Spider-Man: Homecoming (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #89) [Czech Republic]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 13, 2017
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Price: 999 CZK (E1) - 1199 CZK (E2) - 1299 CZK (E3) - 4999 CZK (E4)
Note: WEA
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 Box - E5 A - E5 B
E1.jpg E2.jpg E3.jpg E4.jpg

21032871_1481087472008224_3936953246344885099_n.jpg
received_1890750887608123.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 19.06.09.png

Last edited:
Yeah, these are the reason I wanna go for the Iron Man slip despite me wanting a Spidey slip for the Spidey movie. :LOL::rofl: But damn look at the embossing ...

All 3 (so far) v. good . . . nothing substandard about any of them . . . a massive plus each one being sufficiently different from the others with at least one of them appealing to the steelbook buyer looking for just the one version as well as to the buyer who buys all 10 (or however many) versions are released:-
184800_large.jpg
upload_2017-10-14_0-21-18.png
190479_large.jpg
190419_large.jpg

Variety is the very spice of life that gives it all its flavour" 1785 (W. Cowper 1731 - 1800)

As for the Meinerding art on the International steelbook: the funniest thing is if this was receiving a full gloss WET from Blufans with framed embossed Spidey and yet still with no front title I'm betting 8 out of 10 cats would prefer it to the FA.

As for the artist with his signature on the steelbook, he is the . . .
- Head honcho of Marvel Studios Visual Development and credited with helping to design the look and feel of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Main artistic contributor to the book "Spider-Man: Homecoming - the Art of the Movie" (this steelbook front image also serving as the front image of the book https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/130290275X/?tag=hidefnin-21)
- Writer of "The Art of Iron-Man 3", an illustrator in "Iron-Man" a conceptual illustrator in "Iron-Man 2", a visual development supervisor in "Thor", the visual development supervisor and the suit developer in "Captain America: The First Avenger", the visual development supervisor in "The Avengers", the head of visual development in "Iron-Man 3", a visual development supervisor in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", the co-head of visual development in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the Costume Designer for "Daredevil".
In other words, no slouch he!

• Thanks
Reactions: Bengaloo
That’s some price for the complete box, around €220. And shipping comes on top of that.
Only for the true collector :happy:

I have spent it on Wonder Woman, which I prefer to see in a tight suit rather than Spider-Man :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
For me personally, yes the art on the WWA is well painted, but I still don't like it. I'm not keen on the lack of title on a movie cover, the pose Spider-Man has been put in looks a bit weird, and I'm not a big fan of all the webbing all over the place. There's no denying his talent but like all art, you either like it or don't.

The Film Arena art is the one I'm going for but my favourite art was the one that HMV had as a placeholder.

I'm not denying that the WWA steel is very well drawn, but I simply don't like art that is created by hand on my steelbooks. It's supposed to be about the film - not the comic book. The FA version is more like the traditional poster type design that I will always prefer no matter how much hand drawn, pop-art, mondo, painted stuff they keep trying to force on us.

The FAC version is obviously the nicest so far (as a matter of opinion of course) but it screams quality over the other WWA designs.
However, the other designs are nice little collectibles to go with the collection and if all are displayed all together it would look pretty cool I think.
Having a selection is always a good thing, and you certainly don't want the same sort of thing from different retailers.

I do think that somewhere down the line another Spidey will be presented to blow the FAC version out of the water. Who will release it? We don't yet know
but the moment that opportunity arises it will be a big deal I think, and it will be one of these unexpected releases further down the line.
A Blufans WEA would probably nail it... but they aren't doing one at present are they?

• Thanks
Reactions: hummels23
Yes, creativity and innovation have no place on steelbooks . . .

In fact, let's organise a petition to ban choice, to ban "creative" and have all steelbooks with poster art on the front . . . and . . . that's . . . all.

Let's put Mondo out of business and stop these cheeky artists http://arrowvideodeck.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/meet-artists.html - and others equally well-known - defacing our precious Amarays and steelbooks.
3196af1dccc65a8b2cf7aab6d40c3bf2--creativity-quotes-get-started.jpg

Yes, creativity and innovation have no place on steelbooks . . .

In fact, let's organise a petition to ban choice, to ban "creative" and have all steelbooks with poster art on the front . . . and . . . that's . . . all.

Let's put Mondo out of business and stop these cheeky artists http://arrowvideodeck.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/meet-artists.html - and others equally well-known - defacing our precious Amarays and steelbooks.
3196af1dccc65a8b2cf7aab6d40c3bf2--creativity-quotes-get-started.jpg
IMG_3079.GIF

I'm not denying that the WWA steel is very well drawn, but I simply don't like art that is created by hand on my steelbooks. It's supposed to be about the film - not the comic book. The FA version is more like the traditional poster type design that I will always prefer no matter how much hand drawn, pop-art, mondo, painted stuff they keep trying to force on us.

You the same wth old school movie posters like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, big trouble In little China, goonies, Struzan art etc etc etc?
Because most his work is better than any standard style movie poster

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and milky