USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
15% Discount code? What the heck. When was that?
Earlier Today check your emails
15% off for the first hour then declines 1% every hour throughout the day

Works on most steelbooks and other items
The Code and link is in the Steelbook Price Drop thread

Reactions: virkia
Earlier Today check your emails
15% off for the first hour then declines 1% every hour throughout the day

Works on most steelbooks and other items
The Code and link is in the Steelbook Price Drop thread

Shame I don't get emails from Zavvi so missed this.
Had a 10% Cancellation Code, however, so was able to plug two gaps in my collection with '22 jump Street and 'The Equalizer' for GBP 23.38 in total.
Not a happy bunny that they oversold 'Big Hero 6' and 'Ex-Machina' and I've been forced to go to the auction site for these.

I agree it could do with abit of a polish, but not much. The movie looks great, the DNR? I dont see too much of that going on on my tv, looks crisp to me.

Do you own the bluray yourself? Or just going by what others have stated?

Just trying to get my head around people saying the transfer is bad when its clearly not.

I don't think it looks great, and that's all I've heard over the years as well. To me it's clearly not good, but if it's good enough for you then it doesn't matter. But objectively, the Skynet release is inferior to the recent BD, UK BD, JP BD, and French HD-DVD. Even the recent BD is from an old master and has lots of room for improvement from a new 4K scan.

Skynet vs. 2015 release can be seen on capsaholic site

Don't get your knickers in a twist.
We'll just have to wait and see won't we?

No need to be obtuse. These are what we call mock-ups and are NOT pictures of the actual steelbook. . . as if you didn't know.

Yes, there was the travesty that was 'Mockingjay pt.1' and my feelings about that steelbook are unprintable so the less said the better about the blank spine except to say if I'd ordered it and received it like that I would have sent it straight back for a refund - something every single purchaser of this should have done with a request that the manufacturer correct what seems to me must have been a mistake and request a new print run complete with title on the spine.
The other one I mentioned - 'Shaun the Sheep' - at least has the Aardman logo on the spine so you don't need to have x-ray vision to know which film is inside.

I've just had a quick look at the spines of my UK steelbooks from the very beginning to my most recent purchases and have found a few more without spine titles but even these are not just blank or one colour only and either have a picture or pictures or a continuation of the cover design.
These are (from earliest to latest):-
(1) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE HMV exclusive Sept 2012
(2) MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS April 2013
(3) MONSTERS UNIVERSITY Zavvi exclusive Nov 2013
(4) THE LONE RANGER Zavvi exclusive Dec 2013

That's 4 out of more than 700.

Imagine if no spine titles became customary practice for the manufacturers - how would you locate such-and-such steelbook from a row of blank spines on your shelves? How annoying would that be!

Anyway, I'd personally rather see the title on the spine than on the front of the steelbook because on the front the title can interferes with the artwork.

Why was it done for 'MJ 1'? Was it to save a few pennies in the manufacturing process? Was it a mistake? Maybe someone here can enlighten me?

The idea of no spine titles is as absurd and ridiculous as you can get and I don't believe for a second they would try it on with this little beauty.

Don't be insulting and rude to people that think there probably won't be a spine on the title. The burden of proof is on you, as the mockup has no title on the spine. Yet you repeatedly claim that there will be a title, despite evidence to the contrary from previous releases and in the actual mockup itself.

That you think this is a beautiful steelbook is another story...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it looks great, and that's all I've heard over the years as well. To me it's clearly not good, but if it's good enough for you then it doesn't matter. But objectively, the Skynet release is inferior to the recent BD, UK BD, JP BD, and French HD-DVD. Even the recent BD is from an old master and has lots of room for improvement from a new 4K scan.

Skynet vs. 2015 release can be seen on capsaholic site

Don't be insulting and rude to people that think there probably won't be a spine on the title. The burden of proof is on you, as the mockup has no title on the spine. Yet you repeatedly claim that there will be a title, despite evidence to the contrary from previous releases and in the actual mockup itself.

That you think this is a beautiful steelbook is another story...

In the interest of getting to the bottom of this I've just sent an email to Studio Canal which reads:-

"RE: TERMINATOR 2:JUDGMENT DAY STEELBOOK UK SPINE TITLE
Dear Sir or Madam,
There is a debate going on at hdn in the relevant thread about whether or not your forthcoming steelbook will or will not have the title on the spine. I maintain that it will though the majority consensus there seems to be that the spine will be blank in the style of 'Mocking Jay : Part 1' or 'Shaun the Sheep' and because the mock-up displayed has no spine title.
I'd be most grateful if you would be good enough to post the answer there directly or get back to me with a reply in order to clear this up one way or the other.
Thanking you in advance for your kind attention in this matter.
Yours faithfully,
---------------------"

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Maybe i should email Studiocanal and tell them " I need the clothes, boots and the motorcycle....on the artwork" sincerely, a Terminator fan who is deadtired of waiting for a proper T2 Steelbook. Why cant those studios let the fans vote for the artwork being used or be there some people like MONDO who makes steelbooks only with original artwork and fonts etc...

Absolutely, the artwork decision from Studiocanal is horrible. We all must send Studiocanal a e-mail with these artworks.

Attachments

• Terminator2Innendruck.jpg
    Terminator2Innendruck.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Terminator2Innendruck2.jpg
    Terminator2Innendruck2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 157
  • Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf.jpg
    Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf2.jpg
    Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf2.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf3.jpg
    Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf3.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf4.jpg
    Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf4.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 172
  • Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf5.jpg
    Terminator2SteelbookEntwurf5.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 162
I received an email from zavvi this morning ....
"We are sorry your item has not been sent".

They change the release date on the product page (Zavvi).
Do you have guys the same email ? And what does it mean ? they will cancel the order or the release is postponed ?

Thanks.

I received an email from zavvi this morning ....
"We are sorry your item has not been sent".

They change the release date on the product page (Zavvi).
Do you have guys the same email ? And what does it mean ? they will cancel the order or the release is postponed ?

Thanks.
Its just an automatic email as your order has the 8th of June as estimated despatch date and its now 10th of June
Zavvi never update the release date in your order
They only update the website listing release date

Ignore the email
You will most likely get a few same emails in coming months until actual shipped

In the interest of getting to the bottom of this I've just sent an email to Studio Canal which reads:-

"RE: TERMINATOR 2:JUDGMENT DAY STEELBOOK UK SPINE TITLE
Dear Sir or Madam,
There is a debate going on at hdn in the relevant thread about whether or not your forthcoming steelbook will or will not have the title on the spine. I maintain that it will though the majority consensus there seems to be that the spine will be blank in the style of 'Mocking Jay : Part 1' or 'Shaun the Sheep' and because the mock-up displayed has no spine title.
I'd be most grateful if you would be good enough to post the answer there directly or get back to me with a reply in order to clear this up one way or the other.
Thanking you in advance for your kind attention in this matter.
Yours faithfully,
---------------------"

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

I'll be really interested to see their response, please keep us updated! If it doesn't have a title on the spine I'll probably be cancelling and holding out hope for yet another T2 steelbook release - hopefully with a new transfer - further down the line.

There are a lot of people here bemoaning the artwork for this release, as if previous releases were that much better. To me it's not offensive and I'm happy to add it to my collection depending on the outcome of the spine title, but I really don't rate the Skynet or Mondo artwork either. I like the artwork for the Best Buy USA version, but the finish was poor, it wasn't gloss, and had no inside artwork.

As one the the best action movies of all time, T2 deserves better - a 4K remaster and PROPER nice steelbook release

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Thanks for placing your order with us
We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Zavvi Limited Edition Steelbook (2000 Only)
We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.
:(

Thanks for placing your order with us
We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Zavvi Limited Edition Steelbook (2000 Only)
We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.
:(

I get these now and then but the item still ships in a day or two.

Reactions: Dano
I'll be really interested to see their response, please keep us updated! If it doesn't have a title on the spine I'll probably be cancelling and holding out hope for yet another T2 steelbook release - hopefully with a new transfer - further down the line.

There are a lot of people here bemoaning the artwork for this release, as if previous releases were that much better. To me it's not offensive and I'm happy to add it to my collection depending on the outcome of the spine title, but I really don't rate the Skynet or Mondo artwork either. I like the artwork for the Best Buy USA version, but the finish was poor, it wasn't gloss, and had no inside artwork.

As one the the best action movies of all time, T2 deserves better - a 4K remaster and PROPER nice steelbook release

I'll certainly post the response from Studio Canal if and when it comes and even better if they post it here directly.

I consider the title on the spine to be one of the most important things about a steelbook and having the title on the spine of the wraparound slip in the style of 'MJ 1' is NO SUBSTITUTE to having it on the steel itself - once removed from the factory seal the cover can be mislaid/lost and then there is no important information on the spine to identify the contents.

I haven't checked my Blu-rays (Amarays/Digibooks etc.) and don't image there are any without titles on the spine?

As 'New & sealed':-
THE HUNGER GAMES (HMV exclusive) - spine title - blank wraparound card slip spine with BBFC 15 rating logo and nothing more
CATCHING FIRE - spine title - spine title also on wraparound card slip spine with 'Lionsgate'
MOCKINGJAY PT.1 - blank spine apart from the Blu-ray disc logo - spine title on wraparound card slip with 'Lionsgate'

In truth, if I had the choice of having the title on the front or on the spine of a steelbook I would choose the spine every time as the title on the front can 'interfere' with the important artwork which is on the front.

It is unheard of, apart from the example of 'MJ 1', to have no information on the spine apart from the Blu-ray disc logo (and 'Lionsgate' under the slip) in that example - all other title-less steelbooks at least have pictures or a continuation of artwork or a recognisable logo, like the Aardman logo on 'Shaun the Sheep', but never blank spines.

The more I look at pictures of 'MJ 1' the more I think that it must have been a manufacturing cock-up and by the time this was realised it was too late and/or it would have been too expensive to bin the lot and start again.

Apart from the fact that a title-less spine adds only disorder to a collection - and you only have to look at pictures of the 3 'Hunger Games' UK steelbooks released to date to see that 'MJ 1' looks just plain WRONG alongside the others.

In the unlikely event of no title on spine definite cancellation for me I'm afraid.

Do admit to liking this choice of artwork (based on the mock-up) but there is no rarity to it or World Exclusive Artwork and it seems that this same artwork will be spread across Europe like a rash shortly.

Don't know anything about the finish or if the face will be embossed or debossed (and am jealous of the perfect pearly whites) but feel for some reason that it could be really quite special in the flesh - despite that no spine title would be a deal-breaker for me.

Absolutely agree that the eventual 4K release of this special film should have its own special steelbook maybe with artwork we haven't seen before on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray or publicity posters/promos and maybe even artwork decided on after a world-wide vote but I think we have to accept that "You can't please all of the people all of the time" and not everybody will be happy with the result.

P.S. I've just been looking at images of 'MJ 1' and noticed that some clever person has made up spine titles for this steelbook which look to be a good match for the other two (so far) in the collection.
If I could get hold of one of those (self-adhesive stickers?) I would buy this steelbook if it comes off its perch and almost halves in price.

Last edited:
There are a lot of people here bemoaning the artwork for this release, as if previous releases were that much better. I really don't rate the Skynet or Mondo artwork either. I like the artwork for the Best Buy USA version, but the finish was poor, it wasn't gloss, and had no inside artwork.

Have you never heard of the Korean Steelbook ?

Pick of the bunch for me.

Reactions: Phantasmic