STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Its fabulous! I'm just being so lazy and it feels so good! :LOL: I think I'm going to grill out tonight.

Well that sucks, especially since they are charging even more than HT for some of their figs.

I'm never really done. I think I just don't want to commit anymore to a line or license. A lot of people say its less stressful if you can commit to one license or line, but I find it the complete opposite. There is just too much awesome stuff out there that pops up that I don't plan on, and often I find myself wanting it more than the stuff I do plan on, or stuff that I already have. I hate it even more when you are planning to stick to certain characters, and you're planning to pass on others, and then the characters you don't want end up getting made while the ones you do want don't. I also don't want to commit to putting funds away for a character that may never even get made while letting awesome stuff pass me by. I think if a character comes out that I can not pass on and I don't have funds for I'll just sell something less important.

I'm jealous! It sucks going to work in the summer! Plus I have a hard time sleeping with it being so hot and getting light out at like 5 a.m. Of course I have a week off in a few weeks.

I'm not sure which way of collecting is better...my way probably isn't good because I'll never get the characters I want and it will always feel incomplete.

I'm trying to buy another HT Leia right now, I was nice and sold mine to someone on the boards for cheap after she died and the price skyrocketed. Nobody is being that nice to me, everyone wants $300. I offered one guy $250 + shipping and he ended up putting it on eBay. It sold for $270 so after ebay fees he made less than my offer. In fact everything he put on eBay sold for way less than what he was asking on the boards plus he got hit with fees. Serves him right for being greedy.

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
I'm jealous! It sucks going to work in the summer! Plus I have a hard time sleeping with it being so hot and getting light out at like 5 a.m. Of course I have a week off in a few weeks.

I'm not sure which way of collecting is better...my way probably isn't good because I'll never get the characters I want and it will always feel incomplete.

I'm trying to buy another HT Leia right now, I was nice and sold mine to someone on the boards for cheap after she died and the price skyrocketed. Nobody is being that nice to me, everyone wants $300. I offered one guy $250 + shipping and he ended up putting it on eBay. It sold for $270 so after ebay fees he made less than my offer. In fact everything he put on eBay sold for way less than what he was asking on the boards plus he got hit with fees. Serves him right for being greedy.

I just keep the fan blowing on me all night long, and I wake up curled up in a frozen ball :LOL:. That will be good!

The best way to collect is just winning the lottery, that way you can buy everything. :p If I won the lottery I'd pay Gino like half a million bucks to make a room full of life size Star Wars characters for me. Then I'd hunt the propstore auctions until I could get a screen used Batsuit for myself, and I'd display it in an airtight display case.

Glad that greedy bastard got some karma. I knew people would try to make money off of her death, but sooner or later people will realize how much Princess Leia stuff is out there and the prices will relax.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
I just keep the fan blowing on me all night long, and I wake up curled up in a frozen ball :LOL:. That will be good!

The best way to collect is just winning the lottery, that way you can buy everything. :p If I won the lottery I'd pay Gino like half a million bucks to make a room full of life size Star Wars characters for me. Then I'd hunt the propstore auctions until I could get a screen used Batsuit for myself, and I'd display it in an airtight display case.

Glad that greedy bastard got some karma. I knew people would try to make money off of her death, but sooner or later people will realize how much Princess Leia stuff is out there and the prices will relax.

I usually go sleep downstairs when I get too hot. I grew up in a basement and spend most of my time in my downstairs so I like it to be cool and need it really cool to sleep!

Ha, I fantasize about winning the lottery an unhealthy amount. Do you even buy lottery tickets? I would totally buy (or build) a big house with a large, open downstairs so I could have a big home theater and I would probably buy most of the life sized Star Wars statues that Sideshow sells. If only. There is a prop store auction site? I need to know about this.

Yeah another guy sent me an offer at $300 as well. I explained to him the last 9 on eBay sold for an average of $271 (that's right I did the math) and that's why $250 is my best offer since that's more than he'd get on eBay after the fees. He didn't respond to me after that. Apparently everyone wants top eBay dollars on the boards these days. Yeesh.

So Spider-Man was decent. I don't like how they kind of rewrote his backstory, almost like he couldn't have become Spider-Man without Iron Man. Michael Keaton was the best part like you predicted. I already saw people on Facebook declaring it the best Marvel movie ever, ha ha. I totally don't get on the hype train after one viewing in the theater.

• Thanks
I usually go sleep downstairs when I get too hot. I grew up in a basement and spend most of my time in my downstairs so I like it to be cool and need it really cool to sleep!

Ha, I fantasize about winning the lottery an unhealthy amount. Do you even buy lottery tickets? I would totally buy (or build) a big house with a large, open downstairs so I could have a big home theater and I would probably buy most of the life sized Star Wars statues that Sideshow sells. If only. There is a prop store auction site? I need to know about this.

Yeah another guy sent me an offer at $300 as well. I explained to him the last 9 on eBay sold for an average of $271 (that's right I did the math) and that's why $250 is my best offer since that's more than he'd get on eBay after the fees. He didn't respond to me after that. Apparently everyone wants top eBay dollars on the boards these days. Yeesh.

So Spider-Man was decent. I don't like how they kind of rewrote his backstory, almost like he couldn't have become Spider-Man without Iron Man. Michael Keaton was the best part like you predicted. I already saw people on Facebook declaring it the best Marvel movie ever, ha ha. I totally don't get on the hype train after one viewing in the theater.

I can't sleep at all when its too hot. I usually have to run my air during all of July and August, and I need to put a fan on sometimes on top of that too when I try to sleep.

I always buy tickets but never win. You don't know about PropStore? Its like the coolest website ever! www.propstore.com They sell and auction lots of screen used movie props and outfits as well as stuff that is used behind the scenes like the original storyboards and blueprints used by the actual movie production departments. Some of the stuff goes for insane amounts of money, but some of the stuff is kind of reasonable. Its cool to buy something from your favorite movie knowing you have an actual piece that was used in the film. Here is a search of Star Wars stuff that was sold at auction, http://propstoreauction.com/view-au...buynow=no&makeoffer=no&xclosed=no&featured=no you'll see the first thing is a TIE Fighter Pilot helmet that was used in ANH that went for over $230,000! :OMG:. Stuff from the original SW trilogy can really get out of hand quickly, especially from ANH.

People are ridiculous! Lol. Maybe your best bet is eBay after all.

That's what I was worried about with this movie. Just from the trailers I saw, and from Civil War, it feels like they are trying to get people to like Spider-Man by cramming Iron Man down our throats. I'm definitely not going to see it in the theater now, I might not even buy this one on Blu either. Any desire I had to see this movie is definitely gone now.

• Thanks
I can't sleep at all when its too hot. I usually have to run my air during all of July and August, and I need to put a fan on sometimes on top of that too when I try to sleep.

I always buy tickets but never win. You don't know about PropStore? Its like the coolest website ever! www.propstore.com They sell and auction lots of screen used movie props and outfits as well as stuff that is used behind the scenes like the original storyboards and blueprints used by the actual movie production departments. Some of the stuff goes for insane amounts of money, but some of the stuff is kind of reasonable. Its cool to buy something from your favorite movie knowing you have an actual piece that was used in the film. Here is a search of Star Wars stuff that was sold at auction, http://propstoreauction.com/view-au...buynow=no&makeoffer=no&xclosed=no&featured=no you'll see the first thing is a TIE Fighter Pilot helmet that was used in ANH that went for over $230,000! :OMG:. Stuff from the original SW trilogy can really get out of hand quickly, especially from ANH.

People are ridiculous! Lol. Maybe your best bet is eBay after all.

That's what I was worried about with this movie. Just from the trailers I saw, and from Civil War, it feels like they are trying to get people to like Spider-Man by cramming Iron Man down our throats. I'm definitely not going to see it in the theater now, I might not even buy this one on Blu either. Any desire I had to see this movie is definitely gone now.

Oh yeah, I'm miserable in the summer. My A/C bill is going to be brutal. Our highs are probably going to be 100s the next two months!

Funny enough, I was on that site two weeks ago because I clicked on a link to an auction for props from Community. I just didn't really pay attention to what the site was or look at anything else. I only noticed it was the same place because they had a thing on their main page for the Community auction that ended last week. I'm sure OT Star Wars stuff goes for just insane amounts. Star Wars fans are crazy, ha. Sideshow could probably charge whatever they wanted for SW PFs and they would sell eventually.

Ha, don't go just off of my word. I mean the comedy was good and I liked the kid who played Spider-Man and his friend was great. Marissa Tomei is still hot too, ha.

Did you see this? https://www.yahoo.com/gma/star-wars...-assault-161703055--abc-news-celebrities.html

• Thanks
Oh yeah, I'm miserable in the summer. My A/C bill is going to be brutal. Our highs are probably going to be 100s the next two months!

Funny enough, I was on that site two weeks ago because I clicked on a link to an auction for props from Community. I just didn't really pay attention to what the site was or look at anything else. I only noticed it was the same place because they had a thing on their main page for the Community auction that ended last week. I'm sure OT Star Wars stuff goes for just insane amounts. Star Wars fans are crazy, ha. Sideshow could probably charge whatever they wanted for SW PFs and they would sell eventually.

Ha, don't go just off of my word. I mean the comedy was good and I liked the kid who played Spider-Man and his friend was great. Marissa Tomei is still hot too, ha.

Did you see this? https://www.yahoo.com/gma/star-wars...-assault-161703055--abc-news-celebrities.html

OMG that's terrible! Its still in the mid 70s here! :D I'm sure I'll get some 100 degree days soon though. I usually get up to two weeks full of them spread out through July and August.

I wish people would stop buying the damn SW PFs so SS would stop with the stupid price increases! But I think you're right SW fans are nuts. Apparently the R2 LSF is at low stock remaining. :cautious: I'm sensing a fake low stock alert in the Force.

Marissa Tomei is great! I think I like her as much as George Costanza did! :LOL: I'm honestly just not feeling ready or excited for a second Spider-Man reboot so soon, even the first one was too soon for me. The forced amount of Iron Man in this isn't helping either.

Star Wars is serious business! Lol. I don't think I could take SW serious enough to a point where it would lead to actual violence, the worst I get is getting into arguments on the internet.

• Thanks
OMG that's terrible! Its still in the mid 70s here! :D I'm sure I'll get some 100 degree days soon though. I usually get up to two weeks full of them spread out through July and August.

I wish people would stop buying the damn SW PFs so SS would stop with the stupid price increases! But I think you're right SW fans are nuts. Apparently the R2 LSF is at low stock remaining. :cautious: I'm sensing a fake low stock alert in the Force.

Marissa Tomei is great! I think I like her as much as George Costanza did! :LOL: I'm honestly just not feeling ready or excited for a second Spider-Man reboot so soon, even the first one was too soon for me. The forced amount of Iron Man in this isn't helping either.

Star Wars is serious business! Lol. I don't think I could take SW serious enough to a point where it would lead to actual violence, the worst I get is getting into arguments on the internet.

Yeah it's probably low stock...for the first batch. Ugh!

Ha, I loved that George called her for a date immediately after his fiance died, "I got the funeral tomorrow, but my weekend is pretty wide open." George Castanza is my favorite sitcom character ever...and a terrible human being. :p

I don't think I'd ever get into a fight unless someone was physically attacking someone else and I was trying to stop them. Fighting is dumb at our age!

So I unpacked my DC figures for the first time in four years. It was kind of weird seeing them again because it's been so long. I started listing them on eBay.

My blu-ray player just froze yet again. Maybe I should get a PS4...

By the way, did you get your item that was supposed to be arriving today?

I didn't have anything coming yesterday. My Kingpin shipped on Thursday and my Jango PF should be here on Monday. I did get some Hot Toys figures today. Did yours ship yet? I forget.

Sigh, right after I say we should be done with Sideshow pieces they announce this. I wanted this statue when they first teased it three years ago. I'm sure it will cost hundreds of dollars more than it would have if they made it in 2014.

1125x682_previewbanner_IMIIIMaq.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Yeah it's probably low stock...for the first batch. Ugh!

Ha, I loved that George called her for a date immediately after his fiance died, "I got the funeral tomorrow, but my weekend is pretty wide open." George Castanza is my favorite sitcom character ever...and a terrible human being. :p

I don't think I'd ever get into a fight unless someone was physically attacking someone else and I was trying to stop them. Fighting is dumb at our age!

So I unpacked my DC figures for the first time in four years. It was kind of weird seeing them again because it's been so long. I started listing them on eBay.

My blu-ray player just froze yet again. Maybe I should get a PS4...

I didn't have anything coming yesterday. My Kingpin shipped on Thursday and my Jango PF should be here on Monday. I did get some Hot Toys figures today. Did yours ship yet? I forget.

Sigh, right after I say we should be done with Sideshow pieces they announce this. I wanted this statue when they first teased it three years ago. I'm sure it will cost hundreds of dollars more than it would have if they made it in 2014.

1125x682_previewbanner_IMIIIMaq.jpg

George is the greatest. "We were expecting about 200 people. Well anyways..." :LOL:

I agree, fighting is very stupid at our age. It was even dumb in our 20's. Most people I knew that would actually be willing to engage in a fight grew out of that after high school.

Oh no, that's sad! I hope you are getting a lot out of them. Then again if you had them put away for so long maybe its time to let them go.

Do it! Do it! You could be watching a Blu-Ray right now, and then when you are done you could play Star Wars Battlefront. And then after that you could go watch some YouTube videos or Netflix!

Oh, I thought you said you had something coming on Friday. I must have gotten confused. Awesome to hear you've got 2 things coming though! Do you know where you are going to put Kingpin yet? My statue shipped and is supposed to be here on Monday. Its sitting at my local UPS right now and its agony knowing its 10 mins away from me and I have to wait through the whole weekend till they start deliveries on Monday :angry:.

I think the Mk III is my favorite Iron Man armor of them all because its from the first movie. They teased that statue three years ago? I swear with how many damn outfits he has, and with HT releasing at least one new Iron Man figure every month, its impossible to keep up with which company is releasing each Iron Man.

• Thanks
George is the greatest. "We were expecting about 200 people. Well anyways..." :LOL:

I agree, fighting is very stupid at our age. It was even dumb in our 20's. Most people I knew that would actually be willing to engage in a fight grew out of that after high school.

Oh no, that's sad! I hope you are getting a lot out of them. Then again if you had them put away for so long maybe its time to let them go.

Do it! Do it! You could be watching a Blu-Ray right now, and then when you are done you could play Star Wars Battlefront. And then after that you could go watch some YouTube videos or Netflix!

Oh, I thought you said you had something coming on Friday. I must have gotten confused. Awesome to hear you've got 2 things coming though! Do you know where you are going to put Kingpin yet? My statue shipped and is supposed to be here on Monday. Its sitting at my local UPS right now and its agony knowing its 10 mins away from me and I have to wait through the whole weekend till they start deliveries on Monday :angry:.

I think the Mk III is my favorite Iron Man armor of them all because its from the first movie. They teased that statue three years ago? I swear with how many damn outfits he has, and with HT releasing at least one new Iron Man figure every month, its impossible to keep up with which company is releasing each Iron Man.

Man, I need to rewatch all of Seinfeld, it's been a long time! I watched it obsessively in high school.

I don't know if I'll get much from a bunch of loose action figures, but I'm never planning on displaying them again. Some of the sculpts are surprisingly good for action figures, but some are a mess. I'm just glad to finally have my blankets back. When I originally packed them to move from Missoula, I layered two of my blankets in the tub to pad them.

Ha, I'll think about the PS4 this fall once I'm done with all these trips. I don't think I'll be able to afford to go to the Cowboys game in Denver. NFL tickets are ridiculously priced, I just don't think it's worth it. I'm guessing you have the first Battlefront game?

Yeah, Kingpin is going on the middle shelf below my XM Daredevil. I'm hoping the Sideshow Daredevil fits next to him, but we'll see how much room he takes up. I'm excited to see what you bought! I don't even have a clue what it is.

The Mark III is my favorite armor too and for the same reason. I actually nearly bought the 1:2 Mark III Iron Man Sideshow sold back in the day. Your 1:2 scale statues are making me think I need at least one, ha. That Ledger Joker is mighty tempting. I need to catch up on Hot Toys first though.

By the way, it's still 87 degrees at 10 p.m. here.

• Thanks
Man, I need to rewatch all of Seinfeld, it's been a long time! I watched it obsessively in high school.

I don't know if I'll get much from a bunch of loose action figures, but I'm never planning on displaying them again. Some of the sculpts are surprisingly good for action figures, but some are a mess. I'm just glad to finally have my blankets back. When I originally packed them to move from Missoula, I layered two of my blankets in the tub to pad them.

Ha, I'll think about the PS4 this fall once I'm done with all these trips. I don't think I'll be able to afford to go to the Cowboys game in Denver. NFL tickets are ridiculously priced, I just don't think it's worth it. I'm guessing you have the first Battlefront game?

Yeah, Kingpin is going on the middle shelf below my XM Daredevil. I'm hoping the Sideshow Daredevil fits next to him, but we'll see how much room he takes up. I'm excited to see what you bought! I don't even have a clue what it is.

The Mark III is my favorite armor too and for the same reason. I actually nearly bought the 1:2 Mark III Iron Man Sideshow sold back in the day. Your 1:2 scale statues are making me think I need at least one, ha. That Ledger Joker is mighty tempting. I need to catch up on Hot Toys first though.

By the way, it's still 87 degrees at 10 p.m. here.

I watched Seinfeld every week back when it was still originally on NBC, I think the show ended when I was graduating from 8th grade. Even though I was young I realized it was going to be one of the greatest shows ever. I still don't think I've ever loved a show more regardless of genre. I used to watch the reruns on TBS quite a few years ago every day, and I made it through full season 1-9 cycles at least a couple of times, and I still watch the occasional episode when its on locally.

Ha! You probably won't have much use for blankets now though lol.

Yup, I have the first Battlefront, its excellent for quenching whatever OT combat thirst you might have, but I was definitely disappointed there was no Prequel stuff in it. The sequel looks to fix all of that, and I'm looking forward to it way more than the first one.

Is your Kingpin shipping directly from Asia? I still haven't seen SS or BBTS put the XM Samurai Catwoman up for order yet, not that I was planning to buy it anyways but I was very interested in pricing. The item I picked was the one I wanted most out of an entirely new line that I don't have any of yet. It may be the one and only one I get, or if I really like it I may get others. I actually wanted this piece for a very long time, but I think it was delayed almost 6 months, so I went with my 1:2s instead.

I think one 1:2 would be perfect! Its massive but most people can probably still squeeze one into their collection space wise. I heard a lot of SS's 1:2 Iron Mans are riddled with QC problems (shocker!). A lot of them have paint chips, I think the MK VII has optional magnetic pieces that attach, but SS used really weak magnets and these pieces fall off and break a lot. Also, there is a leaning issue with a couple of them, just like their 1:2 Wolverine. I can't believe how many corners this company cuts on a $2K piece. I really like P1's 1:2 Joker. If I was only getting one I may have actually gone with that one, it has a ton of switchouts too. I really wanted a scaled, much less expensive version, of something I'd see at Madame Tussauds, and I really think Prime 1 delivered. I was also really considering the 1:1 Man of Steel from Muckle, that goes for around $4k, but the head really looked like a mannequin company was trying to make a Henry Cavill likeness, which it basically is.

Ughh. Its 65 out here right now. Next week is supposed to be high 70s and low 80s.

• Thanks
I watched Seinfeld every week back when it was still originally on NBC, I think the show ended when I was graduating from 8th grade. Even though I was young I realized it was going to be one of the greatest shows ever. I still don't think I've ever loved a show more regardless of genre. I used to watch the reruns on TBS quite a few years ago every day, and I made it through full season 1-9 cycles at least a couple of times, and I still watch the occasional episode when its on locally.

Ha! You probably won't have much use for blankets now though lol.

Yup, I have the first Battlefront, its excellent for quenching whatever OT combat thirst you might have, but I was definitely disappointed there was no Prequel stuff in it. The sequel looks to fix all of that, and I'm looking forward to it way more than the first one.

Is your Kingpin shipping directly from Asia? I still haven't seen SS or BBTS put the XM Samurai Catwoman up for order yet, not that I was planning to buy it anyways but I was very interested in pricing. The item I picked was the one I wanted most out of an entirely new line that I don't have any of yet. It may be the one and only one I get, or if I really like it I may get others. I actually wanted this piece for a very long time, but I think it was delayed almost 6 months, so I went with my 1:2s instead.

I think one 1:2 would be perfect! Its massive but most people can probably still squeeze one into their collection space wise. I heard a lot of SS's 1:2 Iron Mans are riddled with QC problems (shocker!). A lot of them have paint chips, I think the MK VII has optional magnetic pieces that attach, but SS used really weak magnets and these pieces fall off and break a lot. Also, there is a leaning issue with a couple of them, just like their 1:2 Wolverine. I can't believe how many corners this company cuts on a $2K piece. I really like P1's 1:2 Joker. If I was only getting one I may have actually gone with that one, it has a ton of switchouts too. I really wanted a scaled, much less expensive version, of something I'd see at Madame Tussauds, and I really think Prime 1 delivered. I was also really considering the 1:1 Man of Steel from Muckle, that goes for around $4k, but the head really looked like a mannequin company was trying to make a Henry Cavill likeness, which it basically is.

Ughh. Its 65 out here right now. Next week is supposed to be high 70s and low 80s.

Dang, I can't believe you were watching Seinfeld in junior high, ha. I didn't start watching prime time TV shows until I was in high school. I'm pretty sure I was a junior when the series finale aired...nearly 20 years ago.

Yeah, Kingpin is coming from Singapore. I'm excited to see what you got! You better not let me down, ha.

$2K and the statues have a bunch of flaws? That's incredibly ridiculous. So if I ever get a 1:2 piece I will go with Prime 1 then. Did you see Sideshow announced a Captain Phasma and Stormtrooper PF today? I'm guessing the Stormtrooper is the same as the original release, but on a different base and $200 more. They are really going nuts with the Star Wars stuff, they finally caught up to the hype train.

• Thanks
Dang, I can't believe you were watching Seinfeld in junior high, ha. I didn't start watching prime time TV shows until I was in high school. I'm pretty sure I was a junior when the series finale aired...nearly 20 years ago.

Yeah, Kingpin is coming from Singapore. I'm excited to see what you got! You better not let me down, ha.

$2K and the statues have a bunch of flaws? That's incredibly ridiculous. So if I ever get a 1:2 piece I will go with Prime 1 then. Did you see Sideshow announced a Captain Phasma and Stormtrooper PF today? I'm guessing the Stormtrooper is the same as the original release, but on a different base and $200 more. They are really going nuts with the Star Wars stuff, they finally caught up to the hype train.

Its been that long already? I feel so old. This is terrible.

How much was shipping? Did you get him from one of your XM connections? I hope I don't let you down too, or myself.

I would normally be really excited about Phasma because she was on my want list, but I'm done with Sideshow. I actually sold my Kylo PF last month already because the saber bent :mad:. I didn't even talked about it because of how pissed I was. There was a 90 degree day here, I think it was a couple months ago, and I didn't have the air on the entire day for some bizarre reason and that was enough to bend the crap out of the saber. I know it was the heat because I was aware that these were prone to that issue so I kept an eye on where the tip of the saber was compared to one of the peg holes on the side of the besta. It stayed completely normal for over a month, then I had the hot day and when I went to check on it the next day the saber tip had dropped about 3/4 of an inch below the hole. So I know it was the heat that did it. I took the saber off just to compare it against a completely straight surface, and sure enough that thing was bent to sh*t. I was already past my 30 day return period so I just sold it before it got worse. So no more Sideshow for me, I'm sick of b*tching about this company and then continuing to order from them just because they have the licenses I love. Thankfully Prime 1 has come along and offers some amazing DC stuff with more coming out down the road. I just hope they get the Star Wars license too eventually. I suppose I could eventually even bring myself into ordering SW HTs as well.

• Thanks
Its been that long already? I feel so old. This is terrible.

How much was shipping? Did you get him from one of your XM connections? I hope I don't let you down too, or myself.

I would normally be really excited about Phasma because she was on my want list, but I'm done with Sideshow. I actually sold my Kylo PF last month already because the saber bent :mad:. I didn't even talked about it because of how pissed I was. There was a 90 degree day here, I think it was a couple months ago, and I didn't have the air on the entire day for some bizarre reason and that was enough to bend the crap out of the saber. I know it was the heat because I was aware that these were prone to that issue so I kept an eye on where the tip of the saber was compared to one of the peg holes on the side of the besta. It stayed completely normal for over a month, then I had the hot day and when I went to check on it the next day the saber tip had dropped about 3/4 of an inch below the hole. So I know it was the heat that did it. I took the saber off just to compare it against a completely straight surface, and sure enough that thing was bent to sh*t. I was already past my 30 day return period so I just sold it before it got worse. So no more Sideshow for me, I'm sick of b*tching about this company and then continuing to order from them just because they have the licenses I love. Thankfully Prime 1 has come along and offers some amazing DC stuff with more coming out down the road. I just hope they get the Star Wars license too eventually. I suppose I could eventually even bring myself into ordering SW HTs as well.

Dude, that f-ing sucks! I should take pictures of mine and box him up before the same thing happens. The paint on the back of my Darkseid's shoulder started cracking and peeling. I'm super frustrated and wish I had cancelled that over priced undersized statue when I had the chance. In fact that plus your Kylo has already made me decide I'm not ordering Iron Man.

I got Kingpin from Cali604 on the freaks board. Shipping was $250 which is actually less than what my usual contact charges.

You should switch to Hot Toys...

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

• Thanks
Dude, that f-ing sucks! I should take pictures of mine and box him up before the same thing happens. The paint on the back of my Darkseid's shoulder started cracking and peeling. I'm super frustrated and wish I had cancelled that over priced undersized statue when I had the chance. In fact that plus your Kylo has already made me decide I'm not ordering Iron Man.

I got Kingpin from Cali604 on the freaks board. Shipping was $250 which is actually less than what my usual contact charges.

You should switch to Hot Toys...

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

I wish after seeing the pics of bending sabers I would have sold it immediately, or returned it. I took a $145 hit on it, luckily with how many reward points I used on it I just about broke even. Lou, if you are reading this don't buy the Kylo PF! Its a learning experience for me, it might even change how I order everything. I'm thinking regardless of company, at these prices maybe I should wait until every item starts shipping and people get them in hand for awhile and then I should look and see what problems, if any, are popping up with the piece. That sucks about your Darkseid! Man, Sideshow cuts corners every chance they get. Do you know what you're going to do with it? Good call passing on Iron Man!

That's not too bad, I guess. I've never attempted to ship anything that size out of the U.S. so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Those do look really cool. If I decide to go that route though I'd sell the rest of my SW PFs, which I'm not quite sure I want to do yet. A little off topic, but if you had Battlefront you could be playing as a Stormtrooper, a Snowtrooper, or Vader in beautiful HD gaming right now! ;) And if you bought the Rogue One DLC you could be playing as the Scarif Trooper!

What do you think of this Flash statue?

19437792_320628578367668_1119500386358588919_n.jpg

Well that one definitely makes more sense than the Prime 1 New 52 version. I still can't figure out whats going on with that one lol. This one would be a little cooler if it had some lightning effects behind it. My favorite is that one you posted awhile back with Reverse Flash. Those two looked really awesome paired together. Do you know If anyone made a John Wesely Shipp Flash statue from the 90's show? Or if anyone made a Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Lois and Superman statue? :p

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I wish after seeing the pics of bending sabers I would have sold it immediately, or returned it. I took a $145 hit on it, luckily with how many reward points I used on it I just about broke even. Lou, if you are reading this don't buy the Kylo PF! Its a learning experience for me, it might even change how I order everything. I'm thinking regardless of company, at these prices maybe I should wait until every item starts shipping and people get them in hand for awhile and then I should look and see what problems, if any, are popping up with the piece. That sucks about your Darkseid! Man, Sideshow cuts corners every chance they get. Do you know what you're going to do with it? Good call passing on Iron Man!

That's not too bad, I guess. I've never attempted to ship anything that size out of the U.S. so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Those do look really cool. If I decide to go that route though I'd sell the rest of my SW PFs, which I'm not quite sure I want to do yet. A little off topic, but if you had Battlefront you could be playing as a Stormtrooper, a Snowtrooper, or Vader in beautiful HD gaming right now! ;) And if you bought the Rogue One DLC you could be playing as the Scarif Trooper!

Well that one definitely makes more sense than the Prime 1 New 52 version. I still can't figure out whats going on with that one lol. This one would be a little cooler if it had some lightning effects behind it. My favorite is that one you posted awhile back with Reverse Flash. Those two looked really awesome paired together. Do you know If anyone made a John Wesely Shipp Flash statue from the 90's show? Or if anyone made a Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Lois and Superman statue? :p

Ouch, that sucks! I was planning on holding onto mine until Episode VIII is released and hoping the hype would raise the price. I got lucky that someone paid me for my entire Darth Maul preorder (especially since I used like $300 reward points on it). I was going to sell my Darkseid for $100 below retail on Friday, but then I found the chip and the guy wanted a bigger discount. After we agreed to a price he started haggling me on the shipping price insisting it should only cost around $30 to ship. He seemed like one of those people who would start demanding partial refunds for every little thing and he was annoying me so I just blocked him. Probably not the most mature way to handle it, but whatever, ha ha. I'm hoping the Justice League movie will hype up the Aquaman PF too. Probably wishful thinking!

Ha, tempting me with Battlefront! I'm just not a huge video game guy (like I was in high school) and don't think I'd really ever play it. Still going to have to wait until fall when I pay off all these trips and I had to get a skin biopsy (it was nothing) so I have to pay that bill still. I have a feeling I'm going to need a new car pretty soon, that will probably halt my collecting altogether.

Can't say I've ever seen any 90s TV superhero statues. I would like to see a Tom Welling Smallville statue first! I was going to try to watch the rest of The Flash on Netflix, but couldn't make myself care. I have stuff to do today, but I'm kind of thinking about throwing Attack of the Clones in and just being lazy the rest of the day.

• Thanks
Ouch, that sucks! I was planning on holding onto mine until Episode VIII is released and hoping the hype would raise the price. I got lucky that someone paid me for my entire Darth Maul preorder (especially since I used like $300 reward points on it). I was going to sell my Darkseid for $100 below retail on Friday, but then I found the chip and the guy wanted a bigger discount. After we agreed to a price he started haggling me on the shipping price insisting it should only cost around $30 to ship. He seemed like one of those people who would start demanding partial refunds for every little thing and he was annoying me so I just blocked him. Probably not the most mature way to handle it, but whatever, ha ha. I'm hoping the Justice League movie will hype up the Aquaman PF too. Probably wishful thinking!

Ha, tempting me with Battlefront! I'm just not a huge video game guy (like I was in high school) and don't think I'd really ever play it. Still going to have to wait until fall when I pay off all these trips and I had to get a skin biopsy (it was nothing) so I have to pay that bill still. I have a feeling I'm going to need a new car pretty soon, that will probably halt my collecting altogether.

Can't say I've ever seen any 90s TV superhero statues. I would like to see a Tom Welling Smallville statue first! I was going to try to watch the rest of The Flash on Netflix, but couldn't make myself care. I have stuff to do today, but I'm kind of thinking about throwing Attack of the Clones in and just being lazy the rest of the day.

I think the problem with Kylo is he's so overpriced to begin with there is hardly any room for his value to increase in the secondary market. They managed to sell through the EXs probably because of hype for the character, but now the EX won't even fetch retail on eBay. And now the reg will probably be available for a year or more, and people will just buy that anyways because the EX is pretty lame. If this would have had a swap out unmasked head for the EX its value would probably skyrocket eventually.

I do the exact same thing, I find almost anyone who asks a question about shipping price, or the item price, or asks for a more detailed description of the piece will more than likely demand refunds no matter what. So I pretty much block anyone that asks a question :LOL:. I also don't like how eBay sides with the buyer 99.9% of the time.

Glad to hear it was nothing! :) That's scary! I think my new goal will be trying to get you back into gaming lol. I should just go buy a new car, that way I will have $0 available for collectibles and the stress will be gone!

I'm going to be lazy tonight, I've got to go do a little bit of running around this afternoon and then maybe I'll put a movie on this evening.

• Thanks
I think the problem with Kylo is he's so overpriced to begin with there is hardly any room for his value to increase in the secondary market. They managed to sell through the EXs probably because of hype for the character, but now the EX won't even fetch retail on eBay. And now the reg will probably be available for a year or more, and people will just buy that anyways because the EX is pretty lame. If this would have had a swap out unmasked head for the EX its value would probably skyrocket eventually.

I do the exact same thing, I find almost anyone who asks a question about shipping price, or the item price, or asks for a more detailed description of the piece will more than likely demand refunds no matter what. So I pretty much block anyone that asks a question :LOL:. I also don't like how eBay sides with the buyer 99.9% of the time.

Glad to hear it was nothing! :) That's scary! I think my new goal will be trying to get you back into gaming lol. I should just go buy a new car, that way I will have $0 available for collectibles and the stress will be gone!

I'm going to be lazy tonight, I've got to go do a little bit of running around this afternoon and then maybe I'll put a movie on this evening.

All of their Star Wars PFs are over priced now. Or maybe I should just say all of their PFs are over priced. The entire statue market is over priced!

I just sold something on eBay. It went for more than I was hoping so I was excited. As soon as I got the "your item sold" e-mail, I immediately got another e-mail that the buyer is requesting to cancel the sale. I don't think I'm going to accept the cancellation and I'm going to open an unpaid item case against them instead. He deserves an unpaid buyer strike for that nonsense. Of course, knowing my luck he'll pay and destroy the item once he gets it then demand a refund. Ugh, what should I do? I already blocked them from bidding on anything else I sell.

• Thanks
All of their Star Wars PFs are over priced now. Or maybe I should just say all of their PFs are over priced. The entire statue market is over priced!

I just sold something on eBay. It went for more than I was hoping so I was excited. As soon as I got the "your item sold" e-mail, I immediately got another e-mail that the buyer is requesting to cancel the sale. I don't think I'm going to accept the cancellation and I'm going to open an unpaid item case against them instead. He deserves an unpaid buyer strike for that nonsense. Of course, knowing my luck he'll pay and destroy the item once he gets it then demand a refund. Ugh, what should I do? I already blocked them from bidding on anything else I sell.

This whole stupid hobby is overpriced!

I hate when that happens. If he just bought it and cancelled immediately I doubt he'll pay even if you open a UPI. But I say give him the strike! :naughty: I hate these people so much! Was this a BIN or an auction? I see eBay finally added a box you can check to require immediate payment with BIN. It used to be that you had to have an eBay store to do that, but now anyone can. I rarely do auctions because 25% of people that win my stuff never pay.

Check out the horrible quality on this 1:2 Sideshow Dr. Doom (the link might not play, just click the watch this video on youtube link that pops up and it will):

I can't believe this dude kept the statue after everything that was wrong with it. When Sideshow includes the "this package may appear to be opened because it was quality tested" letter it means the item was returned and they now its f***ed up but decided to send it to you anyways :LOL:.

Last edited:
  • Thanks