Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, they state in the email that the replacements have yet to be manufactured and they don’t expect to have stock until “sometime in October.” Could be the end of October for all we know, possibly two months out. Manufacturing takes what, a week or two?

True, however I would of thought they are expecting them maybe sooner than the email states so that if there any issues in delays that it won’t take it much further past their proposed date. I assume they have added on some more time because of Covid so it could possibly sooner. Go ahead with the petition by all means, but it won’t go anywhere

True, however I would of thought they are expecting them maybe sooner than the email states so that if there any issues in delays that it won’t take it much further past their proposed date. I assume they have added on some more time because of Covid so it could possibly sooner. Go ahead with the petition by all means, but it won’t go anywhere

It pretty much most definitely isn’t going to be changed and I’m fine if it doesn’t and will gladly accept an undamaged SteelBook with the same art. But a chance is a chance so why not try.

Looks likely that the empty case will be without its O-ring and not shrinkwrapped unlike JACK REACHER when complete units were sent out?

Last edited:
I don’t believe BestBuy is getting these. They already got the exclusive on the book boxset, which wasn’t exclusive in the UK. Zavvi got exclusive on the SteelBooks.

Also, with how poorly BestBuy handles SteelBooks compared to Zavvi, releasing 11 at the same time and expecting it to not be a horrific logistical nightmare having to replace a ton of damaged SteelBooks, I just wouldn’t even bother if I were BestBuy.
The 4K boxset was exclusive to Amazon in the UK. It was the standard blu-ray boxset that wasn't exclusive.

And what about the ones who haven’t received theirs yet? Me included lol

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

So yeah I’d guess you will also get a replacement

Yeah, I was wondering if these will be sealed with the j-card but I imagine they won't be....?

I wonder if Zavvi would send me Solo for free instead of this replacement? :p

highly doubt these will be sealed and include another J card

Funny thing is, all you sealed collectors probably have 40% of your collection with imperfections, Scratches, marks, hairline scratches, chips, small dents etc etc which you’ll never properly see so this release probably don’t matter anyway, you can barely see the marks when it’s sealed. So if any of you sealed collector weirdos ( :coffee: :LOL:) did complain and you got a partial refund then touché from you to Zavvi. Plus you get your first ever open steelbook. Like losing your virginity

imagine if there is a sealed collector who’s never seen a open unsealed steelbook before and the unsealed replacement puts them off SteelBooks forever :wacky::rofl:

Funny thing is, all you sealed collectors probably have 40% of your collection with imperfections, Scratches, marks, hairline scratches, chips, small dents etc etc which you’ll never properly see so this release probably don’t matter anyway, you can barely see the marks when it’s sealed. So if any of you sealed collector weirdos ( :coffee: :LOL:) did complain and you got a partial refund then touché from you to Zavvi. Plus you get your first ever open steelbook. Like losing your virginity

imagine if there is a sealed collector who’s never seen a open unsealed steelbook before and the unsealed replacement puts them off SteelBooks forever :wacky::rofl:
Past a certain point, it's probably best to keep them sealed. I recently bought a sealed steelbook from several years ago off ebay, and when I (of course!) opened it up, I found that the J-card (folded around the back so the blu-ray banner goes over the top) had discolored the steel itself—just a faint but noticeable difference in color where that top banner had covered.

Past a certain point, it's probably best to keep them sealed. I recently bought a sealed steelbook from several years ago off ebay, and when I (of course!) opened it up, I found that the J-card (folded around the back so the blu-ray banner goes over the top) had discolored the steel itself—just a faint but noticeable difference in color where that top banner had covered.

mental..... that you opened a steelbook up 7 years after buying it and that it had changed colour!

I just open everything and don’t leave them laying around in the sun!

Happened to me with WeET's Infinity War. The replacements were shipped unsealed but inside one of those cellophane foldover things. I made the mistake of putting the replacement steelbook in the slip without the cellophane and instantly scratched the **** out of it way worse than the original.

mental..... that you opened a steelbook up 7 years after buying it and that it had changed colour!

I just open everything and don’t leave them laying around in the sun!
Something was lost in translation...? I meant that I bought a steel that was several years old and still sealed...and I opened it as soon as I bought it. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Happened to me with WeET's Infinity War. The replacements were shipped unsealed but inside one of those cellophane foldover things. I made the mistake of putting the replacement steelbook in the slip without the cellophane and instantly scratched the **** out of it way worse than the original.

this is precisely why I keep the steelbooks separate to the slips. All slips

But I’m a weirdo for doing that, right @Mickle_89 .....

I’m just proactively preventing damage

4DBCECE3-15EB-4DB4-8EBE-7DD7E176ED31.gif

That's too funny, I'm sorry it happened. But that's hilarious :LOL::rofl::hilarious:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian and Flloydo

Same scenario as Empire really. Both original steelbooks have scratches that you have to hold the steelbooks a certain way in the light to see them.

Silly, but I would actually prefer that replacements aren't made for Empire. Just leave it the way it is.
I only opened the Infinity War slip because everybody mentioned the scratches. HAHA fool me once.. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo