STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Squirrel Girl has the power of squirrels. She can jump really high and has slightly above average strength. She can also communicate with squirrels and has two squirrel friends. She defeated Thanos. Hulk can't even beat Thanos. Apparently she also has a stinky squirrel pheromone smell because Daredevil could barely stand to be around her, ha.

I actually like the blue/grey Batman look better than the all black or the black/grey version, but that's just me. That original one cost so much money though! I just think it's a cool design on top of the bat signal like that. Plus it's gigantic! I'm hoping they will make a Superman now that Sideshow can apparently carry them. I know the Iron Studios Spider-Man was kind of a disaster, but I've heard people say all of the other MCU statues have been great. So maybe they learned their lesson?

So my Batgirl had this nice black paint spot on her chest. Sideshow told me they had no replacements for it and actually advised me to try to rub it off with a magic eraser. Seriously. They gave me a $40 refund, but only in the form of store credit. I should have just sent it back, but at the time I was such a DC completest that I didn't want to miss out (since she was sold out...until they magically got another batch, but yet they didn't have a replacement body for me).

35789119701_77317264d8_k.jpg

This is why I don't read Marvel :rofl:. How does she beat Thanos?

I really like the blue and grey version too. I actually really like the blue and grey look in the comics. A lot of people around my age seem to not like that look, but I think its so classic. That's why I liked the Modern Age Bats PF more than their black/grey one. It could be a good thing for you that they didn't make Supes first now that SS can carry their stuff. I still don't know why they didn't carry their first Batman. I forgot about their Spider-Man, that thing was a disaster. Its good to hear their others have improved but I'm still a bit apprehensive to order anything from them, especially at $1K. Maybe I should try out a couple of their overpriced 1:10 scales first, just to get a feel for their quality.

That sucks. Gotta love it when SS pulls their "we don't have any replacements" b.s.

Did you see this thing: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/batman-statue-gotham-nightmares/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
This is why I don't read Marvel :rofl:. How does she beat Thanos?

I really like the blue and grey version too. I actually really like the blue and grey look in the comics. A lot of people around my age seem to not like that look, but I think its so classic. That's why I liked the Modern Age Bats PF more than their black/grey one. It could be a good thing for you that they didn't make Supes first now that SS can carry their stuff. I still don't know why they didn't carry their first Batman. I forgot about their Spider-Man, that thing was a disaster. Its good to hear their others have improved but I'm still a bit apprehensive to order anything from them, especially at $1K. Maybe I should try out a couple of their overpriced 1:10 scales first, just to get a feel for their quality.

That sucks. Gotta love it when SS pulls their "we don't have any replacements" b.s.

Did you see this thing: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/batman-statue-gotham-nightmares/

I don't know. She's such a dumb character! She has also defeated Deadpool and Dr. Doom. You know all her fans are going to be super annoying pointing out how amazing she is. I think I'll just start saying Galactus is my favorite character, pretty much nobody can beat him. Except probably Squirrel Girl of course.

Yeah I only had the blue/grey version with the yellow utility belt for my Mattel DC Collection. I passed on the rest of the Batmans they made. Well I'm sure they won't make Superman next either! I complain a lot. I'm guessing you won't PO that Batman anyhow, but I wouldn't order it until they at least set an ES. If it's high, you could probably buy it cheaper later on.

That Batman is interesting. I'm sure a bunch of people will love it. There are lots of people who just buy cool statues regardless of the characters.

I just bought a 1:6 AT-AT driver for $150 shipped. We'll see how the body is since it's a Sideshow figure. I need to find generic stands that I can use for all my figures, but I haven't quite found any I like. The generic ones I keep seeing come with name plates which I wouldn't want on there. I need to have my collection be the same, ha.

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
I don't know. She's such a dumb character! She has also defeated Deadpool and Dr. Doom. You know all her fans are going to be super annoying pointing out how amazing she is. I think I'll just start saying Galactus is my favorite character, pretty much nobody can beat him. Except probably Squirrel Girl of course.

Yeah I only had the blue/grey version with the yellow utility belt for my Mattel DC Collection. I passed on the rest of the Batmans they made. Well I'm sure they won't make Superman next either! I complain a lot. I'm guessing you won't PO that Batman anyhow, but I wouldn't order it until they at least set an ES. If it's high, you could probably buy it cheaper later on.

That Batman is interesting. I'm sure a bunch of people will love it. There are lots of people who just buy cool statues regardless of the characters.

I just bought a 1:6 AT-AT driver for $150 shipped. We'll see how the body is since it's a Sideshow figure. I need to find generic stands that I can use for all my figures, but I haven't quite found any I like. The generic ones I keep seeing come with name plates which I wouldn't want on there. I need to have my collection be the same, ha.

How big is her fan base? I guess if she keeps beating all the popular characters that's only going to increase her popularity. Psshhht Squirrel Girl can totally beat Galactus! :p

Well considering they aren't pumping out Superman statues like they are Batman ones I think your complaints are warranted. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to p.o. the IS Batman. This is one I'll think about for quite awhile. IIRC their first Batman had a super low ES, I think it was 100 for the EX and 300 for the Reg. That's a big reason why that one is so expensive.

Awesome! Now you just need a 1:6 AT-AT ;). I hope it holds up for you, that's a very reasonable price.

• Thanks
How big is her fan base? I guess if she keeps beating all the popular characters that's only going to increase her popularity. Psshhht Squirrel Girl can totally beat Galactus! :p

Well considering they aren't pumping out Superman statues like they are Batman ones I think your complaints are warranted. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to p.o. the IS Batman. This is one I'll think about for quite awhile. IIRC their first Batman had a super low ES, I think it was 100 for the EX and 300 for the Reg. That's a big reason why that one is so expensive.

Awesome! Now you just need a 1:6 AT-AT ;). I hope it holds up for you, that's a very reasonable price.

I saw a fair amount of Squirrel Girl costumes at ECCC. I think she's popular among younger people, especially girls I'm guessing. I'm sure she could defeat everyone! Except Batman of course.

Good call on not P.O.'ing Batman. We shall be our own support group, ha. I wonder what Lou is up to, haven't heard from him in quite a while. I'm guessing he's riding up a storm in this nice weather (I'm assuming it's nice there, it's way too hot to do anything here).

1:6 AT-AT would take up my entire basement, ha. Totally be worth it though. I could mount a flat screen on the side of it! How tall are the ceilings in your place?

• Thanks
I saw a fair amount of Squirrel Girl costumes at ECCC. I think she's popular among younger people, especially girls I'm guessing. I'm sure she could defeat everyone! Except Batman of course.

Good call on not P.O.'ing Batman. We shall be our own support group, ha. I wonder what Lou is up to, haven't heard from him in quite a while. I'm guessing he's riding up a storm in this nice weather (I'm assuming it's nice there, it's way too hot to do anything here).

1:6 AT-AT would take up my entire basement, ha. Totally be worth it though. I could mount a flat screen on the side of it! How tall are the ceilings in your place?

:rofl: That's hilarious! You hate him so much! :LOL: So I looked into Squirrel Girl and apparently that hot chick from the AT&T commercials has been cast to play her in a new Marvel TV show.

Yes, that's exactly what we need! He texted me like a week ago and said he couldn't get this website to post again. He's been posting multiple pics every day on Instagram riding all over the place. I'm so jealous lol. He's wearing that awesome Boba Fett helmet out there too!

I don't remember, not that tall though. I remember I was looking at the 4-tier Bestas and they wouldn't fit. A 1:6 AT-AT would be huge!

• Thanks
:rofl: That's hilarious! You hate him so much! :LOL: So I looked into Squirrel Girl and apparently that hot chick from the AT&T commercials has been cast to play her in a new Marvel TV show.

Yes, that's exactly what we need! He texted me like a week ago and said he couldn't get this website to post again. He's been posting multiple pics every day on Instagram riding all over the place. I'm so jealous lol. He's wearing that awesome Boba Fett helmet out there too!

I don't remember, not that tall though. I remember I was looking at the 4-tier Bestas and they wouldn't fit. A 1:6 AT-AT would be huge!

Oh yeah, I heard that girl is playing her in a tv show. She is hot!

So as my group support person should I send my Jango back? I'm actually thinking about it. I thought the two Fetts would look cool, but I'm kinda underwhelmed especially with the foot not fitting in and the size overall. Apparently a bunch of people's guns aren't straight, I haven't checked that yet. I could exchange him for Maul...

Would the 93" Pax fit? That's what I wanted to get, but my downstairs ceilings are like 91" so that didn't work. It would have been nice having 30" of height in each section!

• Thanks
Oh yeah, I heard that girl is playing her in a tv show. She is hot!

So as my group support person should I send my Jango back? I'm actually thinking about it. I thought the two Fetts would look cool, but I'm kinda underwhelmed especially with the foot not fitting in and the size overall. Apparently a bunch of people's guns aren't straight, I haven't checked that yet. I could exchange him for Maul...

Would the 93" Pax fit? That's what I wanted to get, but my downstairs ceilings are like 91" so that didn't work. It would have been nice having 30" of height in each section!

I know that girl is smoking!

I didn't want to sound like a dick, but I was going to ask if you were going to send Jango back lol. My OCD wouldn't even be able to handle the bent rangefinder, not to mention it not fitting into the base. For $500 I wouldn't settle for good enough, and its not even good enough :LOL:. I know when you first get a new piece after spending so much sometimes its hard to even admit to yourself its flawed. Both of the Mythos pieces that I had had issues and I couldn't even admit to myself they were messed up until a few months after I had them. As your group support person I say send Jango packing as soon as you can lol. They'll probably try to offer you like a $40 credit, so you end up spending even more money with them later, but I say eff that! From the pics I've seen of Maul so far he looks good and it looks like the QC is better. I was actually thinking of getting him, but I'm done with SS.

I think a 93" PAX would fit, but I think just by and inch or two. Having 30" of height in each shelf would be freaking awesome for 1:3, but I'm not quite so sure I'm going to get enough of them to fill up a PAX. As my group support member you should discourage me at all costs from buying anymore statues and start saving for a 4K TV instead ;).

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I know that girl is smoking!

I didn't want to sound like a dick, but I was going to ask if you were going to send Jango back lol. My OCD wouldn't even be able to handle the bent rangefinder, not to mention it not fitting into the base. For $500 I wouldn't settle for good enough, and its not even good enough :LOL:. I know when you first get a new piece after spending so much sometimes its hard to even admit to yourself its flawed. Both of the Mythos pieces that I had had issues and I couldn't even admit to myself they were messed up until a few months after I had them. As your group support person I say send Jango packing as soon as you can lol. They'll probably try to offer you like a $40 credit, so you end up spending even more money with them later, but I say eff that! From the pics I've seen of Maul so far he looks good and it looks like the QC is better. I was actually thinking of getting him, but I'm done with SS.

I think a 93" PAX would fit, but I think just by and inch or two. Having 30" of height in each shelf would be freaking awesome for 1:3, but I'm not quite so sure I'm going to get enough of them to fill up a PAX. As my group support member you should discourage me at all costs from buying anymore statues and start saving for a 4K TV instead ;).

Ha, I want a 4K TV too! I was putting some money away to have an egress window installed because I have a third bedroom that legally can't be used as a bedroom because it has no window. But I got a letter from my HOA today that they denied my request. Apparently I can't make any changes to the outside structure of the building. If you ever buy a place, I highly recommend not getting a townhouse or condo with an HOA. If I had known the things I know now, I would be living somewhere different! I honestly was just mostly too lazy to take care of a yard, ha. Sorry, I went off tangent there. So what I'm saying is we should both save up for a 4K TV now! Have you looked at them? Do you have any in mind? I was trying to decide if I want to go for size at 75" or if I should get the best picture which I think is an OLED, but their 55" is about all I could afford.

You could get two of those PAX, put your Superman and Batman on the top shelves of both of them (which would take up over half) and then your 1:3 Harley and your eventual 1:3 Batman below. Slap some glass doors on there and you could be done collecting. ;)

I may send it back. I'm pretty sure they have a 30-day policy where you can send things back with no questions asked. The guy I shipped my Maul to filed a claim through my account for a new head so I don't want to get my account closed for too many issues. Although maybe it would be the best thing that happened to me if I got banned from Sideshow!

EDIT: I filled out a request form right after I typed this out. I think I'll wait to see if Hot Toys ever releases their 1:4 Vader. A pairing of Boba and Vader on my speakers would be better.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Ha, I want a 4K TV too! I was putting some money away to have an egress window installed because I have a third bedroom that legally can't be used as a bedroom because it has no window. But I got a letter from my HOA today that they denied my request. Apparently I can't make any changes to the outside structure of the building. If you ever buy a place, I highly recommend not getting a townhouse or condo with an HOA. If I had known the things I know now, I would be living somewhere different! I honestly was just mostly too lazy to take care of a yard, ha. Sorry, I went off tangent there. So what I'm saying is we should both save up for a 4K TV now! Have you looked at them? Do you have any in mind? I was trying to decide if I want to go for size at 75" or if I should get the best picture which I think is an OLED, but their 55" is about all I could afford.

You could get two of those PAX, put your Superman and Batman on the top shelves of both of them (which would take up over half) and then your 1:3 Harley and your eventual 1:3 Batman below. Slap some glass doors on there and you could be done collecting. ;)

I may send it back. I'm pretty sure they have a 30-day policy where you can send things back with no questions asked. The guy I shipped my Maul to filed a claim through my account for a new head so I don't want to get my account closed for too many issues. Although maybe it would be the best thing that happened to me if I got banned from Sideshow!

EDIT: I filled out a request form right after I typed this out. I think I'll wait to see if Hot Toys ever releases their 1:4 Vader. A pairing of Boba and Vader on my speakers would be better.

That sounds terrible. Luckily I've never had to go through trying to add anything on to my place. I was looking at a 65" 4K 3D LED a few months ago. It was $1700 at Best Buy but as far as I can tell that was a 2016 model and its already discontinued. The problem with me is I also love 3D so I have to make sure that I get a tv that has that too, and although I think the OLEDs are by far the best, there aren't that many out there with that feature that aren't super expensive. I think the one I was "looking" at was around $3K for a 65". I definitely don't have that now and won't for quite some time. I would have been able to get the $1700 one, but I ordered the 1:2 Batfleck instead. I think whatever I go with would probably have to be under $2k.

I should just quit now LOL. I definitely wouldn't want to put the 1:2s in any kind of cabinet, there is just so much to see from all angles of them, and I would never want to block any of the angles off by cabinet walls. I'll probably just stick with the bestas for now for 1:3 stuff, we'll see what happens. I have no funds for new statues right now anyways and who knows what I'll want to buy by the time I do. Maybe by then I'll be ready to take the Hot Toys Star Wars plunge :).

So the guy that got your Maul had issues too? So that means both of your most recent Sideshow pieces had issues. :facepalm: This company must be stopped!!!

Good to hear you filled out the form :thumbs:. You also got to think with how poor the resale value of everything in the secondary market is, just how much more you'd lose with those issues if you ever wanted to sell it. I think Vader will probably look even better next to Boba anyways!

Lets have fun and talk about all the issues I've had with all of my Sideshow pieces going back from the beginning of my collecting, three years ago. :p
1. Batman PF, chipped ear and paint flaws on one head, slight scratch on the outfit below bat symbol. 2. Darth Maul Mythos, slight paint chips throughout the piece, large black area underneath midsection that looks like it was re-glued, scratch on robe that was obviously repainted sloppily with sharpie, and chipped horn on the back of one of the heads. 3. Darth Vader Mythos, small chip on the bottom of cape, missing lightsaber hilt when received, sloppy paintjob (this came with the "this package may appear to have been opened for quality check" b.s.letter) 4. Harley Quinn PF, one foot would not reach the bottom of the base and just hovered a half a centimeter above it. 5. Stormtrooper PF, small chip on bottom of boot. 6. C-3PO PF, finger broken off (it was a clean break, so I just re-glued it :facepalm:) 7. Kylo Ren PF, saber bent within 2 months.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
That sounds terrible. Luckily I've never had to go through trying to add anything on to my place. I was looking at a 65" 4K 3D LED a few months ago. It was $1700 at Best Buy but as far as I can tell that was a 2016 model and its already discontinued. The problem with me is I also love 3D so I have to make sure that I get a tv that has that too, and although I think the OLEDs are by far the best, there aren't that many out there with that feature that aren't super expensive. I think the one I was "looking" at was around $3K for a 65". I definitely don't have that now and won't for quite some time. I would have been able to get the $1700 one, but I ordered the 1:2 Batfleck instead. I think whatever I go with would probably have to be under $2k.

I should just quit now LOL. I definitely wouldn't want to put the 1:2s in any kind of cabinet, there is just so much to see from all angles of them, and I would never want to block any of the angles off by cabinet walls. I'll probably just stick with the bestas for now for 1:3 stuff, we'll see what happens. I have no funds for new statues right now anyways and who knows what I'll want to buy by the time I do. Maybe by then I'll be ready to take the Hot Toys Star Wars plunge :).

So the guy that got your Maul had issues too? So that means both of your most recent Sideshow pieces had issues. :facepalm: This company must be stopped!!!

Good to hear you filled out the form :thumbs:. You also got to think with how poor the resale value of everything in the secondary market is, just how much more you'd lose with those issues if you ever wanted to sell it. I think Vader will probably look even better next to Boba anyways!

Lets have fun and talk about all the issues I've had with all of my Sideshow pieces going back from the beginning of my collecting, three years ago. :p
1. Batman PF, chipped ear and paint flaws on one head, slight scratch on the outfit below bat symbol. 2. Darth Maul Mythos, slight paint chips throughout the piece, large black area underneath midsection that looks like it was re-glued, scratch on robe that was obviously repainted sloppily with sharpie, and chipped horn on the back of one of the heads. 3. Darth Vader Mythos, small chip on the bottom of cape, missing lightsaber hilt when received, sloppy paintjob (this came with the "this package may appear to have been opened for quality check" b.s.letter) 4. Harley Quinn PF, one foot would not reach the bottom of the base and just hovered a half a centimeter above it. 5. Stormtrooper PF, small chip on bottom of boot. 6. C-3PO PF, finger broken off (it was a clean break, so I just re-glued it :facepalm:) 7. Kylo Ren PF, saber bent within 2 months.

Do you think you'd go with a 65" if you got a 4K? I really want to go all out and get a 75" if I'm going to upgrade. Of course those 65" OLEDs are so nice. Not that I have the money to worry about it at the moment, ha ha. I think 3D is going to disappear again, but I'm not sure...

Good gosh, so many issues! I think it would be shorter to list the statues that I DIDN'T have issues with, ha. Let's see, we've already discussed Maul, Fett, Batgirl, and Darkseid of mine. Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman both had sloppy paint. Lobo had markings all over his chest (that luckily came off with a pencil eraser). My Batman had a chip in his cape. The base on my Commander Cody was all scratched up. Now for my XM issues: Okay, there have been zero.

Did you see what Hot Toys announced today? That would be Tarkin.

attachment.php

Finally! So, what'd I miss?

Hey, welcome back! Josh and I have decided to boycott Sideshow products and to stop preordering stuff. That's about it.

Finally! So, what'd I miss?

Holy crap, he's alive! :p

Adam and I each got a super expensive statue, and like Adam said we've sworn off all Sideshow products. And I feel great about it!

Do you think you'd go with a 65" if you got a 4K? I really want to go all out and get a 75" if I'm going to upgrade. Of course those 65" OLEDs are so nice. Not that I have the money to worry about it at the moment, ha ha. I think 3D is going to disappear again, but I'm not sure...

Good gosh, so many issues! I think it would be shorter to list the statues that I DIDN'T have issues with, ha. Let's see, we've already discussed Maul, Fett, Batgirl, and Darkseid of mine. Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman both had sloppy paint. Lobo had markings all over his chest (that luckily came off with a pencil eraser). My Batman had a chip in his cape. The base on my Commander Cody was all scratched up. Now for my XM issues: Okay, there have been zero.

attachment.php

Hey, welcome back! Josh and I have decided to boycott Sideshow products and to stop preordering stuff. That's about it.

I'd love to go with a 75", but I don't think I'm willing to spend that much on a tv. I think $2k is going to be my limit. Maybe I'll just wait longer for them to come down even more. I know 3D is on its way out again, I'm one of the few that love it and I've got a bunch of 3D Blu's I'm not willing to give up watching.

Its like almost all of my newer SS pieces have had some type of issue, I think 4 or 5 of them didn't, all of my really old SW PFs were much better.

They just keep cranking them out. I can't wait to see the Peter Cushing likeness.

Adam and I each got a super expensive statue, and like Adam said we've sworn off all Sideshow products. And I feel great about it!

I'd love to go with a 75", but I don't think I'm willing to spend that much on a tv. I think $2k is going to be my limit. Maybe I'll just wait longer for them to come down even more. I know 3D is on its way out again, I'm one of the few that love it and I've got a bunch of 3D Blu's I'm not willing to give up watching.

Its like almost all of my newer SS pieces have had some type of issue, I think 4 or 5 of them didn't, all of my really old SW PFs were much better.

They just keep cranking them out. I can't wait to see the Peter Cushing likeness.

Oh yeah, with all of our Sideshow bashing I almost forgot that we both got awesome statues by other companies. Lou really needs to scroll back and check out your 1:3 Harley!

I just feel if I'm going to upgrade my TV then I'm going to go all out. Last time I looked at them the 75" size definitely blew me away. I'll probably keep waiting for the price to come down, but I'm sure they'll just keep coming out with new technology to keep the prices up.

I'm definitely excited to see the Tarkin likeness. They could reuse his uniform and make some of the other officers if they wanted. Although the only other one that really ever stood out to me was Admiral Piett. I'm hoping this opens the door for Krenic. And they still need to make Cassian!

Oh yeah, with all of our Sideshow bashing I almost forgot that we both got awesome statues by other companies. Lou really needs to scroll back and check out your 1:3 Harley!

I just feel if I'm going to upgrade my TV then I'm going to go all out. Last time I looked at them the 75" size definitely blew me away. I'll probably keep waiting for the price to come down, but I'm sure they'll just keep coming out with new technology to keep the prices up.

I'm definitely excited to see the Tarkin likeness. They could reuse his uniform and make some of the other officers if they wanted. Although the only other one that really ever stood out to me was Admiral Piett. I'm hoping this opens the door for Krenic. And they still need to make Cassian!

He needs to check out your Kingpin too! I still can't get over those awesome chess pieces.

Speaking of chess should I get this or is it too nerdy?

https://www.noblecollection.com/Item--i-CSS-BT-4209 Its crazy expensive, but I was thinking more about it as a display piece, instead of a chess set I'd actually use.

Maybe I need to go look at them again. The last time I actually looked at them in person was about 2 years ago, and the biggest they had in store was a 65", and it blew me away. The rest I've just look at online. I'm just not prepared to spend 75" prices, but that's probably what I should get.

I'm sure HT will reuse the uniform over and over again at $220+ each. I definitely wouldn't be willing to spend that, I'd probably just buy the other head sculpts off ebay and pop them on it to change it up :p. I'd be really interested in Krennic, I still love that outfit!

attachment.php

Welcome to the club guys! Lmao! It was bad enough with poor QC at the old prices. Now they want more with no improvement in QC, packaging, or CS. I want those statues, but can't bring myself to buy when the price us so high, and I know what I'll end up getting.

Haha! Pinky swear?

I Did! Congrats! That rear shot !!

He needs to check out your Kingpin too! I still can't get over those awesome chess pieces.

https://www.noblecollection.com/Item--i-CSS-BT-4209 Its crazy expensive, but I was thinking more about it as a display piece, instead of a chess set I'd actually use.

Maybe I need to go look at them again. The last time I actually looked at them in person was about 2 years ago, and the biggest they had in store was a 65", and it blew me away. The rest I've just look at online. I'm just not prepared to spend 75" prices, but that's probably what I should get.

I'm sure HT will reuse the uniform over and over again at $220+ each. I definitely wouldn't be willing to spend that, I'd probably just buy the other head sculpts off ebay and pop them on it to change it up :p. I'd be really interested in Krennic, I still love that outfit!

Nice! Damn those look Good! Congrats to you both.

Any news on the XM Star Wars stuff?

That's a really cool set. I have never played chess though, and that's almost enough money to get another 1:3 piece so I would vote no personally. But if you like chess and have a display spot for it then I say it's cool enough to get.

Yeah it will definitely be a slow and picky process getting a new TV. What brand do you usually go with?

Welcome to the club guys! Lmao! It was bad enough with poor QC at the old prices. Now they want more with no improvement in QC, packaging, or CS. I want those statues, but can't bring myself to buy when the price us so high, and I know what I'll end up getting.

Haha! Pinky swear?

I know it's so frustrating. Sideshow shows these amazing prototypes, but it took me long enough to realize that's not what I'll actually get when I open the box. I still have two statues on order with them, but after that I'm not buying anymore statues UNLESS I see pictures after it's out that everyone has received a flawlessly done piece. So basically what I'm saying is I'll never buy another Sideshow statue, ha ha. Definitely no more preorders on anything either unless I can do it through BBTS because they offer $4 flat rate shipping and don't have NRDs on 1:6 stuff.

I don't think we'll hear anything about XM Star Wars until STGCC (Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention) and that's not until September 9-10. Although I just realized that's pretty soon! People in the know are saying we should hear something about the DC license then so hopefully they have more Star Wars news as well! I'd really like to see their Maul and Grievous statues even if I have no intention of buying them.

That's a really cool set. I have never played chess though, and that's almost enough money to get another 1:3 piece so I would vote no personally. But if you like chess and have a display spot for it then I say it's cool enough to get.

Yeah it will definitely be a slow and picky process getting a new TV. What brand do you usually go with?

I know it's so frustrating. Sideshow shows these amazing prototypes, but it took me long enough to realize that's not what I'll actually get when I open the box. I still have two statues on order with them, but after that I'm not buying anymore statues UNLESS I see pictures after it's out that everyone has received a flawlessly done piece. So basically what I'm saying is I'll never buy another Sideshow statue, ha ha. Definitely no more preorders on anything either unless I can do it through BBTS because they offer $4 flat rate shipping and don't have NRDs on 1:6 stuff.

I don't think we'll hear anything about XM Star Wars until STGCC (Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention) and that's not until September 9-10. Although I just realized that's pretty soon! People in the know are saying we should hear something about the DC license then so hopefully they have more Star Wars news as well! I'd really like to see their Maul and Grievous statues even if I have no intention of buying them.

I know! I don't care how many statues they release in a year or 2. Just make them awesome! I hope Maul and Grievous are shown! I cant find the Vader trio up for preorder yet, so I'm guessing they are still fine tuning it.

Man, I haven't felt the need to upgrade my TV or system at all. I used to do it every couple years.

I know! I don't care how many statues they release in a year or 2. Just make them awesome! I hope Maul and Grievous are shown! I cant find the Vader trio up for preorder yet, so I'm guessing they are still fine tuning it.

Man, I haven't felt the need to upgrade my TV or system at all. I used to do it every couple years.

Well my TV is probably 9 years old. I bought it when the HD TVs were first coming out and it's not even a Smart TV. I have to use my blu-ray player to stream stuff and that thing freezes all of the time. Josh has been nudging me towards getting a PS4. :p

The Vader trio hasn't officially been put up for order on the XM site yet, however they were taking orders from people who were present at the convention where they showed them behind curtains. I know one of the guys I've ordered XM pieces from has a Vader trio preorder available. It's interesting, one of the guys who gets me XM stuff lives in Singapore and he just goes down to their office and orders stuff from them. I know they also had a warehouse barbecue a few weeks ago where people could come and preorder things that aren't up for sale on their site yet. I actually have the Doc Ock secured because of that!

I like your new avatar! How much riding have you been doing lately?

Haha! Pinky swear?

Thanks man!

I so hope I'm done with SS. Did you read the post that the saber on my Kylo PF bent already? I'm so f****ing pissed! I already sold that p.o.s. Whatever you do don't buy that thing! Eff Sideshow!

I'm definitely not a chess player, but I really love the look of the set. I really love the pieces, and I absolutely love the 3D light up board. If I got it I'd just use it as a display piece. I don't think I'd get it, but I have been eyeing it for almost 2 years :ohno:.

I usually go with either Samsung or Sony. But I haven't even read up on any consumer reports on either of them in years.

If I get into HTs I'm probably going to go the BBTS route too to avoid the NRDs. I wish it was the same with statues, but their NRDs are insane on those.

I think my TV is 5 years old. I don't even remember when I bought it lol.

Well my TV is probably 9 years old. I bought it when the HD TVs were first coming out and it's not even a Smart TV. I have to use my blu-ray player to stream stuff and that thing freezes all of the time. Josh has been nudging me towards getting a PS4. :p

The Vader trio hasn't officially been put up for order on the XM site yet, however they were taking orders from people who were present at the convention where they showed them behind curtains. I know one of the guys I've ordered XM pieces from has a Vader trio preorder available. It's interesting, one of the guys who gets me XM stuff lives in Singapore and he just goes down to their office and orders stuff from them. I know they also had a warehouse barbecue a few weeks ago where people could come and preorder things that aren't up for sale on their site yet. I actually have the Doc Ock secured because of that!

I like your new avatar! How much riding have you been doing lately?

You need a PS4 like yesterday! Get on that thing already :p.

I still don't even know how XM works. So its not on the site yet, but they are taking preorders? This company is so confusing lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Thanks man!

I so hope I'm done with SS. Did you read the post that the saber on my Kylo PF bent already? I'm so f****ing pissed! I already sold that p.o.s. Whatever you do don't buy that thing! Eff Sideshow!

I'm definitely not a chess player, but I really love the look of the set. I really love the pieces, and I absolutely love the 3D light up board. If I got it I'd just use it as a display piece. I don't think I'd get it, but I have been eyeing it for almost 2 years :ohno:.

I usually go with either Samsung or Sony. But I haven't even read up on any consumer reports on either of them in years.

If I get into HTs I'm probably going to go the BBTS route too to avoid the NRDs. I wish it was the same with statues, but their NRDs are insane on those.

I think my TV is 5 years old. I don't even remember when I bought it lol.

You need a PS4 like yesterday! Get on that thing already :p.

I still don't even know how XM works. So its not on the site yet, but they are taking preorders? This company is so confusing lol.

Two years and you still haven't bought it? I guess I probably mulled over Gladiator Hulk for quite a long time before I finally pulled the trigger!

XM is goofy in that they will take preorders from people in person either at conventions or in their office. Maybe that's why their statues sell out so quickly once they go up for PO because by then there's not even 999 left! I guess I shouldn't say they are goofy, it's actually really awesome how much they interact with their fans. I mean throwing a luncheon at their warehouse as a customer appreciation is pretty awesome. Sideshow has gotten way too corporate and they should drop the word "Collectibles" from their name because 7,500 pieces is not a collectible.

So what figure would Hot Toys need to make for you to take the plunge?