Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of ricster:
stargate-ca-1.jpg

stargate-ca-2.jpg

Attachments

• 81-ThnD1j9L._AA500_.jpg
    81-ThnD1j9L._AA500_.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
This and Sin City would be the only ones I would want. I don't understand why shipping is $10 CDN. I mean really, why is it cheaper to import from the UK and Germany then it is from our neighbors up North.

I have wondered that for years.. its why I never buy anything from amazon.com.

On Topic: Nice artwork on this one, but I am not a big fan of this film/franchise.

This and Sin City would be the only ones I would want. I don't understand why shipping is $10 CDN. I mean really, why is it cheaper to import from the UK and Germany then it is from our neighbors up North.

because canada post is expensive, second to none.....maybe australia. country too big - population too small - expensive postage =[

because canada post is expensive, second to none.....maybe australia. country too big - population too small - expensive postage =[

That's understandable. Pretty much sucks for importing. I could only imagine what it is like up there. Is it about the same price for you guys as well?

That's understandable. Pretty much sucks for importing. I could only imagine what it is like up there. Is it about the same price for you guys as well?

We get free shipping with prime or orders over $25, but depending which province you have it shipped to taxes vary. For Ontario its 13% added to the order total.

I wonder if this will drop in price or sell out first? I already have it on blu ray.

Shipping is incredibly expensive for us. It's one of the reasons why I REALLY hate selling on eBay and Amazon. If I sell on eBay, I get bad reviews for charging too much on shipping when people simply don't understand that it's super expensive for us to ship via Canada Post. With Amazon, if I sell a Blu-ray or something, the top I can charge for shipping is $3.99 -- which is fine if I send it letter post, but then that doesn't include any tracking or insurance or anything kind. Generally, if I want my packages to be protected/tracked when I ship them out, I'm looking at a minimum of $16-$20 for something as small as a Blu-ray. It's that bad.

No gloss or zero finish = No sale
Will buy when the price drops to $9.99 as Allianz are the leaders in print run.

People should keep in mind that Alliance is owned by E1 now, so it's them who're releasing these SteelBooks (hence no bilingual writing and why some of these, like Sin City and the Kill Bills, are appearing in Canada as exclusives for a second time).

I am pretty sure that they will print boat load of these and list them on $9.99 fire sales but as always patience is virtue.

Agree buddy.

I would bet my house on the print run being huge for these. Plus it won't take long before amazon.ca drop the price to $9.99.....:naughty:

I would also bet that the entire wave has Zero finish !!! :naughty: :naughty:

Amazon.ca = Kings of Damaged steels....:hilarious: May as well throw your money out of the window when ordering steels from them...:ohno:

Last edited:
Agree buddy.

I would bet my house on the print run being huge for these. Plus it won't take long before amazon.ca drop the price to $9.99.....:naughty:

I would also bet that the entire wave has Zero finish !!! :naughty: :naughty:

Amazon.ca = Kings of Damaged steels....:hilarious: May as well throw your money out of the window when ordering steels from them...:ohno:
Does Amazon.ca ever drop prices that low for steelbooks? Haven't seen one priced that low before... Only for amarays.

Does Amazon.ca ever drop prices that low for steelbooks? Haven't seen one priced that low before... Only for amarays.

It does. I got Full Metal Jacket (Steelbook) for $9.99 (£6.48)...As well as a few other ninjas on here...:hilarious: last December.

Came damaged though, as did the replacement...

Last edited:
Amazon Canada is worse than China. At least China puts paper inside the box. Amazon Canada just throws them into a box and they can move from each side bashing each steel all the way to the door. Get about a 50% damage rate this way. When they go on sale they ship damaged product to begin with so you will get 100% damage. That has happened to me at least a half dozen times in the last 3 years.

Amazon Canada is worse than China. At least China puts paper inside the box. Amazon Canada just throws them into a box and they can move from each side bashing each steel all the way to the door. Get about a 50% damage rate this way. When they go on sale they ship damaged product to begin with so you will get 100% damage. That has happened to me at least a half dozen times in the last 3 years.

True. I don't even have 1 undamaged copy of any steel from amazon.ca

Standards are low so I will wait for a nice $$ decrease for this wave.

I like the artwork...My copy is pre-ordered! I hope I luck out and avoid the damaged steel. I ordered 5 of the comic art steelbooks from amazon.ca and they all arrived in good condition.