SteelBook Accomplishments

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Thought it might be fun to read what others have accomplished ... or are about to accomplish etc.

Many collectors are different, but its fun to read what others are "working on" so to speak.

Are you collecting all of a particular Country? Are you collecting all of a certain movie? Director? Embossed/Debossed steels? Happy that you finally scored a rare one!?

Let's get to know each other, what is everyone all about!

Me: Inglourious Basterds Everything. Book of Eli Everything.

Working on: Always getting Pacino/De Niro editions.

Have: All Robin Hood steels, IB and BOE.

You just got Iron Man Future Shop Sealed ... dude, that is probably the biggest accomplishment!

Remember folks, just getting 1 steelbook of one you wanted for a long time is an accomplishment.

Never thought of it as an accomplishment of its own :hilarious:

Getting all the Inglourious Bastards + posters + figurines + customs bats etc., that's an accomplishment! Takes time and commitment!

dont really think im trying to collect all of anything, just the steels of movies i like. That and all Harrison Ford movies.

hey I love to get ALL Harrison Movies too in bluray!

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

How many is that my friend?

There is a big list by countries in other forums which I hope we can have a similar one here (mods, please? make one)....and I did start collecting just a little over a year ago so I think the addiction is doing fine...next year hopefully the cost and buying will be controlled...

but the only ones I'm missing are Indiana, Inglorious, Goldfinger and Rush...so any affordable ones that you guys see...please give me a shout...

PS...Biscuit's Avatar made my 3 year old laugh so hard the other night...he kept asking me to go back to your post because it's a Cookie with SHADES!! :hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: biscuitnoir

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

There is a big list by countries in other forums which I hope we can have a similar one here (mods, please? make one)....and I did start collecting just a little over a year ago so I think the addiction is doing fine...next year hopefully the cost and buying will be controlled...

but the only ones I'm missing are Indiana, Inglorious, Goldfinger and Rush...so any affordable ones that you guys see...please give me a shout...

PS...Biscuit's Avatar made my 3 year old laugh so hard the other night...he kept asking me to go back to your post because it's a Cookie with SHADES!! :hilarious:

Making a 3 year old laugh with an avatar... ok I think this is a bigger accomplishment than getting Iron Man FS sealed :joy:

Reactions: jbsolo
Bought and paid for is the Harry Potter FS editions from Drum's GB. Now hoping to get the bookcase box that they all fit in. I'm in the second reserve so we shall see. Thanks Drum. :D

Bought and paid for is the Harry Potter FS editions from Drum's GB. Now hoping to get the bookcase box that they all fit in. I'm in the second reserve so we shall see. Thanks Drum. :D

Good luck with the shelf my friend, I'm stressing out myself to get all the ones I'm supposed to. It's not going to be easy, it's really sought after!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I dont have any at present.

I think every Steel I manage to get is one in itself.

The only thing im really pleased about is getting the complete FS Harry Potter steels ( thanks to Felix Champs :D ).

If I manage to get IM FS ill put that as one though ;)

well...this might not be the accomplishment you want to achieve,
but....i know without a doubt that i hold the record for opening up more steelbooks in trying to find the MINT COPY for keeping it in my collection :(
i open all of my personal steelbooks and believe me,at least 50% of the time,they will have some impurities unfortunately if you unwrap them.i don't have an exact count but if i had to safely estimate,i have easily opened up over 600 steelbooks for the 250 or so i ended up keeping for my collection.some titles just takes one to open and find a mint one...others have taken sometimes 8-10 to find a mint one.one example of a title that has eluded me that has risen in value which i had no success in finding a mint copy was Zombieland.i recall opening at least 7 copies with no luck whatsoever...
thats my sad story :movie:

My accomplishment would definitely be to finally get a copy of Iron Man Future Shop. Its finally in my collection and I can say that after much frustration and a lot of chasing for months it found its way here. And the biggest kicker I paid $75 for it!

Bonus accomplishment getting Inglourious Basterds 1st release Future Shop in the same week.

But there is always more, lol, now I'm looking for Wanted MM and Zombieland!

My accomplishment would definitely be to finally get a copy of Iron Man Future Shop. Its finally in my collection and I can say that after much frustration and a lot of chasing for months it found its way here. And the biggest kicker I paid $75 for it!

Bonus accomplishment getting Inglourious Basterds 1st release Future Shop in the same week.

But there is always more, lol, now I'm looking for Wanted MM and Zombieland!

$75!!!EEK! Wow, nice job on that one. I just hope it wasn't run over by a steamroller and that's why the price was so low.

Anyways, Congrats on both steels.

We have a list by Countries, its on BSB site tho ... And other sites just update their lists based on our "Upcoming SteelBook Thread" ;)

Regardless, we got something better coming ............ soon.

but....i know without a doubt that i hold the record for opening up more steelbooks in trying to find the MINT COPY for keeping it in my collection :(
i open all of my personal steelbooks and believe me,at least 50% of the time,they will have some impurities unfortunately if you unwrap them.i don't have an exact count but if i had to safely estimate,i have easily opened up over 600 steelbooks for the 250 or so i ended up keeping for my collection.some titles just takes one to open and find a mint one...others have taken sometimes 8-10 to find a mint one.one example of a title that has eluded me that has risen in value which i had no success in finding a mint copy was Zombieland.i recall opening at least 7 copies with no luck whatsoever...thats my sad story :movie:

I guess I wont open any of my zombielands then. Too bad as it has some of the most kick ass front and rear cover of any steelbook. Awesome looking. :oohyeah:

Also is my favorite zombie movie. :scat:

i open all of my personal steelbooks and believe me,at least 50% of the time,they will have some impurities unfortunately if you unwrap them.i don't have an exact count but if i had to safely estimate,i have easily opened up over 600 steelbooks for the 250 or so i ended up keeping for my collection.some titles just takes one to open and find a mint one...others have taken sometimes 8-10 to find a mint one.one example of a title that has eluded me that has risen in value which i had no success in finding a mint copy was Zombieland.i recall opening at least 7 copies with no luck whatsoever...
thats my sad story :movie:
I have been considering opening my entire collection. Now you've scared the $&!? out of me. But I really feel I need to see inside these babies. :drool: Maybe I should do a biscuit and have an opening on YouTube, one steel per day for say ... 500 days! EEK!

My accomplishment is still having a roof over my head when my wife sees my collection and packages that have arrived over the years...:hilarious:

I wish they wouldn't have a paper slip on these steelbooks. I hate hidden dents under slips. Had that with Jurassic Park Best Buy.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

My accomplishment is still having a roof over my head when my wife sees my collection and packages that have arrived over the years...:hilarious:

If you ever want to get rid of any rare ones I am here for you. :hilarious:

Hey Chip...LOL I already did. I don't collect to collect anymore, or because of anticipated rarity. Never watched some of the stuff, and it made no sense anymore for me, personally. But to each their own! :scat:

Trying to finish the Harry Potter FS collection in one . I just started collecting not too long ago and man this is one expensive hobby.