USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Sony recently acquired the rights to this, it was always Studiocanals in the UK.

Perhaps there is currently a 'rights' problem (which would explain why there is no information on the spine at this time)

Or maybe Zavvi just copied and pasted the info from from their T3 listing by mistake!!!

Reactions: augustus
It is a woeful looking Steelbook. The front is terrible (cartoony endoskull, silly patterned background, unnecessary black border, title too close to the top), the back is terrible (some sort of artwork would have been nice) and the inside will probably be black and white (though I suppose that would be in keeping with the rest of the Steelbook). To make it even worse the spine may well be blank which is ridiculous. A lack of embossing and a matte finish are a definite possibility. It has the potential to be one of the dullest Steelbooks of the year.

Zavvi and other sites have the listing as a Sony Release
There is also a Terminator 1-4 Box Set which is also listed as a Sony release

So I'm not sure if this is from StudioCanal
This means the Blu-ray Disc is unknown as to what version we are getting

If this was a StudioCanal release there would be a title on the spine as recent Big Blue the mock artwork had no title on the spine but the steelbook did have

It is a Tri Star Film which is Sony but previous distribution for the UK was through StudioCanal

So its unknown 100% until actual release if this is a Sony or StudioCanal release

Zavvi and other sites have the listing as a Sony Release
There is also a Terminator 1-4 Box Set which is also listed as a Sony release

So I'm not sure if this is from StudioCanal
This means the Blu-ray Disc is unknown as to what version we are getting

If this was a StudioCanal release there would be a title on the spine as recent Big Blue the mock artwork had no title on the spine but the steelbook did have

It is a Tri Star Film which is Sony but previous distribution for the UK was through StudioCanal

So its unknown 100% until actual release if this is a Sony or StudioCanal release

I am sure it is just a listing error. It is identical to the German edition and that is a Studiocanal release. As for the spine, Shaun the Sheep was title-less so it is a definite possibility.

Reactions: augustus
I think this looks pretty cool. I would hope the border means that there will be some cool embossing. Strange that judgement day is missing though!

It's the £18 that gets me! Save £7, yeah right.

Prices for steelbooks of older movies (even ones I love like Terminator) that have been released in steel before have reached the point where I'm not interested.

Reactions: thewoe
Hmm, maybe I'll skip this one for now. I do still like the art, even though it may not fit the tone of the film, but there are too many things working against it right now. The uncertainty about embossing/debossing or finish, the potential lack of title on the spine. From the sounds of things, this one is going to be sitting around for a while anyway.

I ordered, then cancelled....... not happy about price, and it's not really that nice to look at! Will wait for a re-master or something to come out as the transfer is quite poor on the blu ray of T2.

Will wait for a re-master or something to come out as the transfer is quite poor on the blu ray of T2.

Really? What bluray version of T2 have you been watching? Ive got the skynet edition with the first T2 UK Steel, and the transfer looks great on my TV.

Reactions: PKAVFC
See, this is why I always kick up a stink over bad steel designs even with ones that don't interest me that much - 'cos sooner or later it's gonna affect a film I really like....like this. Really bad all round - even down to forgetting to put the full title on the front :facepalm:

It pains me that this is the best that they could be bothered to come up with for such a cool movie.

Lazy and awful don't even scratch the surface of where they went wrong with the design

Such a shame :facepalm: