Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for Zavvi to get back to me, still trying to see if they will replace it since they mentioned stock is coming, looking likely I will just send this back to them, since Zavvi are not good with replacements.

Has anyone tried the car wax method on the back of this steelbook? I'd be careful though you have to remove the excess wax once your done before it fully dries from what I know, you can't buff it out later on when it's dried, you would damage the steelbook. I'm kind of tempted to give it a go on another steelbook but would it work is the question.

I'm still waiting for Zavvi to get back to me, still trying to see if they will replace it since they mentioned stock is coming, looking likely I will just send this back to them, since Zavvi are not good with replacements.

Has anyone tried the car wax method on the back of this steelbook? I'd be careful though you have to remove the excess wax once your done before it fully dries from what I know, you can't buff it out later on when it's dried, you would damage the steelbook. I'm kind of tempted to give it a go on another steelbook but would it work is the question.

tumblr_lp6pi0ZwjJ1qde6e2o1_500.gif

Reactions: dan8885
I was prompted to open my copy thanks to all you guys for pointing out the problem with this steel. Mine definitely looks like lots of little scratches on the back. If it wasn't for being apart of the Ninja community I wouldn't have opened it until I wanted to watch it and I know that would be too late to contact Zavvi, so thanks all. Good luck to everyone with Zavvi on this one. Thanks PaulBoland for the original pictures also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 210
Not Opened mine yet but will do now to check may just get a refund as sick of sending stuff back it's not worth the stress
I've just had to open my '2001' as thought it was scratched on the front but turns out it was glue which i removed easily but had to cut the blue banner from j card/paper as also covered in glue OCD nightmare :facepalm::ohno:

Not Opened mine yet but will do now to check may just get a refund as sick of sending stuff back it's not worth the stress
I've just had to open my '2001' as thought it was scratched on the front but turns out it was glue which i removed easily but had to cut the blue banner from j card/paper as also covered in glue OCD nightmare :facepalm::ohno:

Just had same problem mine was covered and I mean covered in glue, so much on front blue banner it's soaked through and welded had to go in from the back and it had a huge amount also, why do they insist on putting so much glue on the thinest piece of paper j card, it as you said an OCD nightmare. Steelbook was also scratched :(

Reactions: Travis Bickle
Just had same problem mine was covered and I mean covered in glue, so much on front blue banner it's soaked through and welded had to go in from the back and it had a huge amount also, why do they insist on putting so much glue on the thinest piece of paper j card, it as you said an OCD nightmare. Steelbook was also scratched :(
Too many releases and no quality control :facepalm:

Mine had the same scratch marks on the back, but one scratch was deep enough that it could be felt. I used car scratch remover to try to buff it out. Harder to see scratches now unless really holding at a specific angle.

I did send the pictures to zavvi before buffing and this was there final response:

20150423_184541.jpg

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for your reply.

On this occasion we can increase the offer of a partial refund to 25%, or alternatively you can return this to us for a full refund.

Please let us know which you would prefer so we can process this for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Chris

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Decided to accept it as its really not worth the hassle of returning. Already bought it with a discount code, so guess I'm fine with it.

Mine had the same scratch marks on the back, but one scratch was deep enough that it could be felt. I used car scratch remover to try to buff it out. Harder to see scratches now unless really holding at a specific angle.

I did send the pictures to zavvi before buffing and this was there final response:

View attachment 156484

Interesting, I've not thought about using a car scratch remover just the wax, as that's what I have read on HDN and other forums, which car scratch remover did you use? I'd assume you used one that was safe for all paint kinds, I think the wax will do for me on a test I may carry out later this month.

Have you got the after pics for the repair you carried out?

It has been a while since I got a damaged steelbook from Zavvi (knock on wood) but every time I did they were always happy to just replace it without me sending the damaged one back. Last one was Legend. I sent them the pics of the damage and they without question sent me a replacement.

KPB5Db.jpg

I'm not going to Zavvi to complain about Scratchy Hollow though. It honestly was not their fault this time.

Its Zavvis fault, when they dont get in touch with Scanavo for a new error-free print run.

Reactions: lolwut
It's a return label you get from Zavvi to return items to them in the UK, you have to print it out, it's prepaid by Zavvi in the UK if the item is damaged or faulty.
Thanks for the answer. So you dont must pay delivery coasts?

Did Zavvi this for buyers from other countries, for example Germany?

Interesting, I've not thought about using a car scratch remover just the wax, as that's what I have read on HDN and other forums, which car scratch remover did you use? I'd assume you used one that was safe for all paint kinds, I think the wax will do for me on a test I may carry out later this month.

@steelbobawny I used NuFinish scratch remover. It's meant for clear coats on cars which is pretty much what they have on the steelbook. Can still see the deep scratch, but the others are much harder to see:

20150426_192007.jpg 20150426_191209.jpg

Last edited:

Car wax is a protector and will not touch scratches.
As mentioned above a car scratch remover is more suited, it is a polish with some mild abrasives in.
Could try car polish first as it may be less abrasive

Car wax is a protector and will not touch scratches.
As mentioned above a car scratch remover is more suited, it is a polish with some mild abrasives in.
Could try car polish first as it may be less abrasive

Did a second round with the scratch remover only this time over the entire back. Looks pretty good now unless held in just the right angle which will show the scratches, but no dis-colouration aside from the one deep one. Think I might use the NuFinish car polish on it tomorrow to protect the fix.

Cheers!