i've done it right

Actual pics thanks to domalarite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea YesAsia will shipping this item before Jan 4th? :)

Nope...I also have mine on order as well. But they tend to ship on release day or a few days after. Also delivery will take up to 2+ weeks if you purchased it with no tracking.

The only concern I have is if they mail it again in those plastic envelopes even though my receet shipment came in with no damage. Luckily it had plenty of bubblewrap.

Reactions: pokjak290
Man what a year for TW and Korea slips. I think I need to just let them incubate another couple years before I even think about trading and or selling them.

YOu got RE for KOR and TW and Prometheus KOR and TW with amazing slips. THen we have The Amazing Spiderman from KOR and TW with amazing slips. Its a Triple Lindy!!!

Last edited:
And if the demand for steelbooks decreases?

Why would demand decrease. Looks to me like they are getting more popular to me. There will always be demand for these OOS ones with incredible slips. THe rich people keep on getting richer. We are also going to be going off the fiscal cliff shortly, so we will hit bottom rather fast in this economic slowdown. Don't go after all these reprints. Those will just lose value over time. Its the ones from Asia that are gonna keep increasing because their symbols are so elegant to look at. Sorry FNAC, but your steels don't look elegant to me. Its the Korea, Japan, Taiwan writing that looks elegant.

Why would demand decrease. Looks to me like they are getting more popular to me. There will always be demand for these OOS ones with incredible slips. THe rich people keep on getting richer. We are also going to be going off the fiscal cliff shortly, so we will hit bottom rather fast in this economic slowdown. Don't go after all these reprints. Those will just lose value over time. Its the ones from Asia that are gonna keep increasing because their symbols are so elegant to look at. Sorry FNAC, but your steels don't look elegant to me. Its the Korea, Japan, Taiwan writing that looks elegant.

you would never think you sell alot of asian steelbooks to listen to you:hilarious:
i do agree alot of the asians steels look great with fancy slips though taiwan being the king at the moment, altough i do not buy alot of them myself unless the steelbook has unique art in someway outside of the slip/j-card itself,

Nope...I also have mine on order as well. But they tend to ship on release day or a few days after. Also delivery will take up to 2+ weeks if you purchased it with no tracking.

The only concern I have is if they mail it again in those plastic envelopes even though my receet shipment came in with no damage. Luckily it had plenty of bubblewrap.

This is my 1st time order via YA. I use FREE SHIPPING. 2+weeks for delivery? :ohno: OR maybe less coz i am from Malaysia...

Seem that steelbooks are becoming more and more mainstream every day. The word exclusive is just a marketing con. Steelbooks maybe considered just like regular amarays soon.
I really don't think it has anything to do with how elegant they are. I agree Taiwan, Jp, Korea are popular and will increase in value but people that live in those countries seem to gravitate towards the Canadian, Us, Germany releases.
People in the Us and Germany look for Asian releases. Also, OOP FNAC steels sell faster and for more than most Asian releases I've seen.

Last edited: