Star Wars Episode I - VI (Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

blu78

Premium Supporter
Jun 21, 2013
USA
Here's a main thread for the upcoming Star Wars Wave being released in the USA.

Purchase all here at Best Buy
Purchase all here at Amazon
Purchase all here at Walmart

Thought we could use this just so everyone has a place to navigate towards any of the titles easily, without having to search through the forum.

set.jpg
Release date: November 10, 2015
Price: $24.99 each (MSRP)
*Prices vary depending on retailer; those individual prices are listed below.*

Finish / Title Treatments (per Wreck):

All gloss. Debossed title treatment.

According to ..... The Force! Or HDN

Big thanks to @snooloui for the OP's and respective links & images!

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Thread link
Purchase link (Best Buy) $19.99
Purchase link (Amazon) $24.99
Purchase link (Walmart) $16.96
1-jpeg.179860

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Thread link
2-jpeg.179859

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Thread link
3-jpeg.179861

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Thread link
4-jpeg.179858

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Thread link
5-jpeg.179857

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Thread link
6-jpeg.179856

Last edited:
16.97 at Walmart.com

I want to order these as I have a 20% off coupon to use from an order they screwed up a few months back, but I've never ordered with my debit before my paypal I'm reserving the funds on there for a big preorder I have. Does anyone know off hand how long the authorization is? And do they do like Target.com, & Authorize every other week or is it once then not till its shipped.

Has anyone submitted the price to Amazon?

I also imagine these will be in store? I'm preordering on Amazon in case they drop the price. But they have been really dropping the ball on auto adjusting the price for me on preorders. I'd rather get them in person. But who knows how much they will be on release. I'd hope that low.

Does Walmart charge your card right away?

OP updated with prices.

I think it's great these will be widely available. On one hand it's nice that people of each region will be able to easily secure a copy of these, however, from a collector's stand-point, I think the mass distribution takes part of the fun out of it :naughty:.

I got all on preorder at amazon for 163 but if bestbuy does price match and its cheaper at Walmart then ill get mine at BestBuy. But wanna know are theses the un altered versions of the old ones?

Come on people. If there was a new HD restoration of the unaltered original trilogy being done we would have heard about it by now. This is the same HD transfer Blu Ray versions of the special edition films that are already available.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Come on people. If there was a new HD restoration of the unaltered original trilogy being done we would have heard about it by now. This is the same HD transfer Blu Ray versions of the special edition films that are already available.
I can't remember where, but I think i read Disney was planning on releasing the original unaltered trilogy on Blu-Ray.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/1...naltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

That being said, that will not be these releases.

I can't remember where, but I think i read Disney was planning on releasing the original unaltered trilogy on Blu-Ray.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/1...naltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

That being said, that will not be these releases.

I'm pretty sure Disney can't even release any form the 77 Star Wars A New Hope because Fox still owns the distribution rights on that flick and will likely never let go of their hold on it. It would be a wise business move for Fox to do it though now that Lucas is out of the picture.

So if bestbuy does price match and Walmarts is cheaper does that mean I can get these at bestbuy for the Walmart price?

Yes
For me, it'll be an easy pass unless it has special features, but since I'd like the original unaltered version, this is going to be an easy pass. I prefer exclusives and WEA since I'm now trying to control my growing collection.

I'm pretty sure Disney can't even release any form the 77 Star Wars A New Hope because Fox still owns the distribution rights on that flick and will likely never let go of their hold on it. It would be a wise business move for Fox to do it though now that Lucas is out of the picture.

It'll be interesting if Fox decides to put on an awesome Star Wars: A New Hope special package with unaltered stuff (remastered HD) and bonus features. Though I don't think that will happen.

From what I understand, the original version's master copy (so to speak) is in really bad shape and its damn near impossible to salvage it. That's what I read a while back from a couple of sources when they brought up the possibility of releasing the theatrical versions.

Reactions: schrute farms