Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England

Attachments

• senna.jpg
    senna.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
Dude there's OCD and there's taking the P***, creases seriously:angry:this was only £49.99 the postage alone must have cost them £15.

I emailed them about the creases in the box, doesn't matter if I paid £49 it's worth £200 plus and will probably go up in value. So if I ever sold it would someone want a mint one or damaged box? Anyway I got a £5 discount shy kids get nowt :)

I emailed them about the creases in the box, doesn't matter if I paid £49 it's worth £200 plus and will probably go up in value. So if I ever sold it would someone want a mint one or damaged box? Anyway I got a £5 discount shy kids get nowt :)

Good one!
As the saying goes, "if you don't ask, you don't get"!

Reactions: MrRegan
If I'd got that mail from you about a crease I'd would have felt like punching the screen.

Talk about put them in an awkward position, but hey ho, fair play to them for offering anything.

Is it not the same as a dent/scratch in a steelbook that you wanted to show on your shelf?

I wanted to leave this sealed as it has some nice artwork on the box and display it on the shelf, looks crap with creases in the box :(

And as for a awkward position its not as if it's coming out of his pocket and if that's the case
They would probably do the same with someone emailing them about a spine slash.

I agree with both PoV's on this one, whilst it's a tad excessive to ask for a replacement just for minor creasing on the outer box, every customer has the right to receive the item they have paid for, whether it cost them 1p or £1000, in the condition new items should arrive, which is perfect.

The retail price is ridiculously prohibitive! Did many people here actually bite?

I considered pre-ordering this, but when I saw the price I decided that was far too much! It's been sitting on Amazon.co.uk ever since, so I guess a lot of people also thought the same!

I honestly can't see why it costs so much. I thought maybe it had a SeniType included, or was perhaps limited to a really low run. What makes the car so different than one you would buy for £15 from your local Toys R Us? £50-£60 would perhaps have been my limit on this set

The retail price is ridiculously prohibitive! Did many people here actually bite?

I considered pre-ordering this, but when I saw the price I decided that was far too much! It's been sitting on Amazon.co.uk ever since, so I guess a lot of people also thought the same!

I honestly can't see why it costs so much. I thought maybe it had a SeniType included, or was perhaps limited to a really low run. What makes the car so different than one you would buy for £15 from your local Toys R Us? £50-£60 would perhaps have been my limit on this set

Paid £50 3 weeks ago in the base sale.

The car is amazing, it is made of metal and has lots of fine detail very big as well,
It's made by minichamps that make very nice and expensive cars/bikes, there is no way you will get this quality in a £30 toys r us car :D just buy it you wont be disappointed :thumbs:

What a dreamy edition!! I would love to own this one but since now it's worth probably more than the original price I'll have to pass, unfortunately...

I'm from Brazil and this edition will be released here next month, we'll be able to choose between 2 models: McLaren or Lotus and it will cost R$ 209,99 or $90

Sounds cool! Would love to get my hands on the McLaren model, but for now I'm happy with my Lotus edition.

Here's a picture of the McLaren version by the way...

senna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Brazil and this edition will be released here next month, we'll be able to choose between 2 models: McLaren or Lotus and it will cost R$ 209,99 or $90

Hi Amelie, I have already the Lotus Model (UK) but I'm very interested on the McLaren model. Who will be selling this online in Brazil? Submario? Thanks! Rodrigo