Amazon Japan - ¥3,651
HMV JP - ¥4,096
Notes: Limited to 4000 production quantity

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap!! just looked at my order again and noticed an import fees deposit of¥955, WTF, is Amazon.jp charging import fees on their goods now?? EEK!

My MOS & PR orders do not have any additional charges but then again these were preordered a while ago unlike Side Effects...

Cool steel and the movie was actually ok. Actually, it reminded me of an older movie with Alec Baldwin and Nicole Kidman. Movie is called "Malice". Same kind of twist, so I saw this one coming from 10 miles hehe :)

That Japanese writing on the spine won't appear on any other release therefore it is truly ''unique''. Makes it for me. Looks really cool.
A lot of people like the title on the spine in Japanese, it guarantees that it will be the only edition worldwide to have that even if the main artwork is used again.
It's a good thing we all don't have to have the same opinions.

To me, these sound likes reasons to justify buying this, and further buying other countries' editions in the future. :hilarious:

To me, these sound likes reasons to justify buying this, and further buying other countries' editions in the future. :hilarious:

Well I rarely double dip a title, I find the one I like the most and that's the one I get. I doubt there will be one released that I like any more than this one, so this is the pick for me.

I won't be picking this up. Japanese shipping is too expensive too make it worth the purchase. I was just stating that as collectors people like different things and exclsivity is one of those things even if its just a different spine design. Each to their own.;)

I won't be picking this up. Japanese shipping is too expensive too make it worth the purchase. I was just stating that as collectors people like different things and exclsivity is one of those things even if its just a different spine design. Each to their own.;)

I don't mean to sound like an a*shole, but that's a terrible reason to collect something- a different spine? Honestly, with that money I could try my best to look for the best version (design and finish wise- especially finish) and get that. Then use the extra money on the shipping or something.

Well I rarely double dip a title, I find the one I like the most and that's the one I get. I doubt there will be one released that I like any more than this one, so this is the pick for me.

I also kind of doubt that this will be released elsewhere- but this is honestly one of the best steelbook designs I have seen (maybe except the cover- but it's still awesome). So if this isn't released elsewhere, it will be disappointing.

I own the U.S. release and I would gladly double dip and get this. The inside artwork alone is worth a purchase. I always loved the original teaser poster.

I don't mean to sound like an a*shole, but that's a terrible reason to collect something- a different spine? Honestly, with that money I could try my best to look for the best version (design and finish wise- especially finish) and get that. Then use the extra money on the shipping or something.

You are completely missing the point. The spine has a non-English title which means it is very unlikely that this exact Steelbook will be released elsewhere in the future. The chances of another retailer releasing an identical Steelbook with the relevant language data sheet (which regularly happens with UK releases for example) is almost zero. That is why people are more willing to pay the extra cost because even if it does get a Steelbook release elsewhere, it will probably be completely different. As this is the only Steelbook release for the film, collectors feel they can purchase it without the fear of the same Steelbook being released in another country for a fraction of the price.

Personally, I think the spines look great because they are a little bit unique but that isn't the sole reason for buying this or similar releases.