Tangled (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #4) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: October 30, 2013
Purchase links: 1/4 Slip - Lenti
Price: $49.99 (Promotional price $44.99 first 5 days)
Note: Region Free
Total Print run : 3K
- Kimchi exclusive numbered : 2K (1/4 slip: 700, Lenticular: 1300)
- Non-kimchi exclusive : 1K (Regular slipcover: 1000)
Artwork: Gloss Finish/No embossed & debossed
Gift for Limited edition:
- Photo card, Storybook, Sticker book & numbered art card
List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Pre-orders start Sept. 16, 2013 @ 10h00 am Korean Time
[World Time converter]
time converter.JPG
- 1/4 Slip: Total package shot
???_???_????.jpg

- Lenticular: Total package shot
???_????_????.jpg

Tangled_Front.jpg

Tangled_back.jpg

Tangled_inside.jpg

Tangled_slip.jpg

Tangled_Lenticular.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by a moderator:
Sending it back was my initial thought, but I won this basically at cost which is almost impossible with this release. It sits fine while closed so it still looks great in the slip. I think I'm going to message the seller and see if there's any sort of compensation he'll give for this.

I don't think there is any compensation for a steelbook that is in two pieces. I wouldn't let the seller off easy if I were you. Get a full refund and send it back - even if it looks passable when closed, you'll never be fully happy with it and will always want a mint one.

I have seen a sealed Lenticular and a 1/4 slip sell for £45. Looks like someone got lucky as I think it ended at odd hours.

This is truly a beautiful release.

Pleasantly surprised to see this release bumped. This is the Steelbook that got me into the Steelbook game and when I bought it, I thought $49 was too steep of a price to pay. I would pay that price any day for the package and quality that this release had.

Things were quite different back in the day. It was as though Kimchi could not get rid of this steelbook, which always had me baffled. Definitely in my top 5 list.

Reactions: harry
To add on top of this, the seller shipped it in a small priority mail box with no padding whatsoever except for a SCF2 slip. The steel was just sliding and bouncing around in the box when I picked it up. I was amazed there was no damage to it. Sending it back was my initial thought, but I won this basically at cost which is almost impossible with this release. It sits fine while closed so it still looks great in the slip. I think I'm going to message the seller and see if there's any sort of compensation he'll give for this.

The seller was bigwillchevrolet1. I'll put it in the bad eBay traders thread like @mnementh suggested as well.
I know that the seller lied and it was not as described but if you are keeping it then it is VERY EASY to fix if the actual metal of the the front back and spine are undamaged. Just get a crap cheap 2 disc steel and take out the plastic innards . The spine is the trickiest bit but still relatively easy with some practice. You can then put the front and back and spine on the new plastic innards. Hey presto your steelbook is as good as new.

I know that the seller lied and it was not as described but if you are keeping it then it is VERY EASY to fix if the actual metal of the the front back and spine are undamaged. Just get a crap cheap 2 disc steel and take out the plastic innards . The spine is the trickiest bit but still relatively easy with some practice. You can then put the front and back and spine on the new plastic innards. Hey presto your steelbook is as good as new.

If you have to practice something then it can't be that easy.

If you have to practice something then it can't be that easy.
Even the easiest skill may need a little practice to master. Honestly it's pretty easy. You may only need to "practice " once on a unwanted steelbook. There are a lot of helpful instructional videos around.

I'm honestly probably going to give it a shot. I'll practice on one of my unwanted steels first obviously. The steel is in mint condition, so if I am definitely going to try and fix it. That seller is still getting negative feedback though, even if I pull it off.

Finally managed to get hold of a copy for an amazing price - the colours on this lenticular are stunning and the depth is as good as everyone says!
Great release from Kimchi and a must have addition to the collection :drool:

View media item 23259
Agree, it's an amazing package.

My only gripe is it's a pity it's one of the early ones with print on the back of the slip instead of full artwork.

This is how lenticulars and full gloss steelbooks should always be done though :drool:

Finally managed to get hold of a copy for an amazing price - the colours on this lenticular are stunning and the depth is as good as everyone says!
Great release from Kimchi and a must have addition to the collection :drool:

This is a true beauty. I know Kimchidvd have improvised on their goodies. Nevertheless this is a gorgeous release. Also takes you straight back to those good old days.

Can't think of a lenticular as bright and vivid as this one. Same goes for the steelbook actually. The lenticular is incredibly sharp and has great depth. I mentioned above almost a year ago now that it's my favourite release and that still hasn't changed

• Thanks
Reactions: harry