USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What terrible artwork. Looks like something I could create in Photoshop, and I've never used Photoshop before.

Well that admission makes it a lot easier to disregard your opinion.

Personally I think the art is pretty solid. It would be reasonable to argue against the black border, or whether the art itself is keeping in tone with the film, but the art itself does look good.

Among various reasons why I don't like this, there is the price to start with & don't preach FA prices this is a UK re-release and considering I paid the same price for a new release (American Sniper) they can jog on but what I really don't like is the fact the title is wrong, it has always been T2 Judgement Day!
Image itself is ok but nothing special but I would be very worried about the spine, I would not be surprised if there isn't one.
And those expecting 'bossing of some sort, I wouldn't be very opptermistic considering the distributor.

Just a quick cash in for the new movie.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well that admission makes it a lot easier to disregard your opinion.

Personally I think the art is pretty solid. It would be reasonable to argue against the black border, or whether the art itself is keeping in tone with the film, but the art itself does look good.

Well I take it back, I could actually do this in Microsoft Paint which I have used. Large image inside a black border, title at the top, centred. T2 in big letters on the back, size 30-something on a black background. Bingo.

The only way this is going to surprise people, is when zavvi don't ship it for release day (Monday)!!!!!

I'll be more surprised if Zavvi do ship it on Monday!

I suspect the release date of the 8th June is wrong but that Zavvi haven't updated their site yet.

Studio Canal is re-releasing T2 to cash in on the forthcoming theatrical release of "Terminator Genisys". The new film is scheduled for a UK cinema release on Thursday 2nd July. I would anticipate, therefore, that the Steelbook will be released on the preceding Monday, ie the 29th June 2015.

Studio Canal's previous release of T2 (Skynet Edition) was timed to coincide with the theatrical release of "Terminator Salvation". That film was released in UK cinemas on Wednesday 3rd June 2009. The Steelbook was released on the preceding Monday, ie the 1st June 2009.

It makes sense that Studio Canal would use the same logic for their re-release of T2.

Most, if not all, of the previous Studiocanal steelbooks I've bought have been high gloss finishes.

Their track record could be promising for this also then......

You think we'lll get charged tomorrow or Monday if release is the 8th?

well why do you think they trying to catch people out after lot of people cancelled after t1 fa was announced? :D
and it had been mentioned in another thread that fa where working on a t2 by carllenc a while back but have heard no further info.

for me will hold off on this, think this one be around for a while and i think a better package is to be had with fa yet or failing that will be looking out for a skynet version that everyone keeps banging on about.

basil :thumbs:

for me will hold off on this, think this one be around for a while and i think a better package is to be had with fa yet or failing that will be looking out for a skynet version that everyone keeps banging on about.

basil :thumbs:
The Skynet edition isn't much better than this IMO. I got rid of mine years ago. There's a load of text on the back and the inside is just red.

The Skynet edition isn't much better than this IMO. I got rid of mine years ago. There's a load of text on the back and the inside is just red.
The UK Terminator 2 Blu-ray Disc is the Skynet Edition
The same UK Blu-ray Disc is in the Steelbook and the Amaray release
Both are called the Skynet Edition

Skynet Edition is not a steelbook its the Blu-ray Disc itself

This release will most likely be the same Blu-ray disc as before meaning it will be the Skynet Edition Blu-ray

Also if Film Arena are doing a release it will be the exact same steelbook as the Zavvi and German Steelbook with only difference been the Full Slip and other extras we might be getting

The Skynet edition was a StudioCanal release

I will most likely will be getting the Film Arena release either way as well as the Zavvi release

A title also will most likely will be on the spine even though the mock up photo don't show one
Also high chance it will be a gloss finish

Edit
Note

Zavvi have this listed this as a Sony Release so its possible this release might be a different Blu-ray Disc to previous releases

Last edited: