Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't look right at all. Where's Return Of The King?

These are when you adjust the difference in prices over the years, changes in inflation, ticket sales at the cinema etc. remember the value of money has nosedived over the decades.

Believe it or not Gone with the Wind is still the most successful film in history.
That is 'adjusted for inflation box office numbers'. (And they are probably correct). When I mentioned Blair Witch, I said 'Budget-to-Box-Office'. There is no movie that has ever had a bigger return on initial investment.

Except buy all their steelbooks!!!! :LOL: :rofl:

Anyway, it looks like it's going to break all records. First movie to clear $100m on its 'opening day' (although the Thursdays takings go towards that figure)
I buy very few Disney steelbooks. I buy some Marvel (and usually by proxy: Nova & Blufans) and Some early Pixar. The rest are children's animated movies (IMO) I have no interest in.

Oh and I hope it smashes records too. :) Any fan of the movies who didnt enjoy #1,2, and 3 essentially just waited like 30 years to have that theater magic again ... or first viewing magic (since i wasn't around for epsidode 4,5,6 theatrical) so it was an awesome job and hopefully a point where my daughter and I can look back to "that time we went and saw The Force Awakens" in theaters. As there is about to be a ****-TON of more Star Wars films headed our ways over the years .... and it's always hard to keep "besting" the last.

JJ Abrams is THE MAN ... for him to do this and what he did for Star Trek dude deserves an Oscar. haha.
I was only casually interested in seeing this until I heard the HUGE positive buzz on it from several friends. I love the first three films and never thought that magic and brilliance would ever be possible to come close to. But now, I'll have to drive 100 miles up the road and see it on one of the 18 huge IMAX 6 story screens in the country, in 70mm film, dual projection... when things die down. They just added 4am and 7am screenings due to huge demand!!!! I'm really looking forward to this!!!! :woot:

Last edited:
Ha ha ha forget Where's Wally, it's now where's Alyssa :LOL::rofl:
LOL! :D :p
@bloodsnake off to see it this afternoon in about 8 hrs had my tickets booked for 2 months now

and sort of feeling like below

basil :cigar:

@Basil HELL YEAH! :woot: I know that exact feeling!
excited.gif
That was me leaving the theater! :hilarious: Hope you enjoyed it buddy! ;)
That's why I always buy my ticket 1 month in advance with RESERVED SEAT!!! Best way to enjoy going to the theaters!
@Drum18 Reserved Seats? :OMG: That's awesome! :thumbs: Wish we had more of that here, there is one theater not too far from me where you can select your seating, order Pizza/Wings and a beer! :hungry: I love it there but it gets expensive! :squint: That's where I wanted to see Episode 7 but ALL showings were sold out! :banghead:
Boy was i lucky when i saw this on Wednesday. No queues, first in line, great experience and was one of the first people in the world to see it. :D

Hope you come right brother @bloodsnake007
I've been meaning to share my thoughts... Haven't had a chance since we had family over yesterday! :mad: Damn these holidays! :squint: LOL!

20151218_220417.jpg 20151219_011930.jpg

I abso-fu**ing-lutely love this film! One of my most favorite and memorable movie going experiences (along with The Raid 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Godzilla 2014)! :woot: I'm glad it's breaking box office records because SW is back baby! :cool: :drool: NOW bring on the bluray and Episode 8! :notworthy: Just thinking about it and typing this message is giving me chills!

@DADDYCOOL187 We did film a video review in the car the night we left the theater (at 1:15am). But it got fu**ing corrupted after I uploaded the video in the stupid computer, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around on how it happened :mad: :banghead: Believe me, Alyssa is still pissed off because many of her files got corrupted as well :sorry: But I was so damn excited and splurred so many 'F-Bombs' when I made it! :D LOL! :p

The Force Awakens brought back all those feelings of joy and excitement I had for Star Wars as a kid when I 1st experienced the originals! And I love the new characters, especially Rey :drool: (definitely my favorite, can't wait to see more of her journey!) and BB-8 (so damn cute)! :woot:

But I was I disappointed with 2 things :sorry: - I wish they showed more of Captain Phasma! Some much potential for an AWESOME and badass character! Fingers crossed to see her alive in Episode 8.

And I was hoping to see the two characters from The Raid kick some major ass in a Galaxy far, far away.. but they were terribly underused :(.. Oh well! Still an EPIC film! :cool:

And I ordered this last week, glad it arrived yesterday! :woot:
DSC09767.JPG DSC09769.JPG DSC09771.JPG
Starting today I'm gonna start watching ALL 6 films and go back Friday night to see Episode 7 again! :drool:

popcorn2.gif

Last edited:
BKZtssH.jpg

In a press release, Walt Disney Studios announced that The Force Awakens has shattered several domestic all-time box office marks. The most notable is grossing $238 million in its opening weekend, but that is only the beginning:
  • Biggest Thursday preview ($57 million)
  • Biggest Friday and single day gross ($120.5 million)
  • First movie to make $100+ million in one day
  • Fastest to $100 million and $200 million
  • New December opening weekend record (previous was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey at a lowly $84.6 million)
  • Biggest IMAX Thursday night preview ($5.7 million), single day ($14 million on Friday), and weekend ($30.1 million)
  • Highest per theater average for wide release ($57,568)

I agree, yeah it was strange that Captain Phasma who has been built up so much as a character, lots of merchandise, Gwendiline has been on so many talk shows, etc before the film came out. But the character was in the the film for such little screen time and seem a bit awkward.

I agree, yeah it was strange that Captain Phasma who has been built up so much as a character, lots of merchandise, Gwendiline has been on so many talk shows, etc before the film came out. But the character was in the the film for such little screen time and seem a bit awkward.
I'm hoping they bring her back for Episode 8! :woot: :hungry: :drool:

well im back off to see again went with missus on saturday and said i might go back and see it again she said no is waste of money and she is back at work again today.
anyway is peeing down outside and just goto see again just booked myself a ticket again, i can't help it the force is strong with this one and the cinema is fairly quiet according to seating plan.
suppose ill just have to keep quiet :D dont really drink dont gamble dont smoke im aloud one vice aren't i?
whats you thoughts
@Flash @Scary Hair @harry

basil :thumbs:

well im back off to see again went with missus on saturday and said i might go back and see it again she said no is waste of money and she is back at work again today.
anyway is peeing down outside and just goto see again just booked myself a ticket again, i can't help it the force is strong with this one and the cinema is fairly quiet according to seating plan.
suppose ill just have to keep quiet :D dont really drink dont gamble dont smoke im aloud one vice aren't i?
whats you thoughts
@Flash @Scary Hair @harry

basil :thumbs:

Enjoy matey :thumbs:

I'm hoping they bring her back for Episode 8! :woot: :hungry: :drool:

I do hope so

Planning to see it again on Christmas Eve, hopefully there wont be any "Interesting" characters like at my Midnight showing. One guy was complaining he couldn't get a seat (despite there still being loads at the front and dashed around the back area) so he moaned at the Manager. And another guy just love being the centre of attention, I think he was either drunk...or high...or both lol

Also got a third viewing planned for sometime in early Jan 2016 and maybe a forth viewing :rofl:

Hoping the soundtrack gets a UK Vinyl release (I have seen a listing on Amazon.com)

I am glad I saw it at midnight, as the spoilers around the internet are just getting worse and worse...

Planning to see it again on Christmas Eve, hopefully there wont be any "Interesting" characters like at my Midnight showing. One guy was complaining he couldn't get a seat (despite there still being loads at the front and dashed around the back area) so he moaned at the Manager. And another guy just love being the centre of attention, I think he was either drunk...or high...or both lol

Also got a third viewing planned for sometime in early Jan 2016 and maybe a forth viewing :rofl:

Hoping the soundtrack gets a UK Vinyl release (I have seen a listing on Amazon.com)

I am glad I saw it at midnight, as the spoilers around the internet are just getting worse and worse...
@Tacozilla LOL! :joy: Are you sure YOU weren't the one that was drunk! Probably had a bit too much of Qui-Gon's GIN! :D
Star-Wars-Alcohol.png
:p

And I'll be seeing it again on Christmas Day (once I finish my marathon!) :woot:
@Basil have not seen the film. Going to see it this weekend
@harry Enjoy it buddy! :cool: It's fu**ing AWSOME! :drool: :notworthy: :thumbs:

Reactions: harry