Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10908461-1395137211-784357.jpg

10908461-1395137211-784318.jpg

10908461-1395137211-784055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say a glossy magazine doesnt always denote quality over one that is just printed in 'standard' paper. in fact, i would say glossy can look very superficial and can cheapen the appeal of something.

yes steelbooks are premium, but that premium element doesnt have to start and finish with the case lol it could also be whats inside. ie the content. i mean, look at 'the wrestler' steelbook from plain archive... that to me is how a steelbook should be presented. a full package. in and out. not just a glossy case with one disc inside. and air

I agree wit u bro.... I used 2 always be bitchin about the importance of content.... its 1 of to the reasons why i got such a hardon 4 collections & trilogies :cool:

special feature discs, 3D discs, booklets, artcards, multiple films...... i want inside my steelz because a steelbook is a celebration of the film, a commemoration that goes beyond the exterior .....a example of pop culture art worthy of being passed on 2 ure grankids, u dig ? :cool:

But there really is no need 2 berate those who want the exterior 2 be quality.... 2 be lovely and glossy and embossed/debossed :drool: :drool:......

Especialy when steelbook pros like myself expect BOTH in their steelz - quality inside & out :cool: ;) :scat: :cool: :movie:

special feature discs, 3D discs, booklets, artcards, multiple films...... i want inside my steelz because a steelbook is a celebration of the film, a commemoration that goes beyond the exterior .....a example of pop culture art worthy of being passed on 2 ure grankids, u dig ? :cool:

Yeh, somebody earlier mentioned Eureka steelbooks... Another great example of how a steelbook edition can be more that just a tin case.

I like gloss where it is fitting (and yes, it probably is fitting for robocop). just interesting its the first thing people mention being on their list of wants for a release... rather than more content.

I feel the same about steelbooks being a celebration of a film, or at least, that is how i would like them to be.. like an ultimate edition. its quite disappointing when you have a classic film, in a steelbook, open it up and there is nothing there. just a disc. It shows little regard to the film and may as well be a glorified bare bones amaray release.

All steelbooks come with pegs to hold booklets and other items, its a shame there are rarely used, or (as it seems) demanded.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Yeh, somebody earlier mentioned Eureka steelbooks... Another great example of how a steelbook edition can be more that just a tin case.

I like gloss where it is fitting (and yes, it probably is fitting for robocop). just interesting its the first thing people mention being on their list of wants for a release... rather than more content.

I feel the same about steelbooks being a celebration of a film, or at least, that is how i would like them to be.. like an ultimate edition. its quite disappointing when you have a classic film, in a steelbook, open it up and there is nothing there. just a disc. It shows little regard to the film and may as well be a glorified bare bones amaray release.

All steelbooks come with pegs to hold booklets and other items, its a shame there are rarely used, or (as it seems) demanded.

Well sometimes they get it right..... like last october's 35 anniversary Halloween steelbook :) that had a excellent booklet, was embossed/debossed, remasterd bluray transfer and had new bonus material :scat:

but most of the time they can be prety stingey wit content.. especially on older films ......u dont no how annoyed i used 2 get when they leave out the special feature discs :mad: but jus gotta make ure voice heard & fight cuz sometimes they DO listen ....like 3D on new releases.... we bitched a whole lot about how UK waz the only 1 not getting em .....now 3D seems 2 be the norm :thumbs:

Reactions: jitstark and levi
Calling it meaningless is a tad harsh in my opinion. All it boils down to at the end of the day is one person's opinion against the other, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What annoys me is when you voice your own opinion and someone shoots you down telling you that you're wrong.

For me, as I've posted many-a-time in the cinema thread for this movie is that I hope this remake fails hard. The original Robocop is a fantastic movie that holds it's own today and didn't in any way shape or form need remaking. This to me looks like they've taken the Iron Man approach by putting the man in a suit rather and being 12a, which in my opinion is a joke in itself, means it will cater for the younger audience just so they can make more money, have toned down violence, CGI'd to the max and not have a patch on the original. I shall still watch it though as it won't cost me anything thanks to my Cineworld Unlimited card, but my expectations are beyond low.

This is however my own opinion and will no doubt differ to many of you guys :)

I never bother too much when it comes to other peoples opinions when it comes to artistic views be it music, film or TV. There's no right or wrong taste, well except for rap music that's just bad and wrong lol

I have a sneaking suspicion that this isn't going to fail, resulting in sequels and an entire generation of kids that will look at the original as an antique not worth bothering with. That being said John Carter was bigged up by many critics and look what happened :hilarious:

I'll know what it's like by tomorrow, off to a private preview screening tonight :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluprint
Ultimately the verdict on the movie will be up to the individual.
But I like reading reviews and getting other peoples opinions. Whether I agree or not, I think it adds an extra dimension, a little colour, a different take. Maybe to educate, illuminate, masticate....er....fornicate.....oh crap, you know what I mean.:p

Yet at the same time I remember Empire magazine reviewed TAKEN and gave it 1 out of 5. Yet every article since mentioned how awesome the movie was.:wtf:

I love how varied peoples tastes are.
One man's Citizen Kane is another's Roadhouse.
One man's Star Wars is another's The Black Hole.
One man's Major League is another's...Major League 2.

IMO you can get a rough idea of what to expect from a film by reading a number of reviews... if the majority are positive/negative, then it'll more than likely be good/rubbish. When it comes down to it though, I do often like to make up my own mind (unless the trailer didn't interest me at all). A good example for me is Sucker Punch... that got (and still gets) slated, yet I liked the look of the trailer and enjoyed Snyder's previous work, so I gave it a chance and ended up loving it!

Not sure what to think of this new RoboCop... the action looks fun, but the fact it's basically a dumbed down kids version of the original makes me think it'll suck pretty bad. As always though, I'm willing to give it a chance! :D

I never use Rotten Tomatoes, I often disagree with their percentages. Over half the reviews on there by "critics" are bloggers and small town papers. Couldn't really care what they think on anything. I do read the reviews in Empire which I subscribe to but still go to films they have panned. IE Taken ... 1 outa 5! lol

I often agree with Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, and hate The Big Bang Theory. Maybe there's a correlation between people that like Chuck Lorre shows and disagree with critics? :p

Reactions: ben6212 and Bunk
and hate The Big Bang Theory. Maybe there's a correlation between people that like Chuck Lorre shows and disagree with critics? :p

Your smite kind of failed, since The Big Bang Theory is pretty much praised across the board and across the world by virtually every critic winning more awards than any other comedy show over the last decade :hilarious:

Your smite kind of failed, since The Big Bang Theory is pretty much praised across the board and across the world by virtually every critic winning more awards than any other comedy show over the last decade :hilarious:

I think The Big Bang Theory is awesome!! Makes me laugh so much especially Amy.......:hilarious:

Bazinga.....:oohyeah: Now back on topic. :p

Reactions: psychoscot
Not sure what to think of this new RoboCop... the action looks fun, but the fact it's basically a dumbed down kids version of the original makes me think it'll suck pretty bad. As always though, I'm willing to give it a chance! :D

Watched this last night and the haters are going to be pissed. At a private screening with around 40 people of various movie tastes, not one person at the very least didn't like it. It's not dumbed down either, granted they have removed the black humour relating to capitalism and greed, and instead focused on mans love affair with technology. They have fleshed out the story far more than the first film did in terms of his family relationship too which adds to the story a great deal. Like some of the better remakes they have taken the very basic skeleton of the story and gone in a different direction. There will be comparisons with Iron Man by sloppy critics but tonally it's vastly different. The action is handled well if a little dated in this post Avengers world but it holds up. I had no real opinion going in, I'm a Robocop fan seeing the first one in my teens and like many didn't think a remake was required. The trailer did however give me some hope it wouldn't be an outright turd and it lives up to the trailer and then some. Some will hate it just for existing, those with an open mind will most likely at the very least enjoy it. I don't think it will be a flop that's for sure, several screenings over opening weekend have already sold out at my cineworld :)

Watched this last night and the haters are going to be pissed. At a private screening with around 40 people of various movie tastes, not one person at the very least didn't like it. It's not dumbed down either, granted they have removed the black humour relating to capitalism and greed, and instead focused on mans love affair with technology. They have fleshed out the story far more than the first film did in terms of his family relationship too which adds to the story a great deal. Like some of the better remakes they have taken the very basic skeleton of the story and gone in a different direction. There will be comparisons with Iron Man by sloppy critics but tonally it's vastly different. The action is handled well if a little dated in this post Avengers world but it holds up. I had no real opinion going in, I'm a Robocop fan seeing the first one in my teens and like many didn't think a remake was required. The trailer did however give me some hope it wouldn't be an outright turd and it lives up to the trailer and then some. Some will hate it just for existing, those with an open mind will most likely at the very least enjoy it. I don't think it will be a flop that's for sure, several screenings over opening weekend have already sold out at my cineworld :)

That's good to know. I scoffed at the idea of a remake, even more so when I heard that it was getting a 12a rating.
But it makes sense that they are taking it a new direction, a carbon copy would just bring it under more harsh scrutiny.

Isnt it best to have an open mind before saying the movie is crap without actually having seen it?

Im looking forward to taking the lad to see it saturday

Reactions: blade803