Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about all of the problems with this release, luckily, I cancelled this before it shipped, so have avoided another headache. It seems Scanavo are just simply cutting corners, and don't seem to care anymore about steelbooks, so many, so often, and no quality control whatsoever it seems. such a shame.

I have to ask as well, when these arrive at the centres where the discs and leaflets are inserted and the j cards and shrinkwrap is applied, doesn't anyone there check for these damages before being processed ?

And I wonder how much of the damage steelbooks receive is in fact due to the media discs/shrinkwrapping manhandling itself.?

I despair sometimes..:(

On a different note, it's unusual not to have the Irish ratings logo on the J-card.
Never realised before that this was passed as 18 in Ireland but only 15 in the UK (as displayed on the disc) Maybe that has something to do with it?

Has always been an 18 in IRE and 15 in UK as far as I can tell.

max1361491940-potlaccd-cover.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
Its no point then me asking for a replacement if these scratches are on the back of every steelbook
Looks like it was a problem when applying the gloss or it had not dried fully when the jcard was attached

They have already asked me how much my postage cost would be to return my steelbook
Which I was a bit surprised as they did not try to offer me the usual partial refund and instead just asked me what is the cost of postage for me to return the steelbook

If all are damaged then I will look for a large partial refund so I can at least still have the steelbook
I don't see the point of returning if my replacement has the same fault

I wonder as the release date was delayed did Scanavo rush to get these supplied to StudioCanal and in doing so not give enough time for the gloss to dry

So, this was in my shopping cart last night, but didn't complete the check-out yet as I was checking the quality on some other sites. As someone pointed out, it's now sold out and gone when i hit refresh. Maybe it's telling me it's not meant for me to purchase. Was thinking of blind buying. :LOL:

No scratches, no dents, all good :)
Look closely at top left hand corner of the steelbook those marks are not meant to be there
Its not noticeable at first glance
If your steelbook is perfect then it looks as if you got lucky but I would not rub the steelbook at all with anything for a few weeks just in case and allow more time to dry
11116223_10206078486021743_6313098167405279648_n.jpg

Look closely at top left hand corner of the steelbook those marks are not meant to be there
Its not noticeable at first glance
If your steelbook is perfect then it looks as if you got lucky but I would not rub the steelbook at all with anything for a few weeks just in case and allow more time to dry
View attachment 154966
Checked it thoroughly after I saw your first post and especially after receiving a Zavvi special crushed Avengers but I can't see anything, thankfully.
Will be keeping it quarantined from the rest for a few days until I am sure it is dry, cheers for the heads up.

Reactions: paulboland
Really weird but mine hasn't even been sent yet. Anyone else still waiting for it to dispatch?

Really weird but mine hasn't even been sent yet. Anyone else still waiting for it to dispatch?

This makes me think that maybe it's not actually sold out on zavvi, but they have labeled it as such because they run out of the initial small stock and they're now in the processes of getting more from the lot of 2000 copies that have been printed.

This makes me think that maybe it's not actually sold out on zavvi, but they have labeled it as such because they run out of the initial small stock and they're now in the processes of getting more from the lot of 2000 copies that have been printed.

I hope so, I really wanted this one. Hopefully gets sent soon

I received mine today - can confirm weird scuff marks on rear although nowhere near as bad as the image posted here. I wiped my steelbook with a disposable decorator's cleaning cloth and then buffed it with a soft dry cloth - can hardly see the marks now

• Informative
Reactions: steelbobawny
Mine has not shipped yet either. getting really fed up with Zavvi, wondering if their steels are worth the aggravation.

I'm the same mate. My avengers assemble steelbook Is still processing too So I messaged them about it and they said they have had to cancel it due to not enough stock but it's still processing in my orders!! Absolute Cowboys

So it begins, let the Zavvi customer service begin. Mine also arrived with scratches across the back and dent above the 'H'. I've stated that I want a replacement and not a discount. What's the betting they come back to me offering a discount?