Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still wanted to keep the steelbook and not go for a full refund and have to sent it back

They agreed to give me 50% partial Refund

If this comes back in stock at a later stage and stock has no production problem I will re order

I still wanted to keep the steelbook and not go for a full refund and have to sent it back

They agreed to give me 50% partial Refund

If this comes back in stock at a later stage and stock has no production problem I will re order

That's better, well done, Zavvi did not even offer me a partial refund and I was asking for another copy, they just sent me the collect+ label as the first response. I feel like keeping it and doing the car wax method, maybe I should ask them for a partial refund?

@paulboland I received my copy today and after removing the J-card, I saw the scratch marks :(
I'll send a protest to Zavvi, but first I have to figure out how to take a photo. Somehow the glossy finish is making it difficult :wow:

I don't understand the thinking sometimes. A nice matte finish would have been much more appropriate for this title. They gloss the bejesus out of this but Little Mermaid they make a dull matte. :dunno:
I 100% agree. The gloss finish doesn't suit this at all, in fact it makes it look rather cheap. A very detailed matte approach (like the recent Avengers Assemble) would have been much more appropriate.

To be honest, the more days that go by with this steel book, the more I just think of it as a waste now. It looks cheap, complete lack of details, and most of all the scratches and scuffs, which have not affected my copy so badly, but the alignment of the 2 sides of the case, and the wearing on the corners is simply awful.

This is the 2nd steel book I have received by Studio Canal (the first being the equally disappointing Imitation Game) and I wouldn't get another title with their name on it again.

Reactions: Greyback and lolwut
I 100% agree. The gloss finish doesn't suit this at all, in fact it makes it look rather cheap. A very detailed matte approach (like the recent Avengers Assemble) would have been much more appropriate.

To be honest, the more days that go by with this steel book, the more I just think of it as a waste now. It looks cheap, complete lack of details, and most of all the scratches and scuffs, which have not affected my copy so badly, but the alignment of the 2 sides of the case, and the wearing on the corners is simply awful.

This is the 2nd steel book I have received by Studio Canal (the first being the equally disappointing Imitation Game) and I wouldn't get another title with their name on it again.
Most of the StudioCanal Steelbooks are very good I have all of them there a a few that are average but most are good
The only one I passed on was The Imitation Game the rest of the catalogue I have

I will list in my opinion what one are good and average later this week

Reactions: PeteH
Most of the StudioCanal Steelbooks are very good I have all of them there a a few that are average but most are good
The only one I passed on was The Imitation Game the rest of the catalogue I have

I will list in my opinion what one are good and average later this week

I think most of them have problems, but they have improved by doing more gloss finishes. I really don't like their black and white inside arts. Seems like penny pinching. I also don't like their steels with no titles. However I own a lot of Studiocanal steels, probably more than any other company.

That's the exact same scratch marks in the exact same place as my steelbook has
This seams to be a problem that has happened before or after the gloss was applied
Its a pain as overall its a nice looking steelbook its just a pity the quality control missed this or did not not bother to get them fixed
I will be contacting StudioCanal as there is no way Zavvi would have known about this as the jcard would have been attached and then shrink wrapped by StudioCanal and then shipped to Zavvi sealed

Which text you write Studiocanal?

We must write Studiocanal and Scanavo messages about this problems, that they could inprofe there processes for future steelbooks and make here a return action.
Then this is unacceptable.

They offered me a partial refund of 30%
I have rejected that and asked for a lot more
I have also informed them a lot of customers are getting this steelbook with the scratches and scuff marks and that its a production fault

If they bother to get replacement I will wait and see but as this was limited to 2,000

The other 2,000 most likely will show up as a release in Germany at some stage and I will get it then and hopefully that batch wont have the same production fault

In Germany the rights are on Constantin Film, so there is no chance, they release the same steelbook,or a steelbook from this film in Germany. :-(

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I have been shocked when Zavvi has asked me for proof of this. Really, Zavvi? You KNOW you have screwed up. Take it like a man and find solutions, don't look for excuses

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
I have been shocked when Zavvi has asked me for proof of this. Really, Zavvi? You KNOW you have screwed up. Take it like a man and find solutions, don't look for excuses
Zavvi knew there were issues with the finish before they sent them out, even though it was hidden by the J-card and shrink wrap? Bastards!

I would think all companies do quality control of their products, specially on a small batch. I would think, I don't know

Finally got a reply from Zavvi regarding my scratched steelbook. They offered me 15%, so here we go again. Reply sent and now I'm waiting for their next step.