Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrSquifler
Hm, I'd kinda prefer a refund or partial refund, I'm not too fussed about the damage, what am I supposed to do with an empty steelbook?

Actually, come to think of it I could use the empty for a magnet steelbook and try and get a magnet made up for Better Call Saul season 3.
Same tbh... would've been satisfied with the 30%-50% refund that some folks apparently received. Not that I'm complaining though... a free steel is a free steel. :D

Would we have to contact them for the replacement though?
The email says
The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

All customers ordered the steelbook will be getting a empty replacement steelbook case it will not include the discs

By the time that this has been replaced in October then we would possibly also have received five more Star Wars Steelbook releases.

part of me is thinking about cancelling the rest of my orders as I haven’t been too impressed so far with the quality of these Steelbooks and in total you are looking at around £330

R4FFO

10 minutes ago
By the time that this has been replaced in October then we would possibly also have received five more Star Wars Steelbook releases.

part of me is thinking about cancelling the rest of my orders as I haven’t been too impressed so far with the quality of these Steelbooks and in total you are looking at around £330

If they replace that steel in October I'm happy and to be honest I thought they turned out way better than I was expecting. Honestly can't complain about them. I've found a lot of the recent steels I got from Zavvi the best I've seen in a long time As long as they keep those
dire pop art covers away from the 4k format I'm happy. The 1st 3 Star Wars films are all I'm interested in.

Just rechecked mine for the 3rd or 4th time and there is the tiniest of hairline scratches you can see if held to a light at a certain angle but wouldn’t see it without scanning specifically for it.

I’ll happily take a couple of freebies though!!

A french site suggest to do a petition to change the front artwork, to have the one everyone wants. What do you think of this idea !?

A french site suggest to do a petition to change the front artwork, to have the one everyone wants. What do you think of this idea !?

If they’ve just sorted this out with scanavo and deliveries to us will be around October which is a month away then I’m pretty confident it’s far too late to get art changed.
Petition or not

Reactions: MrSquifler
I assume they’re not doing it immediately because they’re still finishing up producing all the rest of the Star Wars SteelBooks, so there’s certainly a slim chance.

I assume they’re not doing it immediately because they’re still finishing up producing all the rest of the Star Wars SteelBooks, so there’s certainly a slim chance.

no release dates for solo or rogue one yet so they could easily slide those along a few weeks. Or even the last 2 or 3 of the Saga pushed back a few weeks. I can see them working on this ASAP to get it done and out the way

no release dates for solo or rogue one yet so they could easily slide those along a few weeks. Or even the last 2 or 3 of the Saga pushed back a few weeks. I can see them working on this ASAP to get it done and out the way

Still, they state in the email that the replacements have yet to be manufactured and they don’t expect to have stock until “sometime in October.” Could be the end of October for all we know, possibly two months out. Manufacturing takes what, a week or two?

Reactions: Flloydo
Sooo... we can now put the pieces together and guess that Best Buy is getting these for a Black Friday/Christmas release, and Zavvi arranged for a replacement run of ESB while they're being produced again for the US?

Just a guess, but the details seem right. From a certain point of view. :)

I don’t believe BestBuy is getting these. They already got the exclusive on the book boxset, which wasn’t exclusive in the UK. Zavvi got exclusive on the SteelBooks.

Also, with how poorly BestBuy handles SteelBooks compared to Zavvi, releasing 11 at the same time and expecting it to not be a horrific logistical nightmare having to replace a ton of damaged SteelBooks, I just wouldn’t even bother if I were BestBuy.

Last edited: