USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you posting the same inaccurate information over and over? It is a Studiocanal release and a blank spine is a definite possibility.

We don't know 100% yet for sure if this is StudioCanal or a Sony release
At the moment its listed as a Sony release
Sony have just released a Box set of the 4 films on Monday 8th of June with includes the special edition T2 Blu-ray Disc and not the Skynet Disc
We are just assuming at the moment its StudioCanal and that its the Skynet Disc
If its StudioCanal its very highly unlikely to have a blank spine as all the previous StudioCanal mock up photos with blank spines did have a title on the spine with the actual steelbook and they always have the studioCanal logo as well

Until we get 100% confirmation its StudioCanal and Skynet Disc we simply don't know

Example The Big Blue StudioCanal Steelbook the mock up photo had no title but the actual steelbook did have a title on the spine
I have all of the StudioCanal Steelbooks all have the title on the spine and have the StudioCanal Logo

Last edited:
We don't know 100% yet for sure if this is StudioCanal or a Sony release
At the moment its listed as a Sony release
Sony have just released a Box set of the 4 films on Monday 8th of June with includes the special edition T2 Blu-ray Disc and not the Skynet Disc
We are just assuming at the moment its StudioCanal and that its the Skynet Disc
If its StudioCanal its very highly unlikely to have a blank spine as all the previous StudioCanal mock up photos with blank spines did have a title on the spine with the actual steelbook and they always have the studioCanal logo as well

Until we get 100% confirmation its StudioCanal and Skynet Disc we simply don't know

I was speaking to someone who works for StudioCanal and she mentioned they are releasing this steelbook.

Reactions: paulboland
I was speaking to someone who works for StudioCanal and she mentioned they are releasing this steelbook.
That's great if that's information is correct and should end up been the Skynet Blu-ray Disc
I only ever go by actual steelbook not a photo mock up as that can change at any stage before release and we have seen this before

If Zavvi release is 100% StudioCanal then it will have the StudioCanal logo and I'm 99% sure it will have a title on the spine as they have never done a steelbook so far with no title on the spine even though they have with mock up photos

I know its a StudioCanal release 100% in Germany with Media Markt and that's been released 02/07/2015 and its this artwork that they have and clearly shows the studiocanal logo
Terminator-2-(Limited-Steel-Edition)-[Blu-ray].png

Last edited:
Reactions: T800kaz
what this release needs is a 3D Lenticular card in the middle.
That's possible with Media Markt release as they often have lenti magnets or 3D Lenticular card with their exclusives and the border on this artwork leaves that a possibility

That's great if that's information is correct and should end up been the Skynet Blu-ray Disc
I only ever go by actual steelbook not a photo mock up as that can change at any stage before release and we have seen this before

If Zavvi release is 100% StudioCanal then it will have the StudioCanal logo and I'm 99% sure it will have a title on the spine as they have never done a steelbook so far with no title on the spine even though they have with mock up photos

I know its a StudioCanal release 100% in Germany with Media Markt and that's been released 02/07/2015 and its this artwork that they have and clearly shows the studiocanal logo
View attachment 166492
Would be nice if that image could be manipulated 90 degrees anticlockwise so we can see the spine. . .
I would expect to see the whole title on the spine TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY and nothing less than the whole title.

Last edited:
I am finding all 3 WWA Terminator steelbooks lacking inspiration somehow. After looking at their designs for many days now, I feel like the studios rushed to get them out to hype the latest installment. I am seriously inclined to skip these releases as much as I love the series.

It will be back in stock

I say a good few cancelled orders and re ordered using the 15% discount code

At some stage zavvi will make available cancelled orders stock and also will be some near release date or after due to payment problems
You will see this back in stock before or after release date

In order to clear up the confusion as to whether this Steelbook is being released by Studio Canal or Sony, and which disc of T2 is being utilised, I've done some research.

Carolco Pictures Inc, the producers of T2, filed for bankruptcy in 1995 and their film library was purchased the following year by Canal+, the parent company of Studio Canal. The films in that library, including T2, are owned outright by Studio Canal worldwide. It's probably the most famous and the most popular title that Studio Canal owns, so I can't see them signing away their proprietary rights to it anytime soon.

In respect of home video releases, Studio Canal directly distributes its own product in the UK, France and Germany, with the distribution rights in other territories being licensed to other companies, principally Lionsgate and Universal.

There have been previous Terminator anthologies from Sony in Europe and Warner in North America. These have included the locally released discs of T2, which have been licensed to them specifically for release as part of the anthology. The rightsholder's proprietary rights remained otherwise unaffected and individual releases of T2 have continued to appear from the likes of Studio Canal and Lionsgate, not withstanding these anthology releases.

The artwork for the UK Steelbook, placeholder or not, is identical to that of the forthcoming German Steelbook and the already released French Slipcover, both of which are from Studio Canal. Even if Sony had somehow secured the rights to release the Steelbook in the UK, I cannot see them using the Studio Canal artwork.

It appears, therefore, that the UK Steelbook will be from Studio Canal, with Sony merely releasing the anthology.

As regards the actual T2 disc being included in the UK Steelbook, a clue is provided by the image of the rear of Studio Canal's French Slipcover (post #223 above).This details the specifications of the French disc and they are identical to those of the previous Skynet Edition disc.

Studio Canal's previous releases of the Skynet Edition in the UK, France and Germany were identical in terms of the disc's specifications, so it seems likely that the same disc will also be included in the re-releases for all three territories.

The disc contained in Sony's anthology, however, is not that disc. @paulboland has referred to a customer review on the Amazon (UK) site in which the customer states, "Just one note, T2 is not the Skynet Edition, this is the original Blu-ray release."

Evidence supporting that fact is provided by the image of the rear of the anthology.

61gsPpENkXL.jpg

Unfortunately, the image from Amazon's site is one that cannot be enlarged, but it is possible to see the Amaray artwork of the respective films included in the anthology. It is, incidentally, bang up to date with the artwork shown for T1 being that of the new MGM/Fox edition, released as recently as last week!

The artwork shown for T2, however, is not that of the Skynet Edition but that of its predecessor.

t2bd2d.jpg

It is the artwork of the first UK Blu-ray, released by Optimum (Studio Canal) in 2008, containing only the Special Edition Cut and absolutely no extras.

If it was the Skynet Edition Blu-ray, released by Studio Canal in 2009, that was included, the artwork shown would instead have been this.

10044782-1383323189-634701.jpg

Given that only a year separated the two releases, I would imagine that Studio Canal have plenty of copies of the first one gathering dust in their warehouse and farming them off to Sony for inclusion in the anthology makes good business sense. Unless, of course, Sony specifically requested the earlier disc due to it being Region AB, to fit in with the other discs in the anthology, whereas the latter disc is Region B locked.

In any event, to sum up, it appears that there are two discs being released in the UK of T2. The first is the forthcoming Steelbook from Studio Canal which includes the previous Skynet Edition disc (2009), containing all three cuts of the movie but locked to Region B.

The second is the anthology from Sony which includes the first release disc (2008), containing only the Special Edition cut of the movie and is Region AB but contains absolutely no extras.

Unfortunately, neither disc contains the new MPEG-4 AVC encode. For that you'll need the new US Lionsgate disc (Amaray only), the new Canadian Mongrel disc (Amaray & Mondo Steelbook) or the forthcoming Japanese Ultimate Edition (Amaray + Slipcover only).

I have the Korean steelbook of T2. Is that the same disc as the UK Skynet disc??

Also, where can the new U.S. Amaray be found? I couldn't find it on amazon??

Reactions: pitshit
I have the Korean steelbook of T2. Is that the same disc as the UK Skynet disc??

Also, where can the new U.S. Amaray be found? I couldn't find it on amazon??
Link Amazon USA Release Date: May 19, 2015 its Mepeg 4 AVC
Customers reviews are on other web forums
The price is good at the moment $9.69

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
It will be back in stock

I say a good few cancelled orders and re ordered using the 15% discount code

At some stage zavvi will make available cancelled orders stock and also will be some near release date or after due to payment problems
You will see this back in stock before or after release date
15% Discount code? What the heck. When was that?