Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Attitudes like this is why these retailers think they can get away with treating us like sh*t :)

If they have offended you that much by advertising 4 discs when its 3 (Will be the distributors fault not hmv’s) then send it back. I dont see what crying on here is going to achieve, Its still great value for money as it includes all HD and UHD discs.

Do you think HMV have the missing bonus disc stocked somewhere? No, they only have what the distributor sent.

Its not a case of having a wrong attitude, its a case of still seeing value for money in a release and not crying about a bonus disc which probably only has 10 minutes of content on it anyhow.

3 disc or 4 it’s still great value at £25.... but as the saying goes “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”.
I think il be putting in a cheeky email to see if anything would be said or done about the 4th disc.
Not cheeky at all - perfectly valid enquiry based on the description.

If they have offended you that much by advertising 4 discs when its 3 (Will be the distributors fault not hmv’s) then send it back. I dont see what crying on here is going to achieve, Its still great value for money as it includes all HD and UHD discs.

Do you think HMV have the missing bonus disc stocked somewhere? No, they only have what the distributor sent.

Its not a case of having a wrong attitude, its a case of still seeing value for money in a release and not crying about a bonus disc which probably only has 10 minutes of content on it anyhow.
It doesn't really matter whose fault it is - your contract of sale is with the retailer, and it's for them to resolve any issues with the distributor.

Would you feel the same if you bought a multi-pack from a supermarket that only contained 3 items instead of 4 as advertised? Would you still say "well never mind, it was still good value"? Or took delivery of a new car with only 3 wheels instead of 4??!!! Ok, so perhaps that's a bit of an extreme, but the same principle would still apply nevertheless i.e. not getting what was advertised, regardless of the actual or perceived value of the missing item.

I cannot believe the attitude of some of you on here...oh well, it only has 3 discs instead of 4 which is what I paid for, nevermind...carry on HMV!!!!

Seriously???? I'm with paulboland, as soon as my copy arrives I will be e-mailing HMV demanding they either....

supply the missing as advertised bonus disc OR give me a £5.00 refund as a gesture of goodwill for advertising AND charging for an incorrectly advertised product....if they refuse I will be contacting the appropriate people to complain....:censored::censored::censored:

I urge all of you who will be receiving this product to contact HMV:thumbs::thumbs:

It doesn't really matter whose fault it is - your contract of sale is with the retailer, and it's for them to resolve any issues with the distributor.

Would you feel the same if you bought a multi-pack from a supermarket that only contained 3 items instead of 4 as advertised? Would you still say "well never mind, it was still good value"? Or took delivery of a new car with only 3 wheels instead of 4??!!! Ok, so perhaps that's a bit of an extreme, but the same principle would still apply nevertheless i.e. not getting what was advertised, regardless of the actual or perceived value of the missing item.

THIS ^^. I'm going to ask for my 4th disk too. I'm not in the mood to accept my 3 wheeler....
3wheeler.gif

Enjoy :thumbs:

Oh wow so this is actually glossy

I have the one with the kimchi lenti which is a decent matte steel in hand, I’ll get this and swap them after comparing both in hand and then sell the other

Downer about the bonus disc though

Its a steelbook Not a car lol that contains primarily what is advertised ‘The Movie’.

Some of you guys on here really are over dramatic. You are getting 2D (with bonus features) 3D and 4K for £25, and just because of a text mess up with hmv and the distributor on-their site you grab your pitchforks. If this is your biggest worry this week then you must have a perfect life.

i would much prefer $3-5 back over getting the actual disk anytime something like this happens. Just my opninion

Its a steelbook Not a car lol that contains primarily what is advertised ‘The Movie’.

Some of you guys on here really are over dramatic. You are getting 2D (with bonus features) 3D and 4K for £25, and just because of a text mess up with hmv and the distributor on-their site you grab your pitchforks. If this is your biggest worry this week then you must have a perfect life.

A sensible couple of posts from you sir.

I received a £5 refund as a gesture of goodwill instead...
You two were lucky, Paul much more so admittedly. I got told there was nothing they could do and didn’t even get offered a refund. I would have loved the bonus disc for that.

Less disappointed by the missing disc for this, but would still have liked it!

Some of you guys on here really are over dramatic. You are getting 2D (with bonus features) 3D and 4K for £25 said:
Not really. They advertised one thing. IIRC people even contacted them to confirm that the package was indeed 4 discs and HMV confirmed this. It's a cock up on their part and they can't charge you for a full package which has had something removed from it with no prior notice. Whether you perceive the disc as not worth arguing or not is irrelevant. And whilst the car argument made above is extreme it's the same principle.

And the listing still advertises the 4 discs.

The Bonus Disc does exist it's in the FNAC WWA steelbook and Italy Steelbook I have seen the disc in unboxing videos

Any release can have it's contents changed to what was advertised by a retailer before release date but when that happens it's the responsibility of the retailer to update the product description before payment is taken and before orders have been dispatched and inform customers of the change of advertised contents.

Sale of goods acts goods must be as described when you have paid for goods and received delivery

HMV should arrange supply of the bonus disc from Sony for customers who had payment taken and orders dispatched as they did not contact customers about change of product contents.

I expect HMV will update the website at some stage in next few days and remove mention of the bonus disc but that will only apply to orders done after the change.

I will be contacting HMV when I get delivery of my order I have taken screenshots of the website description in regards to the bonus disc as I expect by the time I have in hand it will be changed on the website.

The more customers who contact HMV there will better chance of customers receiving the missing bonus disc
The Sale of Goods Act was replaced in September 2015 by the Consumer Rights Act. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Annoying as it may be, the only right you have, at this stage, is to return/reject the product within 30 days.

This is highly likely to be considered as innocent misrepresentation, therefore it would be considered they simply have an obligation to refund you the price paid (plus any incurred charge such as postage). https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967

The request for goodwill is not a legal basis, merely for your custom to be retained by the retailer in future transactions.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bealay and BMox81
The Sale of Goods Act was replaced in September 2015 by the Consumer Rights Act. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Annoying as it may be, the only right you have, at this stage, is to return/reject the product within 30 days.

This is highly likely to be considered as innocent misrepresentation, therefore it would be considered they simply have an obligation to refund you the price paid (plus any incurred charge such as postage). https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967

The request for goodwill is not a legal basis, merely for your custom to be retained by the retailer in future transactions.

Consumer Rights Act 2015
Goods to be as described
(1)Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a term that the goods will match the description.

2)If the supply is by sample as well as by description, it is not sufficient that the bulk of the goods matches the sample if the goods do not also match the description.

(3)A supply of goods is not prevented from being a supply by description just because—

(a)the goods are exposed for supply, and

(b)they are selected by the consumer

4)Any information that is provided by the trader about the goods and is information mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1 or 2 to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/3134) (main characteristics of goods) is to be treated as included as a term of the contract.

(5)A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.

(6)See section 2(5) and (6) for the application of subsections (4) and (5) where goods are sold at public auction.

(7)See section 19 for a consumer’s rights if the trader is in breach of a term that this section requires to be treated as included in a contract.

@Starling
With Zavvi I claimed under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
That is how I was given the bonus disc content of Planet Earth
They provided me with the DVD special edition as that included the missing bonus disc content

HMV have updated the description to remove mention of the Bonus Disc this only applies to orders done after this change of description not previous orders as HMV did not contact customers about the change advertised contents

HMV was meant to contact customers about the change and provide the option of cancelling their order or accept the change of contents provided
HMV did not do this

Reactions: bealay
Consumer Rights Act 2015
Goods to be as described
(1)Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a term that the goods will match the description.

2)If the supply is by sample as well as by description, it is not sufficient that the bulk of the goods matches the sample if the goods do not also match the description.

(3)A supply of goods is not prevented from being a supply by description just because—

(a)the goods are exposed for supply, and

(b)they are selected by the consumer

4)Any information that is provided by the trader about the goods and is information mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1 or 2 to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/3134) (main characteristics of goods) is to be treated as included as a term of the contract.

(5)A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.

(6)See section 2(5) and (6) for the application of subsections (4) and (5) where goods are sold at public auction.

(7)See section 19 for a consumer’s rights if the trader is in breach of a term that this section requires to be treated as included in a contract.

@Starling
With Zavvi I claimed under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
That is how I was given the bonus disc content of Planet Earth
They provided me with the DVD special edition as that included the missing bonus disc content

HMV have updated the description to remove mention of the Bonus Disc this only applies to orders done after this change of description not previous orders as HMV did not contact customers about the change advertised contents

HMV was meant to contact customer about the change and provide the option of cancelling their order or accept the change of contents provided
HMV did not do this

In which case you are praising Zavvi for going beyond their legal position.

I can assure you that if you were to pursue any action, the retailer in this circumstance, is highly likely to be deemed as innocently misrepresenting the product.

I honestly wish everyone receives exactly what they ask for.

But anyway, we're now boring the entire forum.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
In which case you are praising Zavvi for going beyond their legal position.

I can assure you that if you were to pursue any action, the retailer in this circumstance, is highly likely to be deemed as innocently misrepresenting the product.

I honestly wish everyone receives exactly what they ask for.

But anyway, we're now boring the entire forum.

I'm glad you said it :D ;)