Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way I can explain it... is it's like cheering for a sports team. I want my team (movie I like) to win. That help?
Rooting for Star Wars is like rooting for he 1996 Chicago Bulls made up of nothing but Michael Jordan Clones.
It's Star Wars. It's Disney. It's already a frontrunner. Not exactly an underdog. Even when Star Wars loses it wins. Most people don't remember that Phantom Menace was the biggest Box Office winner of 1999. And that was crap.
I for one consider Disney an evil empire- so I do no rooting for Disney. (The one piece of good news this week was Steven Spielberg leaving his ties to Disney for Universal. Disney owns everything- but Spielberg).

JUST got back from seeing it! It's Finally safe to enter this thread again!!! yay!!!
I still need some time to process... But i absolutely loved it! Thank you JJ for finally making another good Star Wars film!!!

SO HAPPY.

BTW. Anyone else see this in IMAX? Loved seeing the screen dimension expand with that one scene. Made it feel so big!
There is a real IMAX 70mm Theater within 100 miles from me in Indianapoils, Indiana at the IMAX Indiana State Museum that is showing it in 70mm (2D) featuring dual projection. Abrams only shot the one scene with a true 70mm IMAX camera (the escape scene) but people are saying there is a huge difference seeing it on the eight story screen with the state of the art sound system they have in Indy. I think I'll have to check it out.

ZZ68ECE699-550x256.jpg

_1438698900.jpg

Same Image as Above in 70mm format

_1438698908.jpg

star-wars-force-awakens-imax-pic.jpg

In July of 2014, the official Twitter account for Bad Robot, J.J. Abrams’ production company tweeted a shot of an IMAX camera preparing to film a scene in 70mm for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This was part of a planned showstopper chase sequence where Rey, Finn, and BB-8 find themselves at the controls of the Millennium Falcon as they evade a group of TIE fighters. The hashtag accompanying the tweet noted IMAX was the #bestformatever. But, if you want to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and that special IMAX sequence, in the “best format ever,” you may be out of luck. Only 18 theaters in the United States and Canada are actually projecting The Force Awakens in 70mm IMAX, less than 1% of the total theater count.
Right now, if you live in New York City and want to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 70mm IMAX, you’d have to drive two hours to Philadelphia. If you live in Chicago, you’d have to drive three hours to Indianapolis. If you live in Austin, you’d have to drive 10 hours to Branson, Missouri.
Currently only 11 states in the U.S. (not including Washington, D.C.) and one Canadian province are slated to show Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 70mm IMAX, most with only one theater per state. To give that number context, consider this: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar opened in 70mm IMAX just one year ago in almost four times as many theaters.
Earlier this year The Hollywood Reporter claimed The Force Awakens was expected to open on 375 to 400 IMAX screens. An impressive number, but those ~400 theaters are Digital IMAX theaters. Because actual 70mm projectors and screens are costly to install, many theaters simply retrofitted existing theaters with a digital IMAX projector, which means you’re paying for IMAX, but watching a film on a smaller screen with a lower resolution (aka, “LieMAX”). This can be confusing (perhaps even deliberately so), but this Star Wars frame comparison gives you an idea what you see on Digital IMAX standard widescreen versus the 70mm IMAX format:

star-wars-force-awakens-imax-comparison-pic.jpg

My goodness!!! I didn't know that this was such a huuuuuge thing!!! IMAX 70mm looks to be THE WAY to Watch a movie... too bad it's impossible for me to get there... :(

Trevor Ewen, chief projectionist at the Kramer Imax Theatre, poses with a film reel — which will be similar to the new Star Wars movie —which is approximately 56,000 feet long, weighs 800 pounds, contains almost 250,000 individual frames and is worth around $50,000. The Kramer Imax theatre in Canada that will be showing Star Wars: The Force Awakens on film rather than digital.
11497844.jpg

Why do people hope the movie will break box office records? Do you own Disney stock? What is in it for you if it does?(n)

Rooting for Star Wars is like rooting for he 1996 Chicago Bulls made up of nothing but Michael Jordan Clones.
It's Star Wars. It's Disney. It's already a frontrunner. Not exactly an underdog. Even when Star Wars loses it wins. Most people don't remember that Phantom Menace was the biggest Box Office winner of 1999. And that was crap.
I for one consider Disney an evil empire- so I do no rooting for Disney. (The one piece of good news this week was Steven Spielberg leaving his ties to Disney for Universal. Disney owns everything- but Spielberg).

Interestingly enough Disney wont be profiting much on the movie. I read a very interesting article on how its still Fox until 2017. And that Disney would make like anywhere from 7-24% at best as part of the deal. However it was still glorifying how Disney does licensing, branding and merch better then any other and thus the billions it bought the franchise for from Lucas Arts will still make it profitable most likely by 2020. So they may have some years to wait, but it'll happen. They'll make MAJOR bank tho off the films from 17' onward. And I'd suspect the merch now prior to 17' as I think that was just the for the films with Fox.

That's why I always buy my ticket 1 month in advance with RESERVED SEAT!!! Best way to enjoy going to the theaters!

In Houston, Texas when I visited my Dad did this ... so bad ass that you can reserve the seats online and people actually adhere to it. My theater doesnt do that so while its a great theater and experience in like the 2nd grossing IMAX theater in the nation and a few times #1 it unfortunately means waiting in a hall way for hours before to get a decent seat. 2 hours before did good.

Oh and I hope it smashes records too. :) Any fan of the movies who didnt enjoy #1,2, and 3 essentially just waited like 30 years to have that theater magic again ... or first viewing magic (since i wasn't around for epsidode 4,5,6 theatrical) so it was an awesome job and hopefully a point where my daughter and I can look back to "that time we went and saw The Force Awakens" in theaters. As there is about to be a ****-TON of more Star Wars films headed our ways over the years .... and it's always hard to keep "besting" the last.

JJ Abrams is THE MAN ... for him to do this and what he did for Star Trek dude deserves an Oscar. haha.