10934397-1397756244-831911.jpg

10934397-1397756244-832015.jpg

10934397-1397756244-831787.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
well copland hasn't sold out so hopefully it will be the same with this and it will bring the prices back down to a more reasonable £14.99 or preferably less.

We had V for Vendetta, Mars Attack, Beetlejuice all for 14.99 with way better art. R those ultra limited too?

"Niche movies" without particular buzz like La Haine and This Is England sold out pretty quickly few days ago in the very same moment, it's so obvious those "sold out" are completely fake...

And I'm starting to be really tired of this s**t

"Niche movies" without particular buzz like La Haine and This Is England sold out pretty quickly few days ago in the very same moment, it's so obvious those "sold out" are completely fake...

They aren't exactly unknown titles and both are very well regarded, so i'm not at all surprised that they have 'sold out'. If you choose not to believe it, that's entirely your choice of course.

And I'm starting to be really tired of this s**t

This Is England is hardly Niche! It has a massive fanbase in the UK lol.

It will be really interesting to see how fast or slow this one sells. It's a great title for a steelbook, but that artwork just isn't the best choice for it.

They aren't exactly unknown titles and both are very well regarded, so i'm not at all surprised that they have 'sold out'. If you choose not to believe it, that's entirely your choice of course.

This Is England is hardly Niche! It has a massive fanbase in the UK lol.

I really love them and i preordered both, i said "niche" talking about the buzz on the movies i've seen here. If you say TIE has a strong fanbase there in UK, La Haine didn't seem to be really well welcomed (and lot of guys didn't pay many attentions because of the Criterion version).

As i said the stranger thing was the timing of the sold out, exactly the same.

Look at The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for example, same print run, fast sold out and then in stock for many many days after release :dunno:

Coming back in topic, that Scream comedy style title looks embarrassing.

Reactions: psychoscot
I really love them and i preordered both, i said "niche" talking about the buzz on the movies i've seen here. If you say TIE has a strong fanbase there in UK, La Haine didn't seem to be really well welcomed (and lot of guys didn't pay many attentions because of the Criterion version).

Look at The Boy in the Striped Pajamas for example, same print run, fast sold out and then in stock for many many days after release :dunno:

I agree saying "sold out" is a fantastic marketing strategy, bring it back and there's a fight to secure copies, when half the time I personally think it has far from sold out.

I think we have to remember that there are collectors out their who aren't members of this site and of course regular people who are tempted by the fancy looking case.

As for the two titles selling out at the same time, I think it has been said that Zavvi have to update these things manually. Obviously it is better for them to end a pre-order a little bit early than oversell. I think the later availability rather than the initial pre-order is the key, it shows a title's true appeal. That is why Pyjamas was around much longer, many were probably caught up in the hype and ordered it when they didn't really want it. Whereas more popular titles didn't stick around long as we saw with The Aviator, Stargate and There Will Be Blood.

And all the haters of this will either pre order it or moan they didnt get it once in hand pics are available and its sold out.

Reactions: GeekSexy
I hope this doesn't go live earlier on tomorrow, can't stick around all the time with unpredictable live times. I like the look of this seeing as how most people hate it, would be nice if it stuck around long enough like Copland did ;)

And all the haters of this will either pre order it or moan they didnt get it once in hand pics are available and its sold out.

You're wrong on both accounts. There may be a few who dislike it now and will regret not ordering it, but I can say with 150% certainty that I have zero desire to own this turd. :thumbs: