10934397-1397756244-831911.jpg

10934397-1397756244-832015.jpg

10934397-1397756244-831787.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
i think a whole lot more people have ordered this (but nobody wants to admit it now after the sh**tstorm on the artwork). :p

finally this will be glossy and have an embossed mask, and everybody will want one. :D

i :ordered: !

NO!!
They wont.
Its still shite!
Abysmal cover, art, font, colors, etc.:shoot:
Just my op, but people....please stop buying these awful ltd run steels, because they are ltd. Buy them, if its the only choice of a particular movie you want, or the film has a new restoration. Or the steel is an awesome new design. Boycott these awful, bland, non descript releases, then maybe, just maybe, the quality will go up and the prices will come down.
Just saying. :D:D

i wonder, how can you say that this steelbook will be so awful, when nobody has seen pictures of the actual steel yet!? it's just a mockup picture, and we should know already that there can be a huge difference between the mockup and the actual steelbook.

(though i know that it may be as poor as twelve monkeys or the game, but there is still a chance that this will turn out to be much better than expected).

i wonder, how can you say that this steelbook will be so awful, when nobody has seen pictures of the actual steel yet!? it's just a mockup picture, and we should know already that there can be a huge difference between the mockup and the actual steelbook.

(though i know that it may be as poor as twelve monkeys or the game, but there is still a chance that this will turn out to be much better than expected).

Not really. The "mock-up" looks terribly bad so even if you want to think that will look better in hand, it could end up being "bad" only, but still bad, no? :p Consider that there's no special treatment whatsoever, no emboss, deboss, gloss, anything.

So yeah, this will be bad, maybe not terribly bad and certainly not one of the most pale and boring artworks in the history of steelbooks but considering it's supposed to be an "exclusive" and has a wonderful price of £18, well, let's say (for the sake of those who bought it) that it's easy to ignore.

It may yet be even worse than awful. ;)

I have been reading the last few pages and I can only laugh at people thinking that others will regret not ordering this. :rofl:

"Yes, and since it's limited to 2000, by the time I'm terribly sorry about it, the steelbook will be out-of-stock and I will have to buy one of the hands of those who pre-ordered it and I will end up paying £60 for it."

Wait for that moment, folks. Wait for it.

I have been reading the last few pages and I can only laugh at people thinking that others will regret not ordering this. :rofl:

"Yes, and since it's limited to 2000, by the time I'm terribly sorry about it, the steelbook will be out-of-stock and I will have to buy one of the hands of those who pre-ordered it and I will end up paying £60 for it."

Wait for that moment, folks. Wait for it.

£60? More like £12 from eBay, brand new and sealed. These 2000 print runs have only shown how Zavvi overvalue their worth.

Proof, 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' and 'Aviatar' are so highly sought after they go for under £14 each. Nothing will ever reach grail status ever again by the looks of it.

Reactions: psychoscot
£60? More like £12 from eBay, brand new and sealed. These 2000 print runs have only shown how Zavvi overvalue their worth.

Proof, 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' and 'Aviatar' are so highly sought after they go for under £14 each. Nothing will ever reach grail status ever again by the looks of it.

Zavvi will never have a grail "IMO"

Zavvi will never have a grail "IMO"

There will definitely be valuable Zavvi exclusives in the future. It just takes time. We are already starting to see a lot of older Zavvi exclusives sell out. The same thing happened with Play.com exclusives and now a few fetch quite a premium.

How have Zavvi overvalued above titles worth they sold out at Zavvi they made full profit as has Lionsgate and Studio Canal

ebay has noting to do with a zavvi release that's a different matter I wont get into

I collect steelbooks because its a film I like and I always will purchase a steelbook release over an amaray release unless it has better extras or has a remastered video
Price also a factor and sometimes I wait for a price drop but that does not happen with limited releases of 2000

I have a lot of steelbooks and not one of them do I buy hoping they will be worth any financial value at any stage even if I have one that's considered worth a lot as I don't sell or trade in reality there worth noting excect the personal joy I get by having a title in my collection that's what is important

When Zavvi release a title and it sells out they have achieved there objective make maximum profit as a business

Zavvi By doing 2000 Limited Releases they have better chance of this happening against have a release that 4000 limited and then have to sell at a loss
We then gain by getting a release they might not have done if it had to be a 4000 limited release

No one is forced to buy any release and you have a choice buy or not

Some will like a release and some wont

Yes the Artwork on this is not the best and I will decide closer to release date if I want to keep my order
But its safer to order than not as when it sells out you cant made that decision if you cancel or don't order before it sells out

Scream will still end up as a sold out title and Zavvi will have achieved as a business there objective

Last edited:
I have to admit most of my Play.com steelbooks are more in demand by collectors then my Zavvi ones.

The Terminator, Iron Man, Alien Quadrilogy, Predator, Watchmen etc

Hell even some of the HMV ones like

Looper, Drive, Sherlock Holmes 2, Captain America, Thor

Those are two horrible examples. And probably auctions as well, which almost always end up going for under retail. The boy in the striped pyjamas is an unknown title for most people, and the Aviator steelbook was widely hated by most. There will be Blood, Frozen, Stargate, and Pain and Gain all still sell above retail. I can see There Will be Blood, Mars Attacks, Beetlejuice, 3:10 to Yuma all holding their value for a long time. Its just like any group of releases, the gems will eventually stand out as will the turds.

Folks, please keep discussions about Ebay and other titles in the relevant retailer, Ebay and other 'chat' threads. Thanks!

Had to think about it but decided not to order.
I already own the trilogy box set and 4th one but haven't even watched them yet so makes little sense to buy another.
Hope it's nice in hand for everyone that does buy it though.

Didn't the other ultra limited releases sell out faster than this? Maybe the beginners Photoshop artwork is scaring people off. And the price. It's a classic IMHO but a bit pricey for a movie that came when I had just graduated High School.

Didn't the other ultra limited releases sell out faster than this? Maybe the beginners Photoshop artwork is scaring people off. And the price. It's a classic IMHO but a bit pricey for a movie that came when I had just graduated High School.

Only a couple sold out within a day. Most have taken a few days atleast.