Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well just got back and absolutely loved it, in the foyer when got there they had a charity with dressed up vader and stormtroopers. Talk about a proper exciting atmosphere.

the film i found so very immersive unlike alot of new films
jj did a stonking job and there where a nice few twists in it all, cannot wait to get my hands on the steel now
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

basil :thumbs:

Interestingly enough Disney wont be profiting much on the movie. I read a very interesting article on how its still Fox until 2017. And that Disney would make like anywhere from 7-24% at best as part of the deal. However it was still glorifying how Disney does licensing, branding and merch better then any other and thus the billions it bought the franchise for from Lucas Arts will still make it profitable most likely by 2020. So they may have some years to wait, but it'll happen. They'll make MAJOR bank tho off the films from 17' onward. And I'd suspect the merch now prior to 17' as I think that was just the for the films with Fox.

In Houston, Texas when I visited my Dad did this ... so bad ass that you can reserve the seats online and people actually adhere to it. My theater doesnt do that so while its a great theater and experience in like the 2nd grossing IMAX theater in the nation and a few times #1 it unfortunately means waiting in a hall way for hours before to get a decent seat. 2 hours before did good.
Interestingly- 20th Century Fox owns the rights to A New Hope in perpetuity....which means they will basically own that until the end of time! (They will never give that up!).

Oh and I hope it smashes records too. :) Any fan of the movies who didnt enjoy #1,2, and 3 essentially just waited like 30 years to have that theater magic again ... or first viewing magic (since i wasn't around for epsidode 4,5,6 theatrical) so it was an awesome job and hopefully a point where my daughter and I can look back to "that time we went and saw The Force Awakens" in theaters. As there is about to be a ****-TON of more Star Wars films headed our ways over the years .... and it's always hard to keep "besting" the last.

JJ Abrams is THE MAN ... for him to do this and what he did for Star Trek dude deserves an Oscar. haha.
The only time I would actually root for a film to make bank and break B.O. records, is when a film is dependent on that success to continue a series of films. (Like rooting for DREDD, so there might be more chapters of that story).
Star Wars, however, is such a force (sorry) in the zeitgeist, that the next 3 could make $5 milllion apiece, and there would still be more Star Wars coming. So, Star Wars really doesn't need anybody to root for it. It has a built in success even if they make bad films. (The prequels make a sh*t ton of money despite being awful).
And I think the plan to have a SW film every year, will make it less special, as an annual SW film will start to feel routine. (More like a tv show.)
But I agree that JJ deserves kudos for Trek and Wars being reinvigorated.

Reactions: Marina Blue
There has never been a bad Star Wars film and this is most definitely not just a great Star Wars film but an bloody epic film.

I can't comment on the current film as i haven't seen it. Will wait until all the hype has died down but for me personally Star Wars and The Empires Strikes Back were superb films, Return of the Jedi OK but those 3 prequels were dire. If they hadn't have had the Star Wars tag they were would have been treated with the contempt they deserved. They failed on every level from scripts to acting......... I've never forgotten the utter hatred I had for Lucas when I walked out of the theatre after The Phantom Menace.... He redefined "taking the piss" in my book.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The only time I would actually root for a film to make bank and break B.O. records, is when a film is dependent on that success to continue a series of films. (Like rooting for DREDD, so there might be more chapters of that story).
Star Wars, however, is such a force (sorry) in the zeitgeist, that the next 3 could make $5 milllion apiece, and there would still be more Star Wars coming. So, Star Wars really doesn't need anybody to root for it. It has a built in success even if they make bad films. (The prequels make a sh*t ton of money despite being awful).
And I think the plan to have a SW film every year, will make it less special, as an annual SW film will start to feel routine. (More like a tv show.)
But I agree that JJ deserves kudos for Trek and Wars being reinvigorated.

Well I love to see box office records broken no matter the movie. I just find it kinda cool. Like the fact that we've had quite a few movies in the last few years break that 1 billion mark. And while I like Avatar , I got no probs seeing anything take the crown from that and Titanic. But inflation is a bi-otch when trying to match up to the sheer numbers Titanic did when comparing ticket sale prices.

As for the every year thing .... I dont mind it, maybe there might be some story arcs or sub-franchises that break off that I might not be interested in. Who knows. But I dont mind it with the Marvel universe and generally like all that has been offered. Some more than others. So 1 every 2 years and then 1 other (like Rogue One) in between is fine by me. Makes up for the long drought. haha.

Well I love to see box office records broken no matter the movie. I just find it kinda cool. Like the fact that we've had quite a few movies in the last few years break that 1 billion mark. And while I like Avatar , I got no probs seeing anything take the crown from that and Titanic. But inflation is a bi-otch when trying to match up to the sheer numbers Titanic did when comparing ticket sale prices.

As for the every year thing .... I dont mind it, maybe there might be some story arcs or sub-franchises that break off that I might not be interested in. Who knows. But I dont mind it with the Marvel universe and generally like all that has been offered. Some more than others. So 1 every 2 years and then 1 other (like Rogue One) in between is fine by me. Makes up for the long drought. haha.
Yeah, who knows how they adjust those numbers anyway (even beyond adjusting for inflation). You have a movie that has a "huge opening weekend", but They count the early Wednesday opening going to Sunday, against another film that opened on a Midnight showing on a Thursday to Sunday. (Huh?)
Then you have those bizzare stat-brags like "The biggest ever opening for a drama film in the second week of November not in a leap year".:rofl:
I think in adjusted dollars 'budget-to-box-office' The Blair Witch Project is still the biggest movie of all time!

I for one consider Disney an evil empire- so I do no rooting for Disney.

Except buy all their steelbooks!!!! :LOL: :rofl:

Anyway, it looks like it's going to break all records. First movie to clear $100m on its 'opening day' (although the Thursdays takings go towards that figure)