Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain Headhunter believe me. I like the part about a different autobot, that is so true. And the last line is the best.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

That means another autobot will be happy to give you the run around again. o_O
I just succumb to the fact that if I receive a damaged steelbook I'm screwed! :ugh:

Well, I managed to negotiate a 50% refund, so I'm quite happy...well, except for the part of having a non-perfect steelbook :(:facepalm:

The gloss finish lifts a rather dull front cover and makes a decent steel book of it. Nice to get gloss for once from zavvi. Sadly it's let down by an appalling transfer, the grain is pretty heavy and the picture isn't even sharp. Shame.

Mine arrived with some minor scratches in certain light /angle but i can live with not the worst damaged steelbook i have recieved my thor tales of asgard had a hole through packing into steelbook and only 15% refund and as at time it was oos i accepted and now with marvel day it is back in stock not happy messaged them about it no we wait to see what they come back with :banghead:

This is where im up to just waiting for a response..to say this is a "gesture of good will" after they have sent me something damaged is the reason they can either give me 50% or refund me in full the cheeky [email protected] have been as polite as i have ever been in my life....:-D

Queried products
  • Sleepy Hollow - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (2000 Only)

Order number: 51724308

Order items:

File Uploaded: Y
Issue:
I have a problem with my order
I have received a damaged item
I would prefer a refund
Customer info:
Hi unfortunately this steelbook has arrived with scratches all over the back of it. I have taken a few pictures but i t will only let me upload one and due to my camera not being too good its hard too see them but they are there if you look closely at the picture. By looking at the steelbook forums they all seem to be like this so i guess a replacement is pointless. I will either except a full refund or a reduction off the initial price which i paid £15.99. 50% would reasonable if this was option you would opt for.
Thanks for your time and understanding

Sent by: Zavvi UK. 25 April 2015, 14:01

Hello Eugenio,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Sleepy Hollow - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

As a gesture of goodwill, due to the extent of the damage we can see, we would like to offer a refund of 20%.
Please can you let us know if you are happy to accept this partial refund?

Once requested this would be returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Sent by: You. 25 April 2015, 14:11

Hey there, thanks for the quick response. Plse don't take this the wrong way but i know people have received 50% partial refund on this item due to the same damage, so i'm afraid there is no way i would except anything below that, sorry. In this case i would like a full refund and ill return the damaged item. Plse can you send me the pre paid delivery stamp and ill send you back the item.

Thanks for your time

This is where im up to just waiting for a response..to say this is a "gesture of good will" after they have sent me something damaged is the reason they can either give me 50% or refund me in full the cheeky [email protected] have been as polite as i have ever been in my life....:-D

This will be the next thing you hear that will have you scratching your head and talking to yourself. if you're like me you'll wish you took the 20% offer.

I can advise that we would need to arrange for the appropriate returns information, if possible to get a quote for the costs of this return and let us know we will be able to arrange the correct details for you.

Reactions: Eugenio
This will be the next thing you hear that will have you scratching your head and talking to yourself. if you're like me you'll wish you took the 20% offer.

I can advise that we would need to arrange for the appropriate returns information, if possible to get a quote for the costs of this return and let us know we will be able to arrange the correct details for you.

You are correct this is exactly what they have done lol but i dont have a printer to print out the label so this will be fun........:-D

Mine hasn't even been despatched yet !! Ordered on live day but still awaiting stock pick apparently. Looks like they've done me a favour [emoji106]

Reactions: Eugenio
I decided to ask for a replacement from Zavvi the other day and still they did not offer any partial refund, also they did not make it clear I could get a replacement but said they were expecting more stock, so back to asking them again to replace it. If I'm not happy with their next message I'll consider sending it back I already have the collect+ label from them for a return and refund. :dunno::(

What you mean with collect+ label?

Mine has arrived. Although not as bad as some have described the back still looks like it has kicked across a sidewalk and has many scratches on the gloss.

Man I feel for all of you who got damaged copies or nothing at all yet, it's a shame cause I really like this Steel it is one of my fav's so far this year but I just checked out the disc itself and can't believe that it is so poor. No extras like on the U.S. Edition and I was doing some comparisons on certain scenes and I am sure that the UK edition has been cropped. I was going to sell my US copy but not anymore :(

You are correct this is exactly what they have done lol but i dont have a printer to print out the label so this will be fun........:-D

My damaged steelbook was Chernobyl Diaries. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning a $15.00 steelbook so I told them I'll accept their original offer of a 20% refund and I ordered another one. Zavvi wins! :(

It has been a while since I got a damaged steelbook from Zavvi (knock on wood) but every time I did they were always happy to just replace it without me sending the damaged one back. Last one was Legend. I sent them the pics of the damage and they without question sent me a replacement.

KPB5Db.jpg

I'm not going to Zavvi to complain about Scratchy Hollow though. It honestly was not their fault this time.

Reactions: StifflersDad
UK Picture Quality and Sound is better than the USA Blu-ray
Its not reference quality but its definitely better than the USA Release

UK Blu-ray don't have any extras but they were not that great anyway

The USA Blu-ray the extras are the previous DVD extras and in are in SD

THE UK Blu-ray is the best version if you exclude the missing extras