STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
This whole stupid hobby is overpriced!

I hate when that happens. If he just bought it and cancelled immediately I doubt he'll pay even if you open a UPI. But I say give him the strike! :naughty: I hate these people so much! Was this a BIN or an auction? I see eBay finally added a box you can check to require immediate payment with BIN. It used to be that you had to have an eBay store to do that, but now anyone can. I rarely do auctions because 25% of people that win my stuff never pay.

Check out the horrible quality on this 1:2 Sideshow Dr. Doom (the link might not play, just click the watch this video on youtube link that pops up and it will):

I can't believe this dude kept the statue after everything that was wrong with it. When Sideshow includes the "this package may appear to be opened because it was quality tested" letter it means the item was returned and they now its f***ed up but decided to send it to you anyways :LOL:.

That's so ridiculous! I heard him say it's his first purchase so Sideshow probably decided they could get away with it since he doesn't know any better. Poor guy.

My listing was an auction. I sent the next highest bidder a 2nd chance buy it now at the amount he bid, but I doubt he'll buy it. I'm probably going to open a case against that person so they get a strike. So ridiculous. I have been lucky selling on eBay for the most part. I've never had a buyer open a claim against me or anything. I had one douche want a partial refund because the Hot Toys box was creased. That's right, the figure was fine, but the box he probably threw into storage was dented so he needed a refund. I actually started writing on my auctions that I will not give partial refunds for dented boxes. It's sad I have to do that, but that's a scam these guys try pulling.

Listing these DC figures is exhausting by the way, there's so many of them. I've put a ton up and I feel like I've barely put a dent in them. They're still all over my floor, ha. I can't believe I collected all of these. I remember stopping at Targets, Walmarts, and KMarts in multiple stores across the state when I was on road trips to find a lot of these. Craziness.

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
That's so ridiculous! I heard him say it's his first purchase so Sideshow probably decided they could get away with it since he doesn't know any better. Poor guy.

My listing was an auction. I sent the next highest bidder a 2nd chance buy it now at the amount he bid, but I doubt he'll buy it. I'm probably going to open a case against that person so they get a strike. So ridiculous. I have been lucky selling on eBay for the most part. I've never had a buyer open a claim against me or anything. I had one douche want a partial refund because the Hot Toys box was creased. That's right, the figure was fine, but the box he probably threw into storage was dented so he needed a refund. I actually started writing on my auctions that I will not give partial refunds for dented boxes. It's sad I have to do that, but that's a scam these guys try pulling.

Listing these DC figures is exhausting by the way, there's so many of them. I've put a ton up and I feel like I've barely put a dent in them. They're still all over my floor, ha. I can't believe I collected all of these. I remember stopping at Targets, Walmarts, and KMarts in multiple stores across the state when I was on road trips to find a lot of these. Craziness.

I can't believe how calm he was the whole time. I'd be cursing up a storm after spending $2k and receiving that.

That sucks. I wonder if people like that would actually try contacting SS to get a discount for a bent box. SS definitely wouldn't give them anything, but if you refused eBay would probably force you to give one. I like eBay because of how many people you can reach to sell to, but I don't love how they don't back sellers.

That must be a little sad, I'm sure you've got lots of memories buying them. I used to love going to KMart back in the 90s, it was one of my favorite stores, now its as much of a cesspool as Walmart :LOL:.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
I can't believe how calm he was the whole time. I'd be cursing up a storm after spending $2k and receiving that.

That sucks. I wonder if people like that would actually try contacting SS to get a discount for a bent box. SS definitely wouldn't give them anything, but if you refused eBay would probably force you to give one. I like eBay because of how many people you can reach to sell to, but I don't love how they don't back sellers.

That must be a little sad, I'm sure you've got lots of memories buying them. I used to love going to KMart back in the 90s, it was one of my favorite stores, now its as much of a cesspool as Walmart :LOL:.

Are there even KMarts open anymore? I know ours closed last year. I feel like most of our brick and mortar stores keep closing as everyone buys everything online these days, it's kind of sad! Yeah it was fun collecting them, especially when I found a fresh case just put out and managed to get the entire set in one stop! I also remember being online at a certain time for Mattel's online sale to try to snag all of the exclusives. I'm kind of tempted to just keep all the Superman related figures, but I really have no place to put action figures. I might keep Booster and put him on my desk at work.

The ridiculous thing is eBay makes all of their money by taking 10% from the sellers, but they always side with the buyers. It's so dumb that you can't even leave negative feedback for a buyer anymore. When they get a non-pay buyer's strike, they should automatically get negative feedback on top of it. Of course the sellers who used retaliatory negative feedback ruined it for everyone (that happened to me one time as well). eBay is too cheap to hire the amount of people it would need to supervise all the stuff that goes on. 10% is such a ridiculously high fee by the way, especially since PayPal takes another 2.9% on top of it. If you sell something for $1K, they are taking $129 of that for doing nothing really. I remember in the beginning they didn't take fees out of the shipping cost so people would list a $100 item for $1 with $99 shipping. So basically people taking advantage always ruin things for everyone.

Sideshow wouldn't give a discount for damaged boxes. Often times they won't even give refunds for bad paint as they just say it's normal. Did you see they are coming out with Harley Quinn and Joker PFs from Suicide Squad now? Way to jump on the hype of a poorly received movie that came out a year ago.

• Thanks
Are there even KMarts open anymore? I know ours closed last year. I feel like most of our brick and mortar stores keep closing as everyone buys everything online these days, it's kind of sad! Yeah it was fun collecting them, especially when I found a fresh case just put out and managed to get the entire set in one stop! I also remember being online at a certain time for Mattel's online sale to try to snag all of the exclusives. I'm kind of tempted to just keep all the Superman related figures, but I really have no place to put action figures. I might keep Booster and put him on my desk at work.

The ridiculous thing is eBay makes all of their money by taking 10% from the sellers, but they always side with the buyers. It's so dumb that you can't even leave negative feedback for a buyer anymore. When they get a non-pay buyer's strike, they should automatically get negative feedback on top of it. Of course the sellers who used retaliatory negative feedback ruined it for everyone (that happened to me one time as well). eBay is too cheap to hire the amount of people it would need to supervise all the stuff that goes on. 10% is such a ridiculously high fee by the way, especially since PayPal takes another 2.9% on top of it. If you sell something for $1K, they are taking $129 of that for doing nothing really. I remember in the beginning they didn't take fees out of the shipping cost so people would list a $100 item for $1 with $99 shipping. So basically people taking advantage always ruin things for everyone.

Sideshow wouldn't give a discount for damaged boxes. Often times they won't even give refunds for bad paint as they just say it's normal. Did you see they are coming out with Harley Quinn and Joker PFs from Suicide Squad now? Way to jump on the hype of a poorly received movie that came out a year ago.

The one that was closest to me just closed this year. It really kept going downhill over the last decade, but a big part of me was sad to see it go. I had a lot of memories from their. There is still one open way across town but calling it a sh*thole would be too kind. You should keep your Superman figs! Booster has to stay too!

I got so pissed when they made their new rule that you can't leave negative buyer feedback. Ebay would have absolutely nothing without the sellers, they should be the number one priority. I also think the 10% fee is extreme, was it always that high? And why the hell do I have to pay a percentage of my shipping fee? The Paypal fee on top of it sucks too.

I'm not going to lie, I am still highly considering the Prime 1 Suicide Squad Joker and Harley :p.

• Thanks
The one that was closest to me just closed this year. It really kept going downhill over the last decade, but a big part of me was sad to see it go. I had a lot of memories from their. There is still one open way across town but calling it a sh*thole would be too kind. You should keep your Superman figs! Booster has to stay too!

I got so pissed when they made their new rule that you can't leave negative buyer feedback. Ebay would have absolutely nothing without the sellers, they should be the number one priority. I also think the 10% fee is extreme, was it always that high? And why the hell do I have to pay a percentage of my shipping fee? The Paypal fee on top of it sucks too.

I'm not going to lie, I am still highly considering the Prime 1 Suicide Squad Joker and Harley :p.

I don't think I've ever actually seen Prime 1's Joker and HQ. I rarely go into the DC Statue section anymore because there's nothing being made that I want. So I have a question for a Batman fan. Would you admit that Batman realistically would have zero chance against any of the other 6 original Justice League members in a fight?

The problem is sellers would use retaliatory negative feedback to make buyers remove the negative feedback they had left them. Case in point: I bought some comics from a guy once and paid immediately. It took multiple e-mails from me before he finally shipped them 45 days later. I decided to be nice and only left him neutral feedback stating the items were as described, but it took him forever to ship them and it was very unprofessional. The next day he gave me negative feedback and said he'd only remove it if I removed the feedback I left. That right there is complete B.S. As a seller, I also had someone buy something from me once on a Monday and in the listing I had written "I can only ship on Saturdays due to work." I woke up Thursday morning and had negative feedback from the buyer that said "slow shipping." Of course I cancelled the purchase, refunded the buyer, and blocked them after that. Those are my eBay horror stories. I haven't had the guy who claims something is wrong with the item and wants a refund and to keep the item yet. I've heard of that happening to people. I don't think eBay was always 10%, I think it was a lot less than that originally.

So did you get your package yet or are you back at work today?

• Thanks
I don't think I've ever actually seen Prime 1's Joker and HQ. I rarely go into the DC Statue section anymore because there's nothing being made that I want. So I have a question for a Batman fan. Would you admit that Batman realistically would have zero chance against any of the other 6 original Justice League members in a fight?

The problem is sellers would use retaliatory negative feedback to make buyers remove the negative feedback they had left them. Case in point: I bought some comics from a guy once and paid immediately. It took multiple e-mails from me before he finally shipped them 45 days later. I decided to be nice and only left him neutral feedback stating the items were as described, but it took him forever to ship them and it was very unprofessional. The next day he gave me negative feedback and said he'd only remove it if I removed the feedback I left. That right there is complete B.S. As a seller, I also had someone buy something from me once on a Monday and in the listing I had written "I can only ship on Saturdays due to work." I woke up Thursday morning and had negative feedback from the buyer that said "slow shipping." Of course I cancelled the purchase, refunded the buyer, and blocked them after that. Those are my eBay horror stories. I haven't had the guy who claims something is wrong with the item and wants a refund and to keep the item yet. I've heard of that happening to people. I don't think eBay was always 10%, I think it was a lot less than that originally.

So did you get your package yet or are you back at work today?

Ha! It seems like someone is anti-Batman today lol. Well considering Batman has at least beaten Superman multiple times in the comics and now in the movie, I say he has a big chance of beating all of them :p.

45 days!?! Thats total crap! And then him negging you in return is where ebay should have stepped in! I can't believe they don't have more people watching for this stuff. Or if you sell something and you clearly state that you only ship once a week, they should automatically remove any negative feedback if you ship within your stated time frame. I have to say thankfully I haven't had anything bad happen to me, but I always fear someone claiming I sent an empty box or something.

I did get my package, but I'm back at work today, so I won't be able to open it till later. But what could it be?

35456033440_27fbdbe0a6_b.jpg

35035069983_57f12ac173_b.jpg
:woot:

Did you get Jango today?

• Thanks
Ha! It seems like someone is anti-Batman today lol. Well considering Batman has at least beaten Superman multiple times in the comics and now in the movie, I say he has a big chance of beating all of them :p.

45 days!?! Thats total crap! And then him negging you in return is where ebay should have stepped in! I can't believe they don't have more people watching for this stuff. Or if you sell something and you clearly state that you only ship once a week, they should automatically remove any negative feedback if you ship within your stated time frame. I have to say thankfully I haven't had anything bad happen to me, but I always fear someone claiming I sent an empty box or something.

I did get my package, but I'm back at work today, so I won't be able to open it till later. But what could it be?

35456033440_27fbdbe0a6_b.jpg

35035069983_57f12ac173_b.jpg
:woot:

Did you get Jango today?

I'm on a total anti-Batman crusade today, I've been arguing with another nerd online, ha. The way comic book writers portray Batman is so unrealistic it's laughable. Based on what they say are each superheroes' power sets, there's no way Batman would last longer than 30 seconds against any of them. Flash and Martian Manhunter could kill him before he knew what happened. Even if he was allowed his infamous "prep time" that Bat-fans are always shouting about, Superman could still just stay a safe distance away and kill him with his heat vision...or just by chucking things at him. Wonder Woman and Aquaman would both overpower him quickly. Green Lantern could just capture him in a construct, fly into space, and dissolve the construct. He has no shot!

Now after my anti-Batman rant, I'm thinking you got something Batman related? :p Is it The Dark Knight Batman? I'm clueless! I will pick up Jango when I get off work.

How could you prove you didn't send an empty box if someone claimed that? I guess the shipping weight would kind of give it away, but that's scary to think about!

• Thanks
I'm on a total anti-Batman crusade today, I've been arguing with another nerd online, ha. The way comic book writers portray Batman is so unrealistic it's laughable. Based on what they say are each superheroes' power sets, there's no way Batman would last longer than 30 seconds against any of them. Flash and Martian Manhunter could kill him before he knew what happened. Even if he was allowed his infamous "prep time" that Bat-fans are always shouting about, Superman could still just stay a safe distance away and kill him with his heat vision...or just by chucking things at him. Wonder Woman and Aquaman would both overpower him quickly. Green Lantern could just capture him in a construct, fly into space, and dissolve the construct. He has no shot!

Now after my anti-Batman rant, I'm thinking you got something Batman related? :p Is it The Dark Knight Batman? I'm clueless! I will pick up Jango when I get off work.

How could you prove you didn't send an empty box if someone claimed that? I guess the shipping weight would kind of give it away, but that's scary to think about!

Wow, why don't you tell me how you really feel about Batman lol. :p

Yup, its definitely Batman related. I probably won't get any pics up till later tonight or tomorrow though.

I think it would be completely impossible to prove to eBay that you didn't if they claimed it was empty. I've heard horror stories where people claimed they shipped them a pile of heavy books instead, if its a really big box. I think if the worst case scenario happens its best to tell them you suspect it may be mail fraud and you will be contacting every type of authority you can think of, and tell them to save all related shipping materials they received and ask them to fully answer all questions when the authorities contact them. I hear that when you do that most scammers will basically say something like "good job scamming me, you win", and then they immediately close the case because they know if you call the cops they will get caught once they open an investigation.

• Thanks
Well here she is:

Batman: Arkham Knight Harley Quinn

35462072730_0baf100d2f_b.jpg

My initial impression is this is quite possibly my favorite statue ever! She has lots of switchouts but I am pretty tired right now and I can only manage one pic tonight. I'll have a lot more pics tomorrow once I can see her in the daylight. I'm going to go stare at her for 2 hours :drool:.

• Thanks
More pics.

35052933433_06047338f5_b.jpg

35052947003_ae14bbbab3_b.jpg

35693183172_b59787da14_b.jpg

35730402541_80f3289cdc_b.jpg

She's playful...

35862259825_32d9fe6525_b.jpg

She's flirty...

35052921013_db82a92ea7_b.jpg

She's gorgeous!

35862236165_cfcfbab606_b.jpg

And yes, she's got booty too! :p

35821901146_4a6c98bcac_b.jpg

I am so impressed with this piece. The paint apps blow Sideshow out of the water (although that isn't hard to do). 1:3 scale is massive. From the top of her head to the bottom of her boots is already almost as tall as my Keaton Batman PF with his huge base! :OMG: And this is the smallest 1:3 of the Arkham line! With her base she comes in right around 32" high.

• Thanks
Wow, why don't you tell me how you really feel about Batman lol. :p

Yup, its definitely Batman related. I probably won't get any pics up till later tonight or tomorrow though.

I think it would be completely impossible to prove to eBay that you didn't if they claimed it was empty. I've heard horror stories where people claimed they shipped them a pile of heavy books instead, if its a really big box. I think if the worst case scenario happens its best to tell them you suspect it may be mail fraud and you will be contacting every type of authority you can think of, and tell them to save all related shipping materials they received and ask them to fully answer all questions when the authorities contact them. I hear that when you do that most scammers will basically say something like "good job scamming me, you win", and then they immediately close the case because they know if you call the cops they will get caught once they open an investigation.

Man, I hope I don't ever come across a scammer. I would probably get so mad that I'd drive to their house, ha. I was trying to contact eBay about this guy wanting to cancel and there is literally no way to do it. They used to have an online chat thing like Sideshow that they got rid of. They don't have an e-mail anywhere that you can use (I read an article that stated they would constantly change the e-mail when people figured out what it was). You basically have to find a phone number and call. Talk about a company people shouldn't be doing business with!

More pics.

35052933433_06047338f5_b.jpg

35052947003_ae14bbbab3_b.jpg

35693183172_b59787da14_b.jpg

35730402541_80f3289cdc_b.jpg

She's playful...

35862259825_32d9fe6525_b.jpg

She's flirty...

35052921013_db82a92ea7_b.jpg

She's gorgeous!

35862236165_cfcfbab606_b.jpg

And yes, she's got booty too! :p

35821901146_4a6c98bcac_b.jpg

I am so impressed with this piece. The paint apps blow Sideshow out of the water (although that isn't hard to do). 1:3 scale is massive. From the top of her head to the bottom of her boots is already almost as tall as my Keaton Batman PF with his huge base! :OMG: And this is the smallest 1:3 of the Arkham line! With her base she comes in right around 32" high.

Okay, that's pretty awesome. I love all the switch outs! Which one are you going to display her in? You almost can't pack away the box because you'll probably want to switch it up every month or so. And 32" high??? I'm guessing she's not in your Besta? I wish Prime 1 would make other DC characters in 1:3 scale! I will try to unbox my stuff tonight.

EDIT: I was so distracted by the statue that I missed how cool the base is. That's so sweet, congrats!

• Thanks
Man, I hope I don't ever come across a scammer. I would probably get so mad that I'd drive to their house, ha. I was trying to contact eBay about this guy wanting to cancel and there is literally no way to do it. They used to have an online chat thing like Sideshow that they got rid of. They don't have an e-mail anywhere that you can use (I read an article that stated they would constantly change the e-mail when people figured out what it was). You basically have to find a phone number and call. Talk about a company people shouldn't be doing business with!

Okay, that's pretty awesome. I love all the switch outs! Which one are you going to display her in? You almost can't pack away the box because you'll probably want to switch it up every month or so. And 32" high??? I'm guessing she's not in your Besta? I wish Prime 1 would make other DC characters in 1:3 scale! I will try to unbox my stuff tonight.

EDIT: I was so distracted by the statue that I missed how cool the base is. That's so sweet, congrats!

I really don't know what I'd do if I came across a scammer. I guess if its something cheap I'd probably just have to eat the loss. If it was something over $500 though I think I'd have to call the police and then go from there and see what kind of options I had. Its scary to think about and hope it never happens, it would sure be tempting to drive to their house lol. One thing I make sure not to do is ship to p.o. boxes. Oppositely, about 15 years ago, before Paypal existed, I got burned trying to buy a pair of $300 sunglasses when I sent a money order to someone with a p.o. box address. He had flawless 3000+ feedback but all of a sudden he scammed me and about 10 other people, and then he was gone off of eBay, no one could get ahold of the guy.

Ebay will probably just force you to cancel anyways. They never back up sellers.

Thanks man, I am surprised how much I love the regular head sculpt, I was planning on displaying the crazy looking one, but the regular one is so gorgeous in person. I do have her in a Besta, I think if the bases fit, you can fit 2 of these per besta. She takes up almost half of one (and those Batman and Catwoman PFs next to her are big-ass PFs with big-ass bases!):

35054708183_b6d7f87e0d_c.jpg

I hope they make their Kingdom Come Supes for you soon, because you are going to LOVE this scale!

I was thinking of going with something like this for the Prime 1 switchouts:

Awesome, post pics! I really want to see Kingpin when you get him!

• Thanks
I really don't know what I'd do if I came across a scammer. I guess if its something cheap I'd probably just have to eat the loss. If it was something over $500 though I think I'd have to call the police and then go from there and see what kind of options I had. Its scary to think about and hope it never happens, it would sure be tempting to drive to their house lol. One thing I make sure not to do is ship to p.o. boxes. Oppositely, about 15 years ago, before Paypal existed, I got burned trying to buy a pair of $300 sunglasses when I sent a money order to someone with a p.o. box address. He had flawless 3000+ feedback but all of a sudden he scammed me and about 10 other people, and then he was gone off of eBay, no one could get ahold of the guy.

Ebay will probably just force you to cancel anyways. They never back up sellers.

Thanks man, I am surprised how much I love the regular head sculpt, I was planning on displaying the crazy looking one, but the regular one is so gorgeous in person. I do have her in a Besta, I think if the bases fit, you can fit 2 of these per besta. She takes up almost half of one (and those Batman and Catwoman PFs next to her are big-ass PFs with big-ass bases!):

35054708183_b6d7f87e0d_c.jpg

I hope they make their Kingdom Come Supes for you soon, because you are going to LOVE this scale!

I was thinking of going with something like this for the Prime 1 switchouts:

Awesome, post pics! I really want to see Kingpin when you get him!

I remember the good old days of sending money orders, ha. Talk about having to trust people! I feel like everyone in America have become worse people in the past 20 years. There's more road rage, less trust, and more people looking to take advantage of others. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure feels that way.

Dang that's a nice setup you got going on there. That must be Gotham stuff in the lower right? Are you going to get some lights for that case? I totally want a Kingdom Come Superman!

I think it would be cheaper to just keep the switch outs in the box, ha. Although that is an interesting idea.

• Thanks
I remember the good old days of sending money orders, ha. Talk about having to trust people! I feel like everyone in America have become worse people in the past 20 years. There's more road rage, less trust, and more people looking to take advantage of others. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure feels that way.

Dang that's a nice setup you got going on there. That must be Gotham stuff in the lower right? Are you going to get some lights for that case? I totally want a Kingdom Come Superman!

I think it would be cheaper to just keep the switch outs in the box, ha. Although that is an interesting idea.

Its definitely worse! LOL. I mainly blame the internet, it gives everyone a platform to be as mean as they want anonymously without any consequence, and I think people bring that attitude into their personal lives.

Yup, that's Gotham stuff, I'll more than likely move that stuff out of there once I get more P1 stuff. I'm already thinking of selling off all the other DC stuff in those to get more P1 pieces from the Arkham line :ohno:. I was never really planning to add lights to these bestas, mainly because I don't use doors on these and they are white, so they reflect a lot of good lighting in there already. The room is also pretty well lit already, and gets really good daylight in there too.

It definitely would be cheaper to keep them in the box, but the box is ginormous, so there is no way I'm going to go lugging that thing around every time I want to switch out a part lol. Prime 1's packaging is really nice, its not as nice as XM's Velcro strips they close their Styrofoam with, but every P1 part is wrapped in this really nice silk cloth, its way better than that crumpled wax paper-like stuff Sideshow uses.

• Thanks
Its definitely worse! LOL. I mainly blame the internet, it gives everyone a platform to be as mean as they want anonymously without any consequence, and I think people bring that attitude into their personal lives.

Yup, that's Gotham stuff, I'll more than likely move that stuff out of there once I get more P1 stuff. I'm already thinking of selling off all the other DC stuff in those to get more P1 pieces from the Arkham line :ohno:. I was never really planning to add lights to these bestas, mainly because I don't use doors on these and they are white, so they reflect a lot of good lighting in there already. The room is also pretty well lit already, and gets really good daylight in there too.

It definitely would be cheaper to keep them in the box, but the box is ginormous, so there is no way I'm going to go lugging that thing around every time I want to switch out a part lol. Prime 1's packaging is really nice, its not as nice as XM's Velcro strips they close their Styrofoam with, but every P1 part is wrapped in this really nice silk cloth, its way better than that crumpled wax paper-like stuff Sideshow uses.

Yeah I don't blame you. I never use switch out parts because I don't want to go through the work of unboxing everything!

You're thinking about selling Keaton Batman and Catwoman??? I like those two. Although I think your 1:2 scale has ruined the 1:4 scale for you, ha ha.

I opened my Jango. I'm not a fan of his rangefinder not being attached to the helmet. Instead you have to insert it (or it might even be magnetized) so it's not quite straight. His back foot also doesn't sit flush to the base. They also botched the scale and he's smaller than Boba. Oh well, my speakers are now complete. Pretty sad that all I can say is oh well since that's the quality I expect from Sideshow.

IMG_0541.jpg

What site do you use to host images?

• Thanks
Yeah I don't blame you. I never use switch out parts because I don't want to go through the work of unboxing everything!

You're thinking about selling Keaton Batman and Catwoman??? I like those two. Although I think your 1:2 scale has ruined the 1:4 scale for you, ha ha.

I opened my Jango. I'm not a fan of his rangefinder not being attached to the helmet. Instead you have to insert it (or it might even be magnetized) so it's not quite straight. His back foot also doesn't sit flush to the base. They also botched the scale and he's smaller than Boba. Oh well, my speakers are now complete. Pretty sad that all I can say is oh well since that's the quality I expect from Sideshow.

IMG_0541.jpg

What site do you use to host images?

When I had more DC pieces with EX switch outs I used to wrap them all in bubble wrap and then put them in a padded shoebox in my closet. I never had an issue with any breakages doing that. I might do that again, or I might step it up and go with that super protective padded box.

I'm 50/50 on it, but I probably won't. They will forever be my favorite interpretations of the characters, but I really want to switch up those bestas to 1:3 scale. And honestly, I'm really tired of all black or really dark pieces. That's really the reason why I wanted Harley so bad, she really explodes with color. That, and she has boobs of course! :p

Well, congrats on Jango, but I totally feel your pain of how you can say is oh well. Its so sad after paying that much for it, the quality is low, and we have become so accustomed to it being so low. But if you want 1:4 Star Wars statues you have no other options, at least not with Jango. Your setup and speakers do look really awesome though with both Fetts on there though! I love your movie choice too! ;)

After three awesome Prime 1 pieces I'm done with Sideshow. That issue that occurred with my Kylo PF really put me over the edge. I haven't even gotten an ounce of excitement for anything this company has teased so far with their SDCC stuff.

I just use Flickr. Its not the greatest as you can't upload any GIFs though.

• Thanks
When I had more DC pieces with EX switch outs I used to wrap them all in bubble wrap and then put them in a padded shoebox in my closet. I never had an issue with any breakages doing that. I might do that again, or I might step it up and go with that super protective padded box.

I'm 50/50 on it, but I probably won't. They will forever be my favorite interpretations of the characters, but I really want to switch up those bestas to 1:3 scale. And honestly, I'm really tired of all black or really dark pieces. That's really the reason why I wanted Harley so bad, she really explodes with color. That, and she has boobs of course! :p

Well, congrats on Jango, but I totally feel your pain of how you can say is oh well. Its so sad after paying that much for it, the quality is low, and we have become so accustomed to it being so low. But if you want 1:4 Star Wars statues you have no other options, at least not with Jango. Your setup and speakers do look really awesome though with both Fetts on there though! I love your movie choice too! ;)

After three awesome Prime 1 pieces I'm done with Sideshow. That issue that occurred with my Kylo PF really put me over the edge. I haven't even gotten an ounce of excitement for anything this company has teased so far with their SDCC stuff.

I just use Flickr. Its not the greatest as you can't upload any GIFs though.

I might have to check out Flickr. I use photobucket, but it's so full of pop-ups and spam that I can barely get a photo uploaded on there. I was using image shack for a bit, but they want you to pay.

I just never switch any of my portraits out. A lot of the times I never even take the extra head out to even check it. I didn't even look at Jango's other jet pack, I just took out the one I wanted.

Yeah I can't picture you selling those Batman Returns statues! Although you do seem to really like more colors on your statues...yet you're a Batman fan. ;)

Ha, I had to throw on a Star Wars movie for the picture! I wonder how you take a picture of your lit up cabinets without getting the glare in the picture. I mean my statues in the Besta look clear as day to me, but they always show up fuzzy and glaring because of the lights.

I have been extremely unimpressed with the last few Sideshow statues I have opened. Jango, Kylo, and Darkseid all underwhelmed me out of the box. After Thanos I'm hopefully done. I can't say altogether done because they might actually put out an impressive statue someday. I mean they have done some good ones. I love my Gladiator Hulk and Lobo was extremely impressive. Even the brown Wolverine surprised me. But it's better to wait for in hand pictures these days.

• Thanks
I might have to check out Flickr. I use photobucket, but it's so full of pop-ups and spam that I can barely get a photo uploaded on there. I was using image shack for a bit, but they want you to pay.

I just never switch any of my portraits out. A lot of the times I never even take the extra head out to even check it. I didn't even look at Jango's other jet pack, I just took out the one I wanted.

Yeah I can't picture you selling those Batman Returns statues! Although you do seem to really like more colors on your statues...yet you're a Batman fan. ;)

Ha, I had to throw on a Star Wars movie for the picture! I wonder how you take a picture of your lit up cabinets without getting the glare in the picture. I mean my statues in the Besta look clear as day to me, but they always show up fuzzy and glaring because of the lights.

I have been extremely unimpressed with the last few Sideshow statues I have opened. Jango, Kylo, and Darkseid all underwhelmed me out of the box. After Thanos I'm hopefully done. I can't say altogether done because they might actually put out an impressive statue someday. I mean they have done some good ones. I love my Gladiator Hulk and Lobo was extremely impressive. Even the brown Wolverine surprised me. But it's better to wait for in hand pictures these days.

Flickr works really well and there aren't any ads that I can think of. They give you a ton of free space and after using it for 5 or more years I don't think I've ever used more than 1% of it.

You better check to make sure the jetpack is at least okay with Sideshow's track record. I mean its not an XM piece afterall. ;)

Yeah I sure love the character, but I never thought to think of how dark a collection of him would be. At least some of his villains are really colorful.

The pic looks really good to me. You'd probably have to have a professional grade camera to remove any "fuzziness" from the lights. Getting a good camera is on my list, it comes right after stopping collecting lol.

Well Kylo is a pile of black cloth, so... lol. The prototype of Thanos looks as good as any pieve I've seen from any company. I don't have faith they will be able to deliver that, but maybe they'll surprise everyone. (Okay, I really don't believe that last part :rofl:).

• Thanks
Flickr works really well and there aren't any ads that I can think of. They give you a ton of free space and after using it for 5 or more years I don't think I've ever used more than 1% of it.

You better check to make sure the jetpack is at least okay with Sideshow's track record. I mean its not an XM piece afterall. ;)

Yeah I sure love the character, but I never thought to think of how dark a collection of him would be. At least some of his villains are really colorful.

The pic looks really good to me. You'd probably have to have a professional grade camera to remove any "fuzziness" from the lights. Getting a good camera is on my list, it comes right after stopping collecting lol.

Well Kylo is a pile of black cloth, so... lol. The prototype of Thanos looks as good as any pieve I've seen from any company. I don't have faith they will be able to deliver that, but maybe they'll surprise everyone. (Okay, I really don't believe that last part :rofl:).

Ha, I already put the Jango box away. I'm too lazy to check the jet pack now.

I think with proper lighting you wouldn't care that they are all black. I mean my Punisher looks pretty good still and he's in a black case. You should get Killer Moth, he's the most colorful, ha ha.

My brother's brother-in-law has a nice camera. Next time he's in town I'll make him come over and take pictures for me. He's a huge nerd so he'll probably love it too.

So I got on Flickr and took some pictures, here you go:

35849379776_152888f515_c.jpg

35849381306_939e4247b5_c.jpg

35849380526_3f546f4689_c.jpg

35849382056_38ac3e98c9_c.jpg

35050640574_57785e5e0f_c.jpg

35849383836_03680c0197_c.jpg

C460sG

• Thanks
Ha, I already put the Jango box away. I'm too lazy to check the jet pack now.

I think with proper lighting you wouldn't care that they are all black. I mean my Punisher looks pretty good still and he's in a black case. You should get Killer Moth, he's the most colorful, ha ha.

My brother's brother-in-law has a nice camera. Next time he's in town I'll make him come over and take pictures for me. He's a huge nerd so he'll probably love it too.

So I got on Flickr and took some pictures, here you go:

35849379776_152888f515_c.jpg

35849381306_939e4247b5_c.jpg

35849380526_3f546f4689_c.jpg

35849382056_38ac3e98c9_c.jpg

35050640574_57785e5e0f_c.jpg

35849383836_03680c0197_c.jpg

C460sG

Glad you got Flickr working!

He looks so freaking cool! The paint apps look really clean.Those chess pieces are so awesome! Its like he came with a whole bunch of mini-mini-mini busts, and they are probably more detailed than actual mini busts! How big are those? I love the detail on the back of the chair, and the texturing on the leather upholstery looks so real! And even the details on the watch! Wow! Huge congrats! :)

That PAX looks so amazing! You did an awesome job filling that up.:thumbs: How deep is that? It looks like even Gladiator Hulk could comfortably live in there lol. Maybe its just an optical illusion.

I still like black pieces, I just wouldn't want a whole collection of them, it would just bore me rather quickly no matter how great they were lit. It probably wouldn't be just all black either, I think it I had a whole lot of pieces in any of the same color it would get stale to me pretty quickly. Oppositely if I had a whole collection of multi-color pieces I would probably want a couple black ones to help balance it out. Right now I'm all about trying to find a balance with all kinds of colors to find my happy place for my collection. :LOL: I don't see anyone making Killer Moth anytime soon, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel and they still haven't made some of the classic popular characters. Or the rest of the Justice League yet!

I heard Prime 1's new stuff will be displayed at Summer Wonderfest on July 30th. They said they aren't expecting to bring any really new stuff to SDCC, which is kind of lame. But there is a rumor their Jim Lee stuff will finally be displayed at Wonderfest. Watch them bring Jim Lee Batman with no sign of Superman anywhere in sight. :rofl:

• Thanks