STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you got Flickr working!

He looks so freaking cool! The paint apps look really clean.Those chess pieces are so awesome! Its like he came with a whole bunch of mini-mini-mini busts, and they are probably more detailed than actual mini busts! How big are those? I love the detail on the back of the chair, and the texturing on the leather upholstery looks so real! And even the details on the watch! Wow! Huge congrats! :)

That PAX looks so amazing! You did an awesome job filling that up.:thumbs: How deep is that? It looks like even Gladiator Hulk could comfortably live in there lol. Maybe its just an optical illusion.

I still like black pieces, I just wouldn't want a whole collection of them, it would just bore me rather quickly no matter how great they were lit. It probably wouldn't be just all black either, I think it I had a whole lot of pieces in any of the same color it would get stale to me pretty quickly. Oppositely if I had a whole collection of multi-color pieces I would probably want a couple black ones to help balance it out. Right now I'm all about trying to find a balance with all kinds of colors to find my happy place for my collection. :LOL: I don't see anyone making Killer Moth anytime soon, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel and they still haven't made some of the classic popular characters. Or the rest of the Justice League yet!

I heard Prime 1's new stuff will be displayed at Summer Wonderfest on July 30th. They said they aren't expecting to bring any really new stuff to SDCC, which is kind of lame. But there is a rumor their Jim Lee stuff will finally be displayed at Wonderfest. Watch them bring Jim Lee Batman with no sign of Superman anywhere in sight. :rofl:

I'm not sure how big the chess pieces are, I didn't measure them. I still need a camera that doesn't show all that light glare in the photos, it's so annoying! That PAX is around 29" wide and 22" deep so it's perfect size for Gladiator Hulk.

I was kidding about Killer Moth, I just know he is extremely brightly colored (and rather ugly to be honest, ha). But you know Batman characters have priority over everyone else (except females they can put in slutty outfits/poses).

Oh well, Wonderfest is only 1 week after SDCC so it's not like it's a huge wait. I guarantee they will have Jim Lee Batman, but no Superman in sight. Heck they may even have Kingdom Come Batman.

So did you see the new Hot Toys Jedi Luke? Now the question is how to pose him.

19961634_10154681392232344_3700981434187591193_n.jpg

19904942_10154681402187344_3174482666638006086_n.jpg

20017646_10154681305632344_7582485791707547738_o.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SithLord84
I'm not sure how big the chess pieces are, I didn't measure them. I still need a camera that doesn't show all that light glare in the photos, it's so annoying! That PAX is around 29" wide and 22" deep so it's perfect size for Gladiator Hulk.

I was kidding about Killer Moth, I just know he is extremely brightly colored (and rather ugly to be honest, ha). But you know Batman characters have priority over everyone else (except females they can put in slutty outfits/poses).

Oh well, Wonderfest is only 1 week after SDCC so it's not like it's a huge wait. I guarantee they will have Jim Lee Batman, but no Superman in sight. Heck they may even have Kingdom Come Batman.

So did you see the new Hot Toys Jedi Luke? Now the question is how to pose him.

19961634_10154681392232344_3700981434187591193_n.jpg

19904942_10154681402187344_3174482666638006086_n.jpg

20017646_10154681305632344_7582485791707547738_o.jpg

Hey, I love females in slutty outfits and poses! :rofl::p

I'll say something surprising, I bet Kingdom Come Supes is the first one they make from the line. But Hush Bats will probably come out like a year or two before that lol.

Why do you have to show me pics like that??? How am I not supposed to buy that after seeing how awesome that looks? How am I going to pose him? I love the Jabba's Palace look with the cloak with the hood up. I like how the base has changeable plates so you can make his look scene specific.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
Hey, I love females in slutty outfits and poses! :rofl::p

I'll say something surprising, I bet Kingdom Come Supes is the first one they make from the line. But Hush Bats will probably come out like a year or two before that lol.

Why do you have to show me pics like that??? How am I not supposed to buy that after seeing how awesome that looks? How am I going to pose him? I love the Jabba's Palace look with the cloak with the hood up. I like how the base has changeable plates so you can make his look scene specific.

Ha, I'm trying to tempt you to buy a Hot Toys figure! I love the pose with the robe, however the gloved hand all black look from the final Death Star duel has always been my favorite. Plus I love that green lightsaber. Ugh, you almost have to buy two! I'm surprised they didn't include his Endor gear as well. Then I would have had to buy two. Which Bespin Luke do you like better from the Hot Toys two-pack?

I hope Kingdom Come Superman is the first one they make, but looking at their track record I have a hard time believing that will be the case. KC Wonder Woman in her armor is pretty badass too.

So do you think I should collect Marvel cosmos characters (Thanos, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy) or Spider-Man villains? All the Spider-Man villains are readily available and while I know XM has a Groot/Rocket planned, who knows about the rest of the team. Although I do prefer the cosmos characters over the Spidey villains so I may have just answered my own question. I want pretty much every DC character, but I think I'm going to cut that want list down to just Flash, Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and Black Adam. I need an end goal to this madness, ha. Of course I'll probably still get HT Star Wars figures and Superman statues.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Ha, I'm trying to tempt you to buy a Hot Toys figure! I love the pose with the robe, however the gloved hand all black look from the final Death Star duel has always been my favorite. Plus I love that green lightsaber. Ugh, you almost have to buy two! I'm surprised they didn't include his Endor gear as well. Then I would have had to buy two. Which Bespin Luke do you like better from the Hot Toys two-pack?

I hope Kingdom Come Superman is the first one they make, but looking at their track record I have a hard time believing that will be the case. KC Wonder Woman in her armor is pretty badass too.

So do you think I should collect Marvel cosmos characters (Thanos, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy) or Spider-Man villains? All the Spider-Man villains are readily available and while I know XM has a Groot/Rocket planned, who knows about the rest of the team. Although I do prefer the cosmos characters over the Spidey villains so I may have just answered my own question. I want pretty much every DC character, but I think I'm going to cut that want list down to just Flash, Booster Gold, Green Arrow, and Black Adam. I need an end goal to this madness, ha. Of course I'll probably still get HT Star Wars figures and Superman statues.

I might get one of these, but its too early out to know yet. I already missed out on too many SW characters that I would have wanted if I was going to do a HT collection. There is still a possibility I might cherry pick a couple HT SW characters. You would almost have to buy two of these! I'm guessing they will wait to release an Endor Luke with a speeder bike later on down the road. I like the clean version from the Bespin 2 pack. The battle damaged Luke looks cool, but its rare that I'd ever want a battle damaged version of any character. I usually always like the clean, idealized version of the character, but that's just me.

I'd say go with the cosmos characters as that's who you like the most, unless you've got the funds or space to do both. So no Green Lantern or Wonder Woman on your XM DC list? Not to mention that I don't even see Batman on there o_O. I'm quite disappointed lol.

• Thanks
I might get one of these, but its too early out to know yet. I already missed out on too many SW characters that I would have wanted if I was going to do a HT collection. There is still a possibility I might cherry pick a couple HT SW characters. You would almost have to buy two of these! I'm guessing they will wait to release an Endor Luke with a speeder bike later on down the road. I like the clean version from the Bespin 2 pack. The battle damaged Luke looks cool, but its rare that I'd ever want a battle damaged version of any character. I usually always like the clean, idealized version of the character, but that's just me.

I'd say go with the cosmos characters as that's who you like the most, unless you've got the funds or space to do both. So no Green Lantern or Wonder Woman on your XM DC list? Not to mention that I don't even see Batman on there o_O. I'm quite disappointed lol.

Well I already have the Hal and Sinestro PFs from Sideshow along with the life size Green Lantern bust. If XM makes one I like better, I would switch them in a heartbeat. I would probably also get Kilowog or Guy Gardner even though I didn't list those, mostly because I doubt they will ever be made. I still have my Batman and Joker PFs, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. Wonder Woman also isn't one of my favorite DC characters. The only DC comics I keep up with are Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Green Arrow. I don't have the funds to get all the statues I want. There are things I need to fix around my townhouse (like I may be needing a new garage) and I'm probably going to need a new car in the next 5 years. Maybe I should get a roommate so I can afford more stuff, ha ha. If I had the funds I would have Alex Ross art all over my place!

Well I've been buying some of the HT Star Wars figures that I sold or missed and with the exception of Leia, Stormtrooper Luke, Bespin Luke, and Stormtrooper Finn, pretty much every Hot Toys Star Wars figure sells for below retail in the aftermarket. Heck you can get TFA troopers for like $140 shipped (or less). So you could easily catch up if you wanted...just saying. ;) Plus in those Jedi Luke pictures it looked like Hot Toys may have a ROTJ Vader coming out. The Emperor and his royal guard are already planned as well.

• Thanks
Well I already have the Hal and Sinestro PFs from Sideshow along with the life size Green Lantern bust. If XM makes one I like better, I would switch them in a heartbeat. I would probably also get Kilowog or Guy Gardner even though I didn't list those, mostly because I doubt they will ever be made. I still have my Batman and Joker PFs, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. Wonder Woman also isn't one of my favorite DC characters. The only DC comics I keep up with are Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Green Arrow. I don't have the funds to get all the statues I want. There are things I need to fix around my townhouse (like I may be needing a new garage) and I'm probably going to need a new car in the next 5 years. Maybe I should get a roommate so I can afford more stuff, ha ha. If I had the funds I would have Alex Ross art all over my place!

Well I've been buying some of the HT Star Wars figures that I sold or missed and with the exception of Leia, Stormtrooper Luke, Bespin Luke, and Stormtrooper Finn, pretty much every Hot Toys Star Wars figure sells for below retail in the aftermarket. Heck you can get TFA troopers for like $140 shipped (or less). So you could easily catch up if you wanted...just saying. ;) Plus in those Jedi Luke pictures it looked like Hot Toys may have a ROTJ Vader coming out. The Emperor and his royal guard are already planned as well.

I should just go get a new car so I wouldn't have any funds for this stupid collectible addiction lol. I went almost 30 years before having to buy this stuff, surely it can't be that important! I've got a feeling once XM gets to the characters SS already did they are going to blow theirs out of the water. Maybe you'll even want their Batman :naughty:. I see WBshop has added some Alex Ross canvases at a very reasonable price. They also have Jim Lee Supes.

Thats good to know they go below retail. Did they produce too many of them, or is the secondary figure market bursting as well? I'll see how I'm feeling next year when Luke ships. I've noticed its impossible for me to guess what I'll want that far out. Last year I never thought I'd have any 1:2s. I go through phases where I'll really be into watchimg and reading DC stuff for like 6 months, then all of a sudden I stop and start watching Star Wars suff constantly for like 6 months, and then I stop and I watch Marvel stuff for 6 months. These phases have been going on for the last 10 years or more and they are completely random.

• Thanks
I should just go get a new car so I wouldn't have any funds for this stupid collectible addiction lol. I went almost 30 years before having to buy this stuff, surely it can't be that important! I've got a feeling once XM gets to the characters SS already did they are going to blow theirs out of the water. Maybe you'll even want their Batman :naughty:. I see WBshop has added some Alex Ross canvases at a very reasonable price. They also have Jim Lee Supes.

Thats good to know they go below retail. Did they produce too many of them, or is the secondary figure market bursting as well? I'll see how I'm feeling next year when Luke ships. I've noticed its impossible for me to guess what I'll want that far out. Last year I never thought I'd have any 1:2s. I go through phases where I'll really be into watchimg and reading DC stuff for like 6 months, then all of a sudden I stop and start watching Star Wars suff constantly for like 6 months, and then I stop and I watch Marvel stuff for 6 months. These phases have been going on for the last 10 years or more and they are completely random.

What year is your car? I've always collected stuff my entire life, it just got ridiculous when I got into these high end collectibles. Now I can never go back to regular action figures! I'm still not even sure what's up with XM and the DC license. October will mark a full year since they announced it and they have said nothing since. A couple people on the statue forums who are "in the know" said we should hear what's going on at SGTCC. I have a feeling we're not going to get a regular classic 1/4 line from them.

Hot Toys completely over produced the TFA figures, that is why they are all still in stock and Sideshow was basically giving them away at one point with that buy 2, get 1 free sale. (You should get the Hot Toys Kylo since you sold your PF. It's a great figure and you can get it around $150 shipped.) The later ones like TFA Han they cut down the production. A lot of the OT figures they did a second run on. Han and Chewie were selling for insane amounts on the after market at first, but then they pulled a Sideshow and did a second run so those two are still in stock as well. They seemed to have figured out how much they should produce now as the Rogue One figures that have shipped sold out pretty quickly.

I have the same problem as you. I'll be super into Marvel, then DC, then Star Wars and it just makes me want to keep collecting different stuff. It's terrible! Lately I've only been reading Marvel comics and I've been into Star Wars. DC has kind of been muscled out at the moment. I finished ALL of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics including the Miles Morales stuff.

• Thanks
What year is your car? I've always collected stuff my entire life, it just got ridiculous when I got into these high end collectibles. Now I can never go back to regular action figures! I'm still not even sure what's up with XM and the DC license. October will mark a full year since they announced it and they have said nothing since. A couple people on the statue forums who are "in the know" said we should hear what's going on at SGTCC. I have a feeling we're not going to get a regular classic 1/4 line from them.

Hot Toys completely over produced the TFA figures, that is why they are all still in stock and Sideshow was basically giving them away at one point with that buy 2, get 1 free sale. (You should get the Hot Toys Kylo since you sold your PF. It's a great figure and you can get it around $150 shipped.) The later ones like TFA Han they cut down the production. A lot of the OT figures they did a second run on. Han and Chewie were selling for insane amounts on the after market at first, but then they pulled a Sideshow and did a second run so those two are still in stock as well. They seemed to have figured out how much they should produce now as the Rogue One figures that have shipped sold out pretty quickly.

I have the same problem as you. I'll be super into Marvel, then DC, then Star Wars and it just makes me want to keep collecting different stuff. It's terrible! Lately I've only been reading Marvel comics and I've been into Star Wars. DC has kind of been muscled out at the moment. I finished ALL of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics including the Miles Morales stuff.

My car is a 2006. Its still perfectly fine, but I wouldn't mind something new. I can't go back to regular figures either, no matter how much I try to talk myself into it, or how much I realize statues are overpriced. There is no way these things are worth 90-150 times more than basic action figures! I used to be able to get PotF figures for only $6! When I was younger I would never have been able to buy these stupidly expensive statues but now that I've started I can't stop. If XM doesn't end up doing classic DC stuff everybody's going to be pissed.

I think there will always be the most demand for the OT stuff, although TFA was received well by the general public, SW fans are kind of split over it after awhile. That might be why TFA figure sales are tanking, or they just may have massively over produced them. HT not making anything from the prequels so far is a bit concerning.

It really makes collecting from one thing completely impossible, and it would super stress me out.

• Thanks
My car is a 2006. Its still perfectly fine, but I wouldn't mind something new. I can't go back to regular figures either, no matter how much I try to talk myself into it, or how much I realize statues are overpriced. There is no way these things are worth 90-150 times more than basic action figures! I used to be able to get PotF figures for only $6! When I was younger I would never have been able to buy these stupidly expensive statues but now that I've started I can't stop. If XM doesn't end up doing classic DC stuff everybody's going to be pissed.

I think there will always be the most demand for the OT stuff, although TFA was received well by the general public, SW fans are kind of split over it after awhile. That might be why TFA figure sales are tanking, or they just may have massively over produced them. HT not making anything from the prequels so far is a bit concerning.

It really makes collecting from one thing completely impossible, and it would super stress me out.

I was thinking about how I get stressed out collecting sometimes. I don't think that's a good sign. Before when I had roommates and a bunch of spare money, I just enjoyed collecting. Now I'm constantly worry about money and missing out on collectibles. I may need to take a step back and re-evaluate my situation. Do they have a collector's anonymous?

Well basic action figures these days cost like $20! I mean PFs are still way more, but everything keeps going up including the cost of living while wages are staying the same for us middle class folks. The world is totally screwed up! We spend all sorts of money on trying to make the biggest and most efficient weapons to kill each other while there's people in poverty all over the place. Not to mention like a small portion of people control most of the world's wealth. It's complete insanity!

Okay, I'm done ranting. Ha ha. My mom's side of the family just got in a Facebook fight about money (that involved me) and I think it got me all worked up.

Well HT seems to be going in order of movies. They started out with ANH figures then they slowly moved into ESB with Yoda, snowtrooper, and Hoth Leia and now they seem to be making ROTJ figures. So maybe the prequels are next? Although I hope they go back and do Bespin Han and Lando first! Plus there's a bunch more OT characters I'd like to see them do, but I'm guessing they'll leave more minor characters to Sideshow.

• Thanks
I was thinking about how I get stressed out collecting sometimes. I don't think that's a good sign. Before when I had roommates and a bunch of spare money, I just enjoyed collecting. Now I'm constantly worry about money and missing out on collectibles. I may need to take a step back and re-evaluate my situation. Do they have a collector's anonymous?

Well basic action figures these days cost like $20! I mean PFs are still way more, but everything keeps going up including the cost of living while wages are staying the same for us middle class folks. The world is totally screwed up! We spend all sorts of money on trying to make the biggest and most efficient weapons to kill each other while there's people in poverty all over the place. Not to mention like a small portion of people control most of the world's wealth. It's complete insanity!

Okay, I'm done ranting. Ha ha. My mom's side of the family just got in a Facebook fight about money (that involved me) and I think it got me all worked up.

Well HT seems to be going in order of movies. They started out with ANH figures then they slowly moved into ESB with Yoda, snowtrooper, and Hoth Leia and now they seem to be making ROTJ figures. So maybe the prequels are next? Although I hope they go back and do Bespin Han and Lando first! Plus there's a bunch more OT characters I'd like to see them do, but I'm guessing they'll leave more minor characters to Sideshow.

If there isn't one we should start it. Me: "Hi, I'm Josh and I'm a collectible addict." Group: "Hiiii Joooosssshhhhh". :rofl: We really just need to work on not going to Sideshow's website and staying off the forums. I think doing that would help us appreciate what we already have. I'm going to plan to go stare at Harley for an hour later while chanting "I don't need any other statue" :LOL:.

Ha! I love a good rant. The best thing I ever did was get off of Facebook. Its instantaneous stress relief. At the very least remove all of your family members! Lol. I hope they aren't trying to suck money out of you.

I saw Sideshow put up the Snowtrooper Commander the other day. That's got hot seller written all over it! :LOL: I wonder how big the discount will be two years from now.

• Thanks
If there isn't one we should start it. Me: "Hi, I'm Josh and I'm a collectible addict." Group: "Hiiii Joooosssshhhhh". :rofl: We really just need to work on not going to Sideshow's website and staying off the forums. I think doing that would help us appreciate what we already have. I'm going to plan to go stare at Harley for an hour later while chanting "I don't need any other statue" :LOL:.

Ha! I love a good rant. The best thing I ever did was get off of Facebook. Its instantaneous stress relief. At the very least remove all of your family members! Lol. I hope they aren't trying to suck money out of you.

I saw Sideshow put up the Snowtrooper Commander the other day. That's got hot seller written all over it! :LOL: I wonder how big the discount will be two years from now.

That Snowtrooper Commander looks terrible in my opinion. Why would anyone want that when you could just buy a regular Hot Toys snowtrooper? They put the Hot Toys Jedi Luke up. I managed to get an order in with BBTS so no NRD or cancellation fee. That's the way to do it! Right after I talk about having a collecting problem I order another figure, ha ha. But at least I was smarter about it and didn't tie up money with THAT company. From now on we should just refer to Sideshow as THAT company. Let me know how that Harley staring works...I'm sure you'll do something repetitive but it won't be verbal. Too far?

Would you like to hear our family drama? No, well I'll tell you anyway, ha. So my mom died about 6 years ago and at the time one of my aunts (who is awesome) told me that my brothers and I would still get my mom's portion of my grandpa's inheritance when he passed away. Anyhow, he passed away last year and we didn't get anything (which wasn't surprising). My aunt who told me that did give us some money out of her portion because again, she's awesome. Fast forward to yesterday when my uncle sends out a group message stating that he's converting all of my grandpa's old home videos to disc and while him and his siblings are paying for it, he was asking us grandkids to chip in (and honestly I don't care about their childhood home videos, have you ever watched other people's home movies?). My cousin replied "I find it interesting that you cut Mary's kids out of grandpa's inheritance and now you are asking them for money." And it's spiraled out of control from there. Funny thing is neither my brothers or I have said anything even though almost every comment has our name in it, ha.

• Thanks
That Snowtrooper Commander looks terrible in my opinion. Why would anyone want that when you could just buy a regular Hot Toys snowtrooper? They put the Hot Toys Jedi Luke up. I managed to get an order in with BBTS so no NRD or cancellation fee. That's the way to do it! Right after I talk about having a collecting problem I order another figure, ha ha. But at least I was smarter about it and didn't tie up money with THAT company. From now on we should just refer to Sideshow as THAT company. Let me know how that Harley staring works...I'm sure you'll do something repetitive but it won't be verbal. Too far?

Would you like to hear our family drama? No, well I'll tell you anyway, ha. So my mom died about 6 years ago and at the time one of my aunts (who is awesome) told me that my brothers and I would still get my mom's portion of my grandpa's inheritance when he passed away. Anyhow, he passed away last year and we didn't get anything (which wasn't surprising). My aunt who told me that did give us some money out of her portion because again, she's awesome. Fast forward to yesterday when my uncle sends out a group message stating that he's converting all of my grandpa's old home videos to disc and while him and his siblings are paying for it, he was asking us grandkids to chip in (and honestly I don't care about their childhood home videos, have you ever watched other people's home movies?). My cousin replied "I find it interesting that you cut Mary's kids out of grandpa's inheritance and now you are asking them for money." And it's spiraled out of control from there. Funny thing is neither my brothers or I have said anything even though almost every comment has our name in it, ha.

Why is THAT company even making 1:6 SW figures anymore? Why is anyone giving them sales? Lol. Well the first part in solving your problem is at least admitting you have a problem. I think you are supposed to stop doing whatever your problem is at some point after that, but I never make it past the first step :LOL:. At least you made the smart decision ordering from BBTS. I know that's one figure you're never going to get rid of. I'll let you know how my Harley staring goes later, but I have no idea what you could be talking about.

giphy.gif

That sounds like a terrible situation you've got yourself there. I don't even watch my own family videos lol. I love how you didn't even say anything and you got dragged into it :rofl:. I hope you don't give them any money.

• Thanks
Why is THAT company even making 1:6 SW figures anymore? Why is anyone giving them sales? Lol. Well the first part in solving your problem is at least admitting you have a problem. I think you are supposed to stop doing whatever your problem is at some point after that, but I never make it past the first step :LOL:. At least you made the smart decision ordering from BBTS. I know that's one figure you're never going to get rid of. I'll let you know how my Harley staring goes later, but I have no idea what you could be talking about.

giphy.gif

That sounds like a terrible situation you've got yourself there. I don't even watch my own family videos lol. I love how you didn't even say anything and you got dragged into it :rofl:. I hope you don't give them any money.

Ha ha, that gif is hilarious!

I feel like I made a smart decision here because now if I change my mind in the year waiting for this to be released then I can cancel it without losing any money. I just need to be smarter with my purchasing decisions! No more impulse ordering unless it's something in stock. Screw THAT company! Although I will say in response to your 1:6 Star Wars question, I do kind of like their bounty hunter lineup. I think they are okay to buy aliens and droids from, but I wouldn't buy any humans through them.

I finally wrote that my brothers and I don't care about any of this and it seemed to shut down the conversation.

• Thanks
Ha ha, that gif is hilarious!

I feel like I made a smart decision here because now if I change my mind in the year waiting for this to be released then I can cancel it without losing any money. I just need to be smarter with my purchasing decisions! No more impulse ordering unless it's something in stock. Screw THAT company! Although I will say in response to your 1:6 Star Wars question, I do kind of like their bounty hunter lineup. I think they are okay to buy aliens and droids from, but I wouldn't buy any humans through them.

I finally wrote that my brothers and I don't care about any of this and it seemed to shut down the conversation.

Buying from BBTS when it comes to preorders is smart. At least when it comes to HTs with no NRDs. My new thing is no preorders period. I'm waiting till everything is in stock. I just hate committing to putting funds away for something thats a year out, especially when I lose interest in it in a few months. Are the joints in the aliens and droids any better than their troopers?

Good to hear, hope they don't bring it up again.

This is a custom Crossbones statue. Sideshow is getting left in the dust with their boring and unnatural poses.

18814956_1362211463894456_6386484623211470018_o.jpg

20024008_1362211260561143_1680596941225004904_o.jpg

That looks so good that if you wouldn't have told me that was a custom I would have thought it was an XM piece.

• Thanks
Buying from BBTS when it comes to preorders is smart. At least when it comes to HTs with no NRDs. My new thing is no preorders period. I'm waiting till everything is in stock. I just hate committing to putting funds away for something thats a year out, especially when I lose interest in it in a few months. Are the joints in the aliens and droids any better than their troopers?

Good to hear, hope they don't bring it up again.

That looks so good that if you wouldn't have told me that was a custom I would have thought it was an XM piece.

Maybe on the droids, but the aliens use the same body underneath the clothes as the rest of the figures so I'm sure they are just as floppy. I think no preorders is the way to go from now on. Cancelling with NRDs has wasted a good amount of money. I did preorder two things this week though: the Guardians and Spiderman steelbooks. :p

I'm starting to think custom statues is the way to go for 1/4 if XM isn't making the characters. I just don't want anything to do with Sideshow anymore. I'm pretty sure I've gotten more statues with issues from them than I have flawless statues and now they think their PFs are worth $500+. Then if you resell them people want perfection and below retail pricing. I have yet to get a XM piece with anything wrong.

By the way, Squirrel Girl is apparently Batman's equal in impossibly winning battles against more powerful characters.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Maybe on the droids, but the aliens use the same body underneath the clothes as the rest of the figures so I'm sure they are just as floppy. I think no preorders is the way to go from now on. Cancelling with NRDs has wasted a good amount of money. I did preorder two things this week though: the Guardians and Spiderman steelbooks. :p

I'm starting to think custom statues is the way to go for 1/4 if XM isn't making the characters. I just don't want anything to do with Sideshow anymore. I'm pretty sure I've gotten more statues with issues from them than I have flawless statues and now they think their PFs are worth $500+. Then if you resell them people want perfection and below retail pricing. I have yet to get a XM piece with anything wrong.

By the way, Squirrel Girl is apparently Batman's equal in impossibly winning battles against more powerful characters.

I just hate eating NRDs. I basically have no one to blame but myself when that happens, so I have to be smarter when I order stuff. I preordered the Guardians Steelbook too. :) I'm not ready to commit on Spidey yet. I'll probably get there as release date gets closer but I have to get my mind in a place to accept so much forced Iron Man in there. I also preordered the Alien Covenant Steelbook.

How is the quality on the customs? They look really awesome, but I have no experience with them. I can't say I blame you for not wanting anything to do with SS. Especially after your Jango had a couple issues. This company has gone from "I hope my piece arrives okay" to "I hope my piece only has a couple of issues". And then they increase their prices. :rofl:

:rolleyes: Someone seems butthurt this morning realizing that their beloved Superman will never be as awesome as Batman. He's just a nerd with goofy hair, and he doesn't have a Batmobile. :p

• Thanks
I just hate eating NRDs. I basically have no one to blame but myself when that happens, so I have to be smarter when I order stuff. I preordered the Guardians Steelbook too. :) I'm not ready to commit on Spidey yet. I'll probably get there as release date gets closer but I have to get my mind in a place to accept so much forced Iron Man in there. I also preordered the Alien Covenant Steelbook.

How is the quality on the customs? They look really awesome, but I have no experience with them. I can't say I blame you for not wanting anything to do with SS. Especially after your Jango had a couple issues. This company has gone from "I hope my piece arrives okay" to "I hope my piece only has a couple of issues". And then they increase their prices. :rofl:

:rolleyes: Someone seems butthurt this morning realizing that their beloved Superman will never be as awesome as Batman. He's just a nerd with goofy hair, and he doesn't have a Batmobile. :p

Nice! I just ordered both so I could get free shipping. I never got to see Alien Covenant. I need to go watch the new Apes movie!

I've honestly never bought a custom, but they look great in pictures and people seem happy with them. Yeah I'm just tired of Sideshow. I should have stopped after that crappy Batgirl they sent me.

I'm just more annoyed that they've let Squirrel Girl defeat Thanos. I mean come on! As much as I dislike Batman, I really liked that Iron Studios statue and now you can get the black version through Sideshow...I found your next purchase:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...C+Comics+Statue&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

• Helpful Post
Nice! I just ordered both so I could get free shipping. I never got to see Alien Covenant. I need to go watch the new Apes movie!

I've honestly never bought a custom, but they look great in pictures and people seem happy with them. Yeah I'm just tired of Sideshow. I should have stopped after that crappy Batgirl they sent me.

I'm just more annoyed that they've let Squirrel Girl defeat Thanos. I mean come on! As much as I dislike Batman, I really liked that Iron Studios statue and now you can get the black version through Sideshow...I found your next purchase:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-black-edition-iron-studios-903039/?affiliate=MarvelousStatues%7C&utm_source=MarvelousStatues&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Batman+Black+Edition+DC+Comics+Statue&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

I always preorder two at the same time to get the free shipping too lol. I'll probably wait for the new Apes to get to HBO. That's what I did with the last two.

What happened with your Batgirl? That's one I had on order but ended up cancelling.

Thankfully I'm not familiar enough with Squirrel Girl to care LMAO! I'm sure you are quite agitated though.

Wow! Hmm.. I really wanted their Blue version but everyone wanted a ridiculous amount for it. If SS would have carried that one I might have ordered it. This Black version looks even better I think. The suit color scheme may be a little too close to Keaton's though. I'm going to definitely think about this. Do you know how Iron Studio's QC is? I was actually planning to get the Prime 1 1:3 Arkham Knight Batman, but now I am really liking this one too. Hmmm...

Edit: How did you find this piece? Didn't we talk about not going to the Sideshow website anymore? Or was that just me? :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I always preorder two at the same time to get the free shipping too lol. I'll probably wait for the new Apes to get to HBO. That's what I did with the last two.

What happened with your Batgirl? That's one I had on order but ended up cancelling.

Thankfully I'm not familiar enough with Squirrel Girl to care LMAO! I'm sure you are quite agitated though.

Wow! Hmm.. I really wanted their Blue version but everyone wanted a ridiculous amount for it. If SS would have carried that one I might have ordered it. This Black version looks even better I think. The suit color scheme may be a little too close to Keaton's though. I'm going to definitely think about this. Do you know how Iron Studio's QC is? I was actually planning to get the 1:3 Arkham Knight Batman, but now I am really liking this one too. Hmmm...

Squirrel Girl has the power of squirrels. She can jump really high and has slightly above average strength. She can also communicate with squirrels and has two squirrel friends. She defeated Thanos. Hulk can't even beat Thanos. Apparently she also has a stinky squirrel pheromone smell because Daredevil could barely stand to be around her, ha.

I actually like the blue/grey Batman look better than the all black or the black/grey version, but that's just me. That original one cost so much money though! I just think it's a cool design on top of the bat signal like that. Plus it's gigantic! I'm hoping they will make a Superman now that Sideshow can apparently carry them. I know the Iron Studios Spider-Man was kind of a disaster, but I've heard people say all of the other MCU statues have been great. So maybe they learned their lesson?

So my Batgirl had this nice black paint spot on her chest. Sideshow told me they had no replacements for it and actually advised me to try to rub it off with a magic eraser. Seriously. They gave me a $40 refund, but only in the form of store credit. I should have just sent it back, but at the time I was such a DC completest that I didn't want to miss out (since she was sold out...until they magically got another batch, but yet they didn't have a replacement body for me).

35789119701_77317264d8_k.jpg

• Thanks