Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 252
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
I still personally think it looks terrible and looks way too much like Iron Man. If it was going for an R rating I'd have some hope but the CGI and toned-down 'kidified' violence will be what kills it for me

Plus Robocop is a film that does not need to be remade at all!!!! :D

I'm looking forward to our post screening / pub discussion about this :D

Reactions: cooey
oh no if anything this trailer just dragged it down a notch for me. I really want this to be good, but I think all the things that the original had that made it great seem to be missing.

I hope I am wrong and this is not just another throwaway action movie remake

I just hope this reboot has some humour as the original.

I've just seen this in the end credits that I never noticed before:
Robocop.jpg

"may result in civil liability and criminal prosecution by enforcement DROIDS."
Wonder if that voids any copyright?
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I just hope this reboot has some humour as the original.

I've just seen this in the end credits that I never noticed before:
attachment.php

Wonder if that voids any copyright?
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I doubt it

Really really really really REALLY hope this bombs big time!!

The best thing to come out of this is the remastered Blu-Ray of the original

ok can someone explain why the human hand, even if they are trying to save more of his body than the original Robocop but they still have a mask that comes down and covers his face.

Also he has a gun that comes out of his thigh like the first, but the gun does some expanding via robotics.

So I ask why can't his human hand have armor to cover it when he is engaged in battle, or a robotic glove even

Sorry. :(

I wonder if they will give it away at Midnight/First Screenings? Doesn't seem like they've done that in a while.

No need to apologize buddy! :thumbs: We help each other out with all these updates! I also hope IMAX releases these posters at midnight! That would be effing sweet! I'll be there in case they do! :LOL:

Reactions: kaw