Sainsburys - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

vilhelm42

Premium Supporter
Oct 16, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any experience ordering from Sainsburys? Just wondering what their packaging is like and if it's better than Zavvi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighDefSamurai
Sainsbury's going on Demand Only (stores to remain open)

Just received this email from Sainsburys.

As a valued customer of Sainsbury's Entertainment website we wanted to let you know that from March 2014 our website www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk will become completely on demand - offering music and films for downloading and films for streaming. From 28 February 2014 we will no longer accept online orders for physical products. This change is due to the rapid growth in customer appetite for on demand films, music and books.

We are aware that you have an order due from Sainsbury's Entertainment and we can assure you that we will fulfil your order.

However, we will no longer be able to accept any pre-orders for items which don't yet have a release date, or which will be released after 15 March 2014.

Sainsbury's will continue to sell DVDs, CDs, books, games and games consoles in over 1,000 stores. In addition, we are constantly expanding our Entertainment on Demand offering to bring you more films, music and books to download, or films to stream, to a range of devices.

Thank you again for shopping at Sainsbury's Entertainment.

Thats a shame, I liked having an alternative to Zavvi :(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel this thread will be moved but will comment regardless

Best prices and best customer service disappearing is a great shame not to mention the exclusive bonuses they get to give better editions of blu rays - right pain in the arse! Back to Amazon for me as i refuse to purchase from Zavvi!

Hopefully theyll carry on with the exclusives in store however mine in Telford usually has a terrible selection :(

Gutted. Brilliant service, reliable delivery, competitive pricing, plus double Nectar points (handy for me anyway).

I rarely buy steels any more but if I did it was from them. I've never seen a steel in store though, so I would imagine that's them out of the game altogether.

Used them a few times, competitive pricing, quick delivery, decent packaging, nectar points, e vouchers. Real shame and more to the point 1 less online retailer in the realm of physical media = less competition for the others = bad for us :(

That's very annoying as I've bought quite a few steels from them due their often great prices - and that's before you use nectar points to make them even cheaper.

As for digital - do we really want or need our digital media spread over different providers? I want to just look in one place and see all my films together, and for me that's my ultraviolet collection in Flixster. Having to switch (and log in) to lots of different providers would be more trouble than it's worth, not to mention untidy having your film collection scattered all over the place...

Reactions: hayemaker
disappointed, now it means that the monopoly is between amazon and zavvi after plays demise as well. Always used to use my nectar points with them, so now not got much use for them either now!

Im gutted :(

Everything ive ever recieved has always arrived in mint condition and they are always a decent price and I get necter points, so its a real shame that they've taken this decision!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Just received this email from Sainsburys.
As a valued customer of Sainsbury's Entertainment website we wanted to let you know that from March 2014 our website www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk will become completely on demand - offering music and films for downloading and films for streaming. From 28 February 2014 we will no longer accept online orders for physical products. This change is due to the rapid growth in customer appetite for on demand films, music and books.
We are aware that you have an order due from Sainsbury's Entertainment and we can assure you that we will fulfil your order.

However, we will no longer be able to accept any pre-orders for items which don't yet have a release date, or which will be released after 15 March 2014.

Sainsbury's will continue to sell DVDs, CDs, books, games and games consoles in over 1,000 stores. In addition, we are constantly expanding our Entertainment on Demand offering to bring you more films, music and books to download, or films to stream, to a range of devices.

Thank you again for shopping at Sainsbury's Entertainment.
Thats a shame, I liked having an alternative to Zavvi :(:(:(

Who's got an appetite, not me ? Another one bites the dust.

SAINSBURYS TO STOP SELLING HARD MEDIA

Sainsburys has confirmed that as from 1st April 2014 they will stop selling all hard media. All Cd's, DVD's & Blu-rays will end.

They will only be selling downloadable content. If you need to speak to them about it they have a phone number that can be given out when you go instore.

EEK!EEK!EEK!EEK!

Reactions: Flip
Another good reaon for other retailers to milk more from customers due to less competition. The only order I placed with them in the past 6 months vanished without notice. So not feeling much about their exit but I hope they made the right decision though it appears wrong to me.

Reactions: surfury
Got my Big Trouble in Little China from them today posted in one of those A1 card envelopes, no additional protection and battered to f***. Another retailer gone back to ****** packagin, what gives? At least the customer service is top notch.