10934397-1397756244-832015.jpg

10934397-1397756244-831787.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
The origins of the cover

The title is messed up beyond belief, but it is official typography from the booklet that came with the original Scream Trilogy DVD Box set. I'm also surprised a lot of people online don't seem to recognize the mask on the cover, asking if it is from Scary Movie! The mask on the steelbook is from the Scream 3 trailer, where the mask is swirling about throughout the trailer. It was also used on the original Scream Trilogy DVD Box set, as well as inside the UK Scream Trilogy Blu-ray Box set. The blue hue on the Barrymore image on the back of the steelbook is probably also some sort of throwback to the Scream 3 trailer, where the flashbacks to the first and second movies had that same blue hue. The inside art however … there is just no excuse. The Scream title lettering was also red on the original DVD trilogy box. All that being said, the steelbook looks nowhere near as fantastic as it could have looked. But at least now you know the basic idea behind the design, I guess … Since I'm new here I can't post pics or links before I've posted 5 posts, so simply go to YouTube, type in "Scream 3 trailer" and you'll see :) The crazy lettering can be seen on Amazon US, if you search for "Ultimate Scream trilogy". Choose the first hit and flip through the customer images :)

Reactions: mkdfan
The title is messed up beyond belief, but it is official typography from the booklet that came with the original Scream Trilogy DVD Box set. I'm also surprised a lot of people online don't seem to recognize the mask on the cover, asking if it is from Scary Movie! The mask on the steelbook is from the Scream 3 trailer, where the mask is swirling about throughout the trailer. It was also used on the original Scream Trilogy DVD Box set, as well as inside the UK Scream Trilogy Blu-ray Box set. The blue hue on the Barrymore image on the back of the steelbook is probably also some sort of throwback to the Scream 3 trailer, where the flashbacks to the first and second movies had that same blue hue. The inside art however … there is just no excuse. The Scream title lettering was also red on the original DVD trilogy box. All that being said, the steelbook looks nowhere near as fantastic as it could have looked. But at least now you know the basic idea behind the design, I guess … Since I'm new here I can't post pics or links before I've posted 5 posts, so simply go to YouTube, type in "Scream 3 trailer" and you'll see :) The crazy lettering can be seen on Amazon US, if you search for "Ultimate Scream trilogy". Choose the first hit and flip through the customer images :)

Already stated the mask is not from Scream 1, it shouldn't be used! They should only have used art associated with the original film.

I agree completely. I was hoping either for the grey Barrymore poster or the American dvd/blu-ray cover, clean without any lettering save from the title. Major let-down.

The price has dropped to £17.99, so this will probably go live in the next few days. It will be interesting to see if this one is going to test the 'ultra limited print run' as a selling point. It seems anything will sell out at the moment, surely that will stop at some point.

The price has dropped to £17.99, so this will probably go live in the next few days. It will be interesting to see if this one is going to test the 'ultra limited print run' as a selling point. It seems anything will sell out at the moment, surely that will stop at some point.

If this sells out it will be a bad day for collectors. Why make quality products when we seem to buy any junk just because it's "ultra limited" the art on this is shockingly bad and belongs to another Scream film, yet I still think we'll be told within a few days of going live that this has sold out. :(

If this sells out it will be a bad day for collectors. Why make quality products when we seem to buy any junk just because it's "ultra limited" the art on this is shockingly bad and belongs to another Scream film, yet I still think we'll be told within a few days of going live that this has sold out. :(

well copland hasn't sold out so hopefully it will be the same with this and it will bring the prices back down to a more reasonable £14.99 or preferably less.

Reactions: psychoscot
I'm on the fence about this one, but may pre-order it only with the hope that the artwork will be changed before it's released.

Otherwise, I'll be submitting my cancellation request.