spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
ooo tracking has updated and is saying it with my neighbour(the have the correct house number for the neighbour that takes my deliveries so its looking good)
:D

Despite the (meaningless) pictured of damaged packing boxes - as in ripped, held together with packing tape etc. - and the negativity directed at Hermes I'd like to see one, just one, photo of a Blubox damaged in transit.
Thanks in advance :whistle:

Despite the (meaningless) pictured of damaged packing boxes - as in ripped, held together with packing tape etc. - and the negativity directed at Hermes I'd like to see one, just one, photo of a Blubox damaged in transit.
Thanks in advance :whistle:

If I ordered something I want the box to arrive undamaged, not booted around like a football. It shows the courier handled this with care.

is the hard box REALLY that hard?
there is a clear curve on the long end of where the steels go. Looks flimsy as heck for me(and further confirms I made a good choice to just get the Lenit)

Mine has - changed to fullfilled once I got Hermes tracking.
Still waiting for it to physically arrive though.
In hand my hardbox seem's a little squashed in and as you say curved, shame the steel's don't fit the box properly...

Last edited:
How about the not inconsiderable psychological damage these damaged boxes have caused the recipients?:p

First World problems LOL

It's true though that the heart may skip a beat when boxes with crushed corners containing steelbooks from Zavvi have reached me in the past courtesy of Royal Mail with zero damage to the contents but maybe I've just been lucky.
With Zavvi the very, very few damaged steelbooks that I've received appear to have been packed that way and not damaged in transit.

Anyway, EBlu's packaging for their boxes looks to be first class:-
image-jpeg.9556

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, and the lenticular is okay. TBH, i think my order would still be 'unfulfilled' unless I went onto their facebook page and moaned back on Thursday. Hope everyone's arrives soon.

My order is still unfulfilled, I have no intention of sending a begging letter in order to initiate everything blu to get their act in order and ship my goods, so they got an order cancellation email instead

Farcicle, my first and last order from everything blu, best of luck with your future endeavours but you're not playing me for a mug. I don't believe for a second their lack of presence on the forums lately is because they are busy wrapping box sets like Christmas elves.... There's one more lenticular slip available if anyone is brave or daft enough to send their money to EB...

Reactions: Driver
My order is still unfulfilled, I have no intention of sending a begging letter in order to initiate everything blu to get their act in order and ship my goods, so they got an order cancellation email instead

Farcicle, my first and last order from everything blu, best of luck with your future endeavours but you're not playing me for a mug. I don't believe for a second their lack of presence on the forums lately is because they are busy wrapping box sets like Christmas elves.... There's one more lenticular slip available if anyone is brave or daft enough to send their money to EB...
I prefer to think of myself as "brave" rather than "daft" but I know what you are saying. I was taking the delay in stride up until today. Now I am quaking in my boots just a wee bit. Especially because I gave in to temptation and pre-orderd the Mummy Trilogy also.:cautious:

My Tracking has parcel collected as per schedule Monday 5th
I expect it will be in next 2-4 days to arrive in Ireland

I might get lucky and be in next 2 days going by my previous Disney Order that used Hermes and was delivered 2 days later by nightline in Rep of Ireland

At least it has been collected from everythingblu by Hermes just a matter keeping eye on the tracking to see when it arrives in Ireland as once that happens it will be next day delivery

SHAUN OF THE DEAD REVIEW (SEALED)

IMG_7375.JPG

Well here is my review and first impressions, and I am going to be as fair and honest as possible. I have not opened these, I ordered all the editions (not all for me).

Delivery

To be fair, Hermes updated me all the way with tracking and delivered successfully to my door. Dispatched Thursday and arrived on Monday A polite delivery guy, no damage to the box. Where I live it's a very nice area so we seem to get a lot of respect on our parcels from the couriers. Maybe I am just lucky to never have problems with Hermes? That doesn't mean they are a good courier over all, it's just I have been one of the fortunate customers it appears.

THE REVIEW

I can tell straight away from taking this from the box it does not have that instant premium, buzz and feel that you would find from established big premium retailers.

Hard Box

The Filmarena Hardboxes are much better quality. They feel nice, solid and hard with no gaps. SOD HB can bend quite easily. Not saying the FAC's are unbendable, but it would take more force to bend them and also gives us the more of a premium feel as they feel more solid. Just like a nice sold weight for metal collectables, you want a nice sold hard box. EB falls short here, and the gap in the box does not help either :confused:

A lot of emphasis has gone on the embossing on the front and spine title, and also the large hand on the back. That is what makes the SOD HB appealing and unique. I will give credit to EB for that. But the box could had been more tougher and stronger.

Single Slips

The Lenti is awful, nothing more to say there as @Flloydo described it in his review. As a premium retailer it is very disappointing especially for the first exclusive. The quality is worse then some of the standard steelbook releases.

The full slip is better than the lenti because there is no awful lenti there :rofl:. But the quality is nowhere upto the premium slips. The slips feel cheap and cardboardish. At best they are an upgraded version of the Zavvi slips you get such as Ferris, Top Gun etc

The slips could had been thicker to give it that 'bulky' feel.

The EB logo white stickers.

Again not at all close to its rivals such as Manta Labs.

Value For Money.

Okay it is clear that this release is nowhere near the premium finish we were expecting having consistency bought from all the big boys. But we need to remind ourselves this is much cheaper shipped to us than all the other retailers. We are used to paying around £40 - £50 + for a release and the Hardbox shipped to me is about £65 with two singles inside. If I ordered a FAC HB it would cost me about £85 - £90 shipped.

Do we get value for money? Do we get what we pay? Not really :(

The lenti definitely No at £28 plus shipping.
The Single full slip, it is a bit cheaper, still a bit too expensive at £26 with no shipping included but you can live with it.
The HB at £60 with no shipping, still a tad expensive but the box makes it a little more fulfilling to have over just the singles because it is rather unique. But the lenti inside kills it for me.

Overall?

Well no surprises, I am disappointed but I was expecting this from all the last minute changes EB has given and from thorough reviews. It feels to me exactly like one thing, a new retailer trying to impress but has had financial difficulties in nailing this (and dispatch times which I will ignore on this review :rolleyes:).

I can say for sure if you are expecting:
a nice premium Nova Slip,
a Blufans Lenti,
a strong quality FAC HB,
Logo type cards such as Manta Labs,
Art Cards as quality as you find in Kimchi (I did not review this as I have not opened these)
you will be disappointed.

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_7388.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

IMG_7380.JPG
IMG_7383.JPG
IMG_7382.JPG
IMG_7384.JPG

I would give the overall rating 6/10 - that is being generous due to the cheaper price.
If it was priced more to the premium prices we are used to paying, the rating would had been 4/10.

Will I keep it? I am probably going to keep the HB as it's quite unique with the embossing and I've had to put up with the delay and changes for the last 5 months, I might as well just stick it on my shelf somewhere and wait for Hot Fuzz and World's End under the assumption EB doesn't screw up their future projects..

So there we go, that is my review, short and sweet. I have been critical with EB, just like any other retailer. I really hope they can improve on their next projects? :confused: :cautious: :ohno: :rolleyes:

This is my personal opinion, I respect others may agree or disagree. Everyone is different ;)