Amazon Japan - ¥3,651
HMV JP - ¥4,096
Notes: Limited to 4000 production quantity

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! It's one of the great films of 2013 and I was disappointed it had not gotten any steelbook edition :).

Great art, simple but effective, it's the basic theatrical poster which lends itself well to this, but they should take out the red text in the middle, and the white stuff about the 4 leads and the director and the writer.

If The Impossible (which also has only a Japanese edition on the steelbook market) is still available in March, I might buy it with Side Effects on YesAsia (unless it's better to order them separately to avoid customs, perhaps).

I'll ponder on that matter for the next 3 months, but I'm glad Japan is here to announce some unexpected steelbooks (one of the perks of having most US films released months after everywhere else I guess :D).

Japan. Bah. Wallet is soo hurting this month.

Hope this shows up on hmv.co.jp

DO NOT want, amazon.jp packaging...

Last edited:
:emb:This looks real nice. Good film too.

**just a note for bunk (above) I bought The Impossible and Mad Max Trilogy from Yesasia and they marked the package as 'DVD's $8' so you will be OK for customs** :scat:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunk
This looks really nice, I think I will pick it up, but first I have to find something to go with it, no solo steels from Amazon, that's just asking for trouble :)

Love the disc too. I have the blu ray already so I'm not sure what to do but I did like this. Think I'll pre-order it :movie:

If Rooney Mara is in it, it's a must purchase for me! Already got the normal version with glossy slip so have ordered this and will use the slip so the spine will be in English on the shelf. :LOL: