SteelBook Accomplishments

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Thought it might be fun to read what others have accomplished ... or are about to accomplish etc.

Many collectors are different, but its fun to read what others are "working on" so to speak.

Are you collecting all of a particular Country? Are you collecting all of a certain movie? Director? Embossed/Debossed steels? Happy that you finally scored a rare one!?

Let's get to know each other, what is everyone all about!

Me: Inglourious Basterds Everything. Book of Eli Everything.

Working on: Always getting Pacino/De Niro editions.

Have: All Robin Hood steels, IB and BOE.

Working on sourcing every FNAC FR G2 release with the FNAC sticker and bonus. And I've been at it for years!

snail_2.jpg

A couple months ago, I completed my Fast Five steel collection with one of each unique artwork. DE first release, DE universal 100th, US, UK, FR, and AU Steelcase. I think the two German ones are my favorites :D

I'm also collecting steelbooks with unique embossing/debossing. I have Green Hornet, Jurassic Park trilogy DE, The Raid (for the two sided debossing), and Hunger Games D12 on its way soon. I told myself I'm not double dipping anymore, so I probably won't get the MIB Trilogy UK :(

I'm currently focussing on my Alien steelbook set...got anthology blu ray, avp Xbox game, all 5 definitive edition DVD's on the way and Prometheus...plenty to still get!

I FINALLY HAVE EVERY SINGLE TARANTINO STEELBOOK EVER RELEASED* :D

My first ever SB pickup was Kill Bill 1+2 from Canada decided recently to get every version. This includes any movie he's been in that's been turned into a steelbook.

He guest directed a scene in Sin City so I had to go and buy both versions :rolleyes: I've got from Dusk Till Dawn as well as the french version on pre-order. Also waiting on Pulp Fiction Japan.

*G2 (blu-ray only)

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
having every fnac SB that came with "STICKERS" EEK! sealed ;) to my knowlage..

and now trying to get 1 0r 2 that didnt come with these stickers & I missed , but not the G 2 ones :rolleyes: I caunt roll that way unfortunatly :ohno:

I have grown seemingly affectionate towards towards these French releases..:drool:

If I ever get a copy of THOR (AU/NZ) for my HDN buddy ... this will truely be an accomplishment :hilarious:

Accomplishment ? I guess getting all the steelbooks i like ...
I don't collect to get eccomplishments, like I don't play to get PSN Trophies, but I'm trying to complete the Alien/Predators series.
I only need the titles from the new Media Markt wave and the Prometheus steelbook. Together with the play.com Alien anthology steel, I'll consider it complete.
With the recent release of Terminator, I've also completed the Terminator series.
These 2 accomplishments are an exception, as I usually just buy a trilogy/quadrilogy steelbook for older titles, like the upcoming BTTF trilogy steel from Germany. So far I've already Alien anthology, the godfather, Matrix, Bourne, MiB and Spiderman.

Working on sourcing every FNAC FR G2 release with the FNAC sticker and bonus. And I've been at it for years!

snail_2.jpg

— – - — – - — – - — – -

Hub,

Your photo reminds me of a great scene—involving 2 of these creatures—in the film "Microcosmos," which I just watched last night. They were mating . . . talk about "a slow hand"—and other strategic body parts . . . If you haven't seen this film yet, it's well worth it.

Thanks for this great photo.

I recently finished the Harry Potter Futureshop Steelbook set.
Some stores have the first 6 films but the last 2 films, Deathly Hallows were sold out in my city. And the eBay prices for them were a bit ridculous, I thought I might have to drive to another city in order to search for them. But luckly I found someone who sold their practically mint conditions steelbooks to me.

Harry Potter is my first completed collection.

I might try to collect all the Marvel Steelbooks next.