Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a response from Zavvi and they offered me a return for a full refund as the item is oos. I don't really want to lose the steel altogether. Any recommendations to get them to offer me a partial refund. I'd rather a non damaged replacement, but according to them they have none.

Package arrived today and i noticed those same strange marks on the back. As usual i used a bit of trielina (a common solvent to clean out metal surfaces from sticky stuff) to remove from the steelbook that sticky glue of the j-card and then i tried on the white marks. They totally disappeared!

By the way the steelbook looks a bit dark but really cool, even with that silver moon on the front

Got a response from Zavvi and they offered me a return for a full refund as the item is oos. I don't really want to lose the steel altogether. Any recommendations to get them to offer me a partial refund. I'd rather a non damaged replacement, but according to them they have none.

I'd tell them that you're a collector and that a damaged steel is still better than no steel. Ask them directly for a 50% refund and don't forget to stress how big of a passion collecting steelbooks is for you.

Reactions: traceysws
What will really bug me now is that Germany (via amazon.de or the like) will end up releasing this as well and the manufacturing defects will be no more. I guess it's a chance we all took when ordering it. I'm just happy I managed cancel a bunch of other steelbooks from zavvi that became available on amazon.de for far less than what zavvi charged.

AI
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Jurassic Park III
2001: Space Odyssey
The Mask
Sin City Re-Cut

All for EUR89 shipped to Canada :thumbs:

Cheers!

Reactions: Kuzco
What will really bug me now is that Germany (via amazon.de or the like) will end up releasing this as well and the manufacturing defects will be no more. I guess it's a chance we all took when ordering it. I'm just happy I managed cancel a bunch of other steelbooks from zavvi that became available on amazon.de for far less than what zavvi charged.

AI
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Jurassic Park III
2001: Space Odyssey
The Mask
Sin City Re-Cut

All for EUR89 shipped to Canada :thumbs:

Cheers!

Difference here is that this is Studio Canal and not one of their UK catalogue steelbooks has ever been released anywhere else with the same artwork (to my knowledge).

Reactions: snooloui
Difference here is that this is Studio Canal and not one of their UK catalogue steelbooks has ever been released anywhere else with the same artwork (to my knowledge).

Apart from which, as already pointed out by another member earlier in this thread, in Germany "Sleepy Hollow" is distributed by Constantin Film not Studio Canal. They release relatively few Steelbooks and I can't see this title being a priority for them.

I think "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" (Skynet Edition) is the only Studio Canal Steelbook to be released in the UK, Germany and France with identical artwork.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Phantasmic

Robocop remake, Total Recall, Terminator 2 and Higlander are also released as identical steelbooks in Germany.

The big problem here is, that in Germany the lazy studio Constantin Film have the rights, not Studiocanal.

now that i checked mine carefully im seen some dentation on the spine,,,any news on the supposedly new shipment they going to have, i would like a replacement instead, i'll wait a little before i make any comment to zavvi ....

Was either to return the steelbook for a refund, no option for replacement or 15% refund and be grateful. Screw them, I am not ordering from them any more anything I can get elsewhere.

I did all this, their comeback? 10% refund. You just gotta laugh sometimes.

I first wrote them regarding the damage and they offered 20%. I replied and kindly not accepted that. Again I stressed that I'm a collector and that I buy regularly. They were then nice enough to accept. I also pointed out that I'm a regular customer with a very small number of complaints (which is true).