SithLord84's Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
SithLord84's Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Hello and welcome to my Star Wars themed mancave. As you can see I am a huge fan of both Star Wars Trilogies. The statues you see here are from Sideshow Collectibles' Premium Format line. The collection itself is still very much a collection in progress, I couldn't tell you when I'll be finished but I do know that I am not done yet and I still have more statues on the way and I also have more posters/prints that will be added once they are framed.

The cabinets you see here are from Ikea, but all the parts are sold separately. The units themselves are called Besta, the doors are called Sindvik, and the interior lights are called Stotta.

In addition to the Star Wars collection the room features a Samsung 46" 3D LED TV, a Samsung HT-E5400 3D Home Theater System, as well as a Sony PS3 and a PS4.

20645872726_f08de58eb8_b.jpg

28261847536_c5fd4cb006_b.jpg

20645786006_044c2abe29_b.jpg

23131422163_b3a25e8682_b.jpg

Han Solo Premium Format

20484124900_668a48e1f7_b.jpg

19682667000_a6f95f265b_b.jpg

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Premium Format

28545080820_1e940cbe28_b.jpg

20484033428_97bde53e50_b.jpg

Boba Fett Premium Format

20672126035_e602cfbed7_b.jpg

20645848566_394e2935d4_b.jpg

20678827501_5390a41116_b.jpg

20049555074_4c6a6d4260_b.jpg

Chewbacca Premium Format

20678801181_19f56e7658_b.jpg

20678796901_162ba943fd_b.jpg

Darth Vader Premium Format - Exclusive

20678813581_0555e08bbe_b.jpg

20662844162_52fa5ee902_b.jpg

20672092385_1720e9f451_b.jpg

Anakin Skywalker Premium Format - Exclusive

28074197060_9e7e0297b5_b.jpg

28253280852_f9961a2099_b.jpg

Darth Maul Premium Format

20672075315_7261cce184_b.jpg

20672076165_27950800eb_b.jpg

Stormtrooper Premium Format

22729120281_abb9fe77a8_b.jpg

21265702878_788f4142f7_b.jpg

21265488890_4e3cf8f08e_b.jpg

C-3PO Premium Format

28215897371_a125546844_b.jpg

28190477082_4e8bc97a02_b.jpg

27678867873_123e0f0d31_b.jpg

Han Solo in Carbonite XL Rug from ThinkGeek.com

20678779531_59d29a13aa_b.jpg

"The Bad Guys" Celebration VI Print by Doug Wheatley

20678772841_1326368a1f_b.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Just dropping in to see if you guys are keeping up with all of the Hot Toys announcements for the new movie. They announced the TIE Fighter pilot today which puts them up to 7 pre-orders already and we're still 3 months away from the movie release! Granted a few of them are just variations.

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Just dropping in to see if you guys are keeping up with all of the Hot Toys announcements for the new movie. They announced the TIE Fighter pilot today which puts them up to 7 pre-orders already and we're still 3 months away from the movie release! Granted a few of them are just variations.

Hot Toys - 7
Sideshow - 0

LOL.

Its so bad, I wonder if SS even has anything planned yet. I know they say they do, but this is getting ridiculous. They are just blowing it with no products for a movie that is going to be a guaranteed cash machine for any company that makes stuff from it. They must be getting such a great cut from HT for selling their stuff that they can just sit on their asses and do nothing.

But at the same time I'm glad I'm not collecting SW stuff from HT because there is no way I'd be able to afford all this stuff at this rapid rate. I'd just like to see SS release 1 freaking piece at least.

Did you order any HT TFA stuff yet?

Last edited:
Hot Toys - 7
Sideshow - 0

LOL.

Its so bad, I wonder if SS even has anything planned yet. I know they say they do, but this is getting ridiculous. They are just blowing it with no products for a movie that is going to be a guaranteed cash machine for any company that makes stuff from it. They must be getting such a great cut from HT for selling their stuff that they can just sit on their asses and do nothing.

But at the same time I'm glad I'm not collecting SW stuff from HT because there is no way I'd be able to afford all this stuff at this rapid rate. I'd just like to see SS release 1 freaking piece at least.

Did you order any HT TFA stuff yet?

Nope, still haven't ordered any TFA stuff. I have almost all of the OT figures on order though. I just can't believe how many they already have up for order and that doesn't even include a bunch of other characters that they are guaranteed to make. I hope this movie is awesome! What's the official countdown at now?

Nope, still haven't ordered any TFA stuff. I have almost all of the OT figures on order though. I just can't believe how many they already have up for order and that doesn't even include a bunch of other characters that they are guaranteed to make. I hope this movie is awesome! What's the official countdown at now?

HT sure doesn't screw around, they put stuff out LOL. I've gotta say they've really taken advantage with the license so far.

I hope the movie is great too, we are down to 78 days! :D

You might have changed your mind 20 times by then LOL. But I'd bet you could get a better deal on one too if you get one in the middle of winter when they are begging for a sale.

I gotta go and dig up my OT VHS. I don't think I've seen the original cuts since before the DVDs came out in '04.

I still can't believe they've done such a great job at keeping photos of the big 3 out of the public eye, with that exception of the one of Luke in the Jedi robes. There is a part of me that is slightly worried that they might be going for too much of a wise old Jedi with his character that he won't even use his saber.

I wouldn't mind either way. If they have him as a super force type user where he doesn't need a saber like the Mortis arc in TCW, then awesome! I'm hoping, honestly, that the focus is more on the new characters, and the big 3 are more for background.

I try and watch the OG cuts once a year, but yeah I mostly watch the SE's now.

I've changed my mind 20 times since I last posted, LMAO! I'm now looking at the 2015 Suzuki GSXR-750. LMAO!

Yeah, been keeping up on the HT 1/6 releases and wishing there was something 1/4 because they all just look awesome! That new TIE Fighter pilot figure looks incredible!

Hot Toys - 7
Sideshow - 0

LOL.

LMAO!

Nice! I figured you or Lou would know the official countdown :)

Oh hell yeah! There's a guy at the gym I see almost every day who is a SW fan, and when we pass one of us says however many days are left, LOL! NERDS!

I wouldn't mind either way. If they have him as a super force type user where he doesn't need a saber like the Mortis arc in TCW, then awesome! I'm hoping, honestly, that the focus is more on the new characters, and the big 3 are more for background.

I've changed my mind 20 times since I last posted, LMAO! I'm now looking at the 2015 Suzuki GSXR-750. LMAO!

Yeah, been keeping up on the HT 1/6 releases and wishing there was something 1/4 because they all just look awesome! That new TIE Fighter pilot figure looks incredible!

LMAO!

Oh hell yeah! There's a guy at the gym I see almost every day who is a SW fan, and when we pass one of us says however many days are left, LOL! NERDS!

I'm definitely thinking the big 3 are going to be minor characters too.

LOL. By the time you'll read this post you'll be back to leaning on the Honda, and then later in the day back to the Kawasaki :D.

I saw some videos on youtube of the 1/4 HT Boba, he looks very impressive!

I also saw that Sideshow is going to be at NYCC this year and they have a countdown thing on the website: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/new-york-comic-con-2015 Its got a bunch of Stormtrooper PFs behind the countdown clock, could this mean they are focusing on upcoming SW stuff for the convention?

LOL. By the time you'll read this post you'll be back to leaning on the Honda, and then later in the day back to the Kawasaki :D.

I also saw that Sideshow is going to be at NYCC this year and they have a countdown thing on the website: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/new-york-comic-con-2015 Its got a bunch of Stormtrooper PFs behind the countdown clock, could this mean they are focusing on upcoming SW stuff for the convention?

One can only hope! ;)

Just checked out 2 vids of the HT Boba, and yeah, it does look good! It seems though that posing is an issue. One guy had a "museum" pose and the other was just another static pose with the gun. I'm curious what can be done with it when someone takes some time posing it.

LOL! Yeah, maybe. I'm test riding the GSXR750 today. Oh, and did I tell you it's black and red?

2014_4_384416_glasssparkleblackpearlmirared.jpg

One can only hope! ;)

Just checked out 2 vids of the HT Boba, and yeah, it does look good! It seems though that posing is an issue. One guy had a "museum" pose and the other was just another static pose with the gun. I'm curious what can be done with it when someone takes some time posing it.

LOL! Yeah, maybe. I'm test riding the GSXR750 today. Oh, and did I tell you it's black and red?

2014_4_384416_glasssparkleblackpearlmirared.jpg

Now thats the f'ing color you need to get! LOL.

I don't know what it is but to me these 1/4 figures just end up looking odd, or somehow not worth their price. I think at that size it just reminds me too much of a massively oversized doll, and not so much a high end collectible. I think with figs I'd stick with 1/6, and leave 1/4 to statues only. Just my $0.02, if I'd see one of these in person maybe I'd change my mind.

LMAO!

Ha, that's awesome! There's a guy at my gym who always has superhero shirts on so we always have to discuss comics when I see him.

I think the big 3 will probably be minor characters as well. Based on filming location, Luke will probably be off in isolation somewhere and they'll have to find him.

Have you guys watched the new Mad Max yet? It's just two solid hours of action! I watched it for the first time last night and already watched it again today. Of course I loved the old Road Warrior with Mel Gibson too.

Ha, that's awesome! There's a guy at my gym who always has superhero shirts on so we always have to discuss comics when I see him.

I think the big 3 will probably be minor characters as well. Based on filming location, Luke will probably be off in isolation somewhere and they'll have to find him.

Have you guys watched the new Mad Max yet? It's just two solid hours of action! I watched it for the first time last night and already watched it again today. Of course I loved the old Road Warrior with Mel Gibson too.

I'm thinking Luke will be sitting out there all by himself either hooked on alcohol or death sticks just pondering how his life got so bad where the only girl he wanted in the galaxy ended up being his sister and his father ended up being the Supreme Commander of the Empire who cut his hand off lol.

I have not seen it yet but I've heard great things about it. My brother is a huge Mad Max fan so I'm sure sooner or later we'll end up watching it together.

I'm thinking Luke will be sitting out there all by himself either hooked on alcohol or death sticks just pondering how his life got so bad where the only girl he wanted in the galaxy ended up being his sister and his father ended up being the Supreme Commander of the Empire who cut his hand off lol.

I have not seen it yet but I've heard great things about it. My brother is a huge Mad Max fan so I'm sure sooner or later we'll end up watching it together.

Ha ha, that's hilarious! Empire Strikes Back is like a bad dream for Luke. He's attacked by a Wampa, ends up covered with the insides of a Taun-Taun, sees a ghost, kisses his sister, ends up on an isolated planet being trained by a tiny green creature, and gets his hand chopped of by his dad. That's a bad few weeks right there.

FYI - The first volume of Marvel's Star Wars comes out tomorrow in trade paperback. I think the first collected volume of Darth Vader comes out October 20 and Princess Leia comes out sometime in November.

Now thats the f'ing color you need to get! LOL.

I don't know what it is but to me these 1/4 figures just end up looking odd, or somehow not worth their price. I think at that size it just reminds me too much of a massively oversized doll, and not so much a high end collectible. I think with figs I'd stick with 1/6, and leave 1/4 to statues only. Just my $0.02, if I'd see one of these in person maybe I'd change my mind.

Yeah, maybe. It seems that those who have'em in hand are really impressed. And, even some of the high-end statues don't look as good in pics as they do in hand. That said, when it comes to repeats like Boba and Vader, I'll have to pass on what SS and maybe HT are doing. XM has my full attention, for now. ;)

I just read this:

I don't know why I keep getting my hopes up with this company.

Not surprising, LOL! They are all to busy making BS videos about how much fun it is working with each other, or giving their opinions on artists, or anything else that toots their own horn. Making quality statues is so '00! LOL!

Oh hell yeah. Best one yet IMO. And, I love the OG's too! Fury Road was just so well done! Not to mention the PQ and AQ.

A friend of mine said the same thing. Like Luke isn't in the movie much.

LOL! I actually gave someone the death stare yesterday when he asked, "Oh! Are you a SW fan?" LMAO!

Fury Road is a movie where you don't really have to know anything about the charcter from previous movies. It's good man!

Luke - "There's 2 suns and no women! What else am I supposed to do?" LMAO!
Ha ha, that's hilarious! Empire Strikes Back is like a bad dream for Luke. He's attacked by a Wampa, ends up covered with the insides of a Taun-Taun, sees a ghost, kisses his sister, ends up on an isolated planet being trained by a tiny green creature, and gets his hand chopped of by his dad. That's a bad few weeks right there.

FYI - The first volume of Marvel's Star Wars comes out tomorrow in trade paperback. I think the first collected volume of Darth Vader comes out October 20 and Princess Leia comes out sometime in November.

I hope to be able to sit down and do some reading this fall/ winter. Just so busy right now. Still haven't read that damn Rebels book.

HAHAHA! That's the SW version of a country song. :D

Yeah, maybe. It seems that those who have'em in hand are really impressed. And, even some of the high-end statues don't look as good in pics as they do in hand. That said, when it comes to repeats like Boba and Vader, I'll have to pass on what SS and maybe HT are doing. XM has my full attention, for now. ;)

Not surprising, LOL! They are all to busy making BS videos about how much fun it is working with each other, or giving their opinions on artists, or anything else that toots their own horn. Making quality statues is so '00! LOL!

Oh hell yeah. Best one yet IMO. And, I love the OG's too! Fury Road was just so well done! Not to mention the PQ and AQ.

LOL! I actually gave someone the death stare yesterday when he asked, "Oh! Are you a SW fan?" LMAO!

Fury Road is a movie where you don't really have to know anything about the charcter from previous movies. It's good man!

I hope to be able to sit down and do some reading this fall/ winter. Just so busy right now. Still haven't read that damn Rebels book.

Glad you appreciated Mad Max as well, I was surprised how fast and furious the first 30 minutes came at me and it didn't really slow down much.

I have that Rebels book as well...and also haven't read it, ha. I'm going to pick up the first volume of Marvel's Star Wars though and will definitely read it. I'll report back to you if it's good! :)

LOL. Man, I'd be like f*** this Galaxy I'm out of here!

LOL! Poor Luke.

I'm hoping you end up getting the XM Vader dio thing. I'm still pissed we can't even find a leaked photo, but from what everyone is saying that was there it looks absolutely phenomenal.

Glad you appreciated Mad Max as well, I was surprised how fast and furious the first 30 minutes came at me and it didn't really slow down much.

I have that Rebels book as well...and also haven't read it, ha. I'm going to pick up the first volume of Marvel's Star Wars though and will definitely read it. I'll report back to you if it's good! :)

I will most likely pick up the first Marvel SW TPB, but I don't know when I'll get to it, I'm so far behind in reading the stuff I already have. I still haven't read The Star Wars that was based on Lucas's original draft, and I've had that thing for months now. I just gotta make some time one of these weekends for reading.

On a good note though I can finally say that my Hot Toys Cherry has officially been: Terminated

22011051665_849a60f709_b.jpg

21389885203_bd2b6c87b6_b.jpg

I'll take some more pics very soon once I have time to do some cool poses, it was really late tonight by the time I was able to unbox him.

First impressions: Holy ****!

Second impressions: I can confirm that the headsculpt completely blows away any human likeness on any PF I have. The tailoring is top notch, but I can't say if its better or worse than SS's PFs because those are damn good too. I've also got to make a note that the paint on the flesh tones is incredible. It seriously looks like there is a circa 1984 1/6 Arnie in my room.

LOL. Man, I'd be like f*** this Galaxy I'm out of here!

LOL! Poor Luke.

I'm hoping you end up getting the XM Vader dio thing. I'm still pissed we can't even find a leaked photo, but from what everyone is saying that was there it looks absolutely phenomenal.

I will most likely pick up the first Marvel SW TPB, but I don't know when I'll get to it, I'm so far behind in reading the stuff I already have. I still haven't read The Star Wars that was based on Lucas's original draft, and I've had that thing for months now. I just gotta make some time one of these weekends for reading.

On a good note though I can finally say that my Hot Toys Cherry has officially been: Terminated

22011051665_849a60f709_b.jpg

21389885203_bd2b6c87b6_b.jpg

I'll take some more pics very soon once I have time to do some cool poses, it was really late tonight by the time I was able to unbox him.

First impressions: Holy ****!

Second impressions: I can confirm that the headsculpt completely blows away any human likeness on any PF I have. The tailoring is top notch, but I can't say if its better or worse than SS's PFs because those are damn good too. I've also got to make a note that the paint on the flesh tones is incredible. It seriously looks like there is a circa 1984 1/6 Arnie in my room.

YES! I love it! I've always been a huge Arnold fan and want to get his Hot Toys figures (that Commando one looks amazing), but I just have too much other stuff to focus on.

So does this mean there may be more Hot Toys in your future?

YES! I love it! I've always been a huge Arnold fan and want to get his Hot Toys figures (that Commando one looks amazing), but I just have too much other stuff to focus on.

So does this mean there may be more Hot Toys in your future?

I'm glad you like it :). I can't stop checking it out every chance I get lol. The Commando one looks amazing too.

Oh hell yeah! I honestly didn't know just how blown away I was going to be by this. I'm still going to stick with PFs as far as SW stuff goes, as I like the bigger size and I don't know if HTs would look any better when it comes to helmeted characters which is probably the main stuff I'll be going with as far as SW goes from this point forward. But now I'm starting to think maybe I could do a Detolf or 2 of other movie character stuff. I still don't have any Marvel stuff yet... :ohno: and I definitely love everything I've seen from HT as far as that goes. I'm also possibly considering flipping my Keaton Batman PF and getting that new Batman Returns 2 pack they have. I'm not that blown away by the Keaton headsculpt right now but I saw they made changes to Han once people made enough comments about it, so maybe they'll do the same with Keaton. Did you get any of the Star Wars HTs in that you ordered yet?

I'm glad you like it :). I can't stop checking it out every chance I get lol. The Commando one looks amazing too.

Oh hell yeah! I honestly didn't know just how blown away I was going to be by this. I'm still going to stick with PFs as far as SW stuff goes, as I like the bigger size and I don't know if HTs would look any better when it comes to helmeted characters which is probably the main stuff I'll be going with as far as SW goes from this point forward. But now I'm starting to think maybe I could do a Detolf or 2 of other movie character stuff. I still don't have any Marvel stuff yet... :ohno: and I definitely love everything I've seen from HT as far as that goes. I'm also possibly considering flipping my Keaton Batman PF and getting that new Batman Returns 2 pack they have. I'm not that blown away by the Keaton headsculpt right now but I saw they made changes to Han once people made enough comments about it, so maybe they'll do the same with Keaton. Did you get any of the Star Wars HTs in that you ordered yet?

I still only have the Stormtrooper...which I haven't even opened, hope there's nothing wrong with it since I'm past the return window by this point. I just got a notice that Han should be shipping in the next week so I'll report back after I receive him.

I have a few Marvel ones (which again I haven't opened with moving and no display cases at the moment). The Star Lord and Iron Man Mark 43 I've taken out of the box and they look great. I cancelled my Hawkeye order when I saw his Civil War outfit which I like a lot more.

I'm not sure what to buy for display purposes. Seems like you can only get 2-3 figures on a shelf in a detolf. I'd like to display more on one shelf than that (I mean if I'm getting all the Avengers, they all need to be displayed together!).

I still only have the Stormtrooper...which I haven't even opened, hope there's nothing wrong with it since I'm past the return window by this point. I just got a notice that Han should be shipping in the next week so I'll report back after I receive him.

I have a few Marvel ones (which again I haven't opened with moving and no display cases at the moment). The Star Lord and Iron Man Mark 43 I've taken out of the box and they look great. I cancelled my Hawkeye order when I saw his Civil War outfit which I like a lot more.

I'm not sure what to buy for display purposes. Seems like you can only get 2-3 figures on a shelf in a detolf. I'd like to display more on one shelf than that (I mean if I'm getting all the Avengers, they all need to be displayed together!).

HT really did an awesome job reworking the Han sculpt, I'm sure you'll like it.

I think Star Lord was is possibly my favorite Marvel one to date, that thing just so awesome! Are you going to get the rest of the Guardians eventually?

Hulk's size really makes it a problem to easily display all of the Avengers comfortably, unless you've got a long open shelf. But I have seen people use Bestas for HTs as well. You can get a half shelf that runs along the back and put up to 3 figures on it : http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80295526/#/80295526 , or a glass one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00295530/.

Here is a pic I've found with them in a Besta:
attachment.php

Again its cramped, but if you really want them all in one cube that you can put a nice glass door on this does work pretty well.