spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
It be the cornetto trilogy that will drive up the value, if and when they are released so I fail to see how it will be 'forgotten as many other releases'. If and when Hot Fuzz and World's End are all released as Hardboxes and the value goes up, I will be sure to bump up your post :D If EB don't release these, or the mummy box is complete trash, then fans will have a very difficult decision to continue to support and gamble on their next line ups.

You seem to be more optimistic about values :D I am more pessimistic due to the fact that the release hasnt sold well and that they had already announced that they aim to complete the trilogy

You seem to be more optimistic about values :D I am more pessimistic due to the fact that the release hasnt sold well and that they had already announced that they aim to complete the trilogy

The hardbox sold well, not the singles. As a new retailer 4,000 print run is way too high. Just because it couldn't sell out the 4K print run doesn't mean there is hardly anyone interested? If your argument is that the retailer is going down the bust route that's a totally different debate.

It is clear that EB is asking for funds in advance to complete their current projects and has some form of financial problems or lack of financial support and resources. In my opinion it's a shady practice. What happens if the Mummy didn't sell out? That would had been a disaster in my opinion. I am sure the fresh injection of the sold out boxsets assisted in SOD some how to see that the current project is seen through (eventually).

The fact that the boxsets sold out is clear that despite the inferior product, the continues delays, the shady practice, it still sold out and has interests. The Lenti is shown as sold out when there were over 1K qty in stock. The obvious reason for that is the poor sales so EB are no longer selling this and returned to the distributor or let filmarena have a pop at it lol.

If EB did a smaller print run it would had been perfect but they over ran the print run. Just because a print run does not sell out does not necessary mean the sales are bad. Just could be a mistake in the overall print run. 2K would had been perfect. I am sure EB will make a smaller print run in future. They appeared to be over confident in themselves which caused a mess in the overall product, continous delays, and extremely slow dispatch.

The main factor for buyers to continue to support EB is the cornetto trilogy. Many of us really want the trilogy and that is a driving factor. I'm not defending EB for their mistakes, I am debating with your opinion that because something does't sell out, that's it right? The Hardbox is the unique product to get. Different items sell better than the others. Just because one item isn't selling doesn't mean the other will fall down the hole as well.

@EverythingBlu just my personal opinion, mind you, but it seems to me that the best option going forward is to dump the standalone releases and just concentrate on releasing Bluboxes for HOT FUZZ and the rest . . . this after all was your original plan.

Quote, " The idea behind these would be small print runs, typically 500 - 800 at a push, the reason being we would want these to still have the collectibility factor".

THE MUMMY Blubox at 680 units being a perfect example . . . and sold out in well under 24 hours.

These EBlu Blubox only releases would do away with delays in preparing and dispatching thousands of units . . . and negate the general feeling that with 2,000 and up to 3,500 SotD units to prepare for dispatch you were a tad optimistic in your assessment of the man hours involved in doing that job and that you've bitten off more than you can chew at this moment in time.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
will my order ship today....

200.webp

Mine should be arriving today. Not like I'm really bothered anymore. Just nice to know that it's actually here.

Just need five more days and you be onto the beginning of the fourth week for dispatch.

Then I will begin to hear you first impatient groans lol.

Mine arrived today, and the lenticular is okay. TBH, i think my order would still be 'unfulfilled' unless I went onto their facebook page and moaned back on Thursday. Hope everyone's arrives soon.

@EverythingBlu just my personal opinion, mind you, but it seems to me that the best option going forward is to dump the standalone releases and just concentrate on releasing Bluboxes for HOT FUZZ and the rest . . . this after all was your original plan.

Quote, " The idea behind these would be small print runs, typically 500 - 800 at a push, the reason being we would want these to still have the collectibility factor".

THE MUMMY Blubox at 680 units being a perfect example . . . and sold out in well under 24 hours.

These EBlu Blubox only releases would do away with delays in preparing and dispatching thousands of units . . . and negate the general feeling that with 2,000 and up to 3,500 SotD units to prepare for dispatch you were a tad optimistic in your assessment of the man hours involved in doing that job and that you've bitten off more than you can chew at this moment in time.
I agree that they should look into lowering the print run but I'd hate for them to go Blubox only, I can only afford to buy one copy of each release. I'd be happy to see more multi film boxes at a reasonable price like The Mummy set though.

I agree that they should look into lowering the print run but I'd hate for them to go Blubox only, I can only afford to buy one copy of each release. I'd be happy to see more multi film boxes at a reasonable price like The Mummy set though.
Yes, I get that, and the chance to buy an exclusive steelbook shouldn't mean that you have to buy it twice (if it's only available in a "Blubox" or in what other companies call a "One click").

That being said, EBlu's original intention was to sell limited products in the 600-800 quantity range, to keep them "collectible", and until they have the manpower/logistics to increase that to 2,000 + per release it's my feeling that they should do it that way until then.

I don't know how many of their 3,500 (?) allocation of this new SotD steelbook they've sold over and above the 1,000 inside their "Sold out" Bluboxes but it's clear they've struggled with dispatching so many orders and have yet to process and dispatch packages over two weeks since the 19th May release date.

oh dear...hermes at is aready.

Checked earlier and my item was 'out for delivery' at 9:03am....just checked again now and its out for delivery 11:15 with the apparent scan from 9:03am, gone....hmmm....

It seems they will only ship if you complain on social media to shut you up.
thats what happened with me....though to their credit, quick turn around and my steel's out for delivery today (apparently...not sure how well I trust the courier)

I'd strongly advise those still waiting to contact EB on FB or Twitter as it seems you'll get your goods shipped shortly after

If and when Hot Fuzz and Worlds End get released, the hardbox of SOD will shoot up in value. Those that join late in the game for HF and WE will want the missing trilogy and will go up in value. There are only 500 made. The lenti's / full slips won't sell that well. It just be the Hardbox in time. Just because you didn't like the movie, or don't think what the big fuss is, as @psychoscot has stated, these movies are very popular in UK.
is the hard box REALLY that hard?
there is a clear curve on the long end of where the steels go. Looks flimsy as heck for me(and further confirms I made a good choice to just get the Lenit)

Does the order status even change for you guys that received it?
Mine has - changed to fullfilled once I got Hermes tracking.
Still waiting for it to physically arrive though.

Arrived today BATTERED!!!
@EverythingBlu this is why you never send anything of any value/importance via Hermes, I daren't even open it!!!
Is the brown tape on the box from everythingBlu or have Hermes put the brown tape on to hold the box together?
20170605_122816.jpg
20170605_122758.jpg

Yes, I get that, and the chance to buy an exclusive steelbook shouldn't mean that you have to buy it twice (if it's only available in a "Blubox" or in what other companies call a "One click").

That being said, EBlu's original intention was to sell limited products in the 600-800 quantity range, to keep them "collectible", and until they have the manpower/logistics to increase that to 2,000 + per release it's my feeling that they should do it that way until then.

I don't know how many of their 3,500 (?) allocation of this new SotD steelbook they've sold over and above the 1,000 inside their "Sold out" Bluboxes but it's clear they've struggled with dispatching so many orders and have yet to process and dispatch packages over two weeks since the 19th May release date.
I think they're struggling to get the right balance of exclusivity and affordability, maybe a lower print would have raised the price too much. It seems like they trying to keep their prices lower than other premium retailers.

Mine arrived...Herpes finally managed to delivery it. White box used for just one boxset.

I'm not going to open mine...I'll pickup an open copy at some point.

I can see there's been some thought gone into the design and finishing. It's not perfect as there are some issues I can see but a good effort for a #1

IMO, worth the money for a Cult Classic as a Premuim - WEA Steelbook release :thumbs:

Mine arrived...Herpes finally managed to delivery it. White box used for just one boxset.

I'm not going to open mine...I'll pickup an open copy at some point.

I can see there's been some thought gone into the design and finishing. It's not perfect as there are some issues I can see but a good effort for a #1

IMO, worth the money for a Cult Classic as a Premuim - WEA Steelbook release :thumbs:

Hubs loves anything he gets :kiss: