Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @TGO , fixed your post for you :)

You can upload the image directly in your post if it's saved on your phone/computer rather than just linking or you can paste a link by clicking on the icon seen in the below screenshot:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 00.02.24.png

Reactions: TGO
Really? What bluray version of T2 have you been watching? Ive got the skynet edition with the first T2 UK Steel, and the transfer looks great on my TV.

The general consensus for years seems to be that the Skynet edition looks poor. I don't know how you can say it looks great, the DNR erases the detail, which has been reinstated for the recent US disc.

For that matter, if this indeed is the same old Optimum disc which appears to be the case, it's also inferior to the recent US disc.

'JUDGEMENT DAY' will indubitably be on the spine.

It's already been mentioned several times (once directly to you) that the times Zavvi has posted blank spines, the spines have been blank. What do you know that everyone else doesn't for you to keep saying this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: augustus
The general consensus for years seems to be that the Skynet edition looks poor. I don't know how you can say it looks great, the DNR erases the detail, which has been reinstated for the recent US disc.

For that matter, if this indeed is the same old Optimum disc which appears to be the case, it's also inferior to the recent US disc.

I agree it could do with abit of a polish, but not much. The movie looks great, the DNR? I dont see too much of that going on on my tv, looks crisp to me.

Do you own the bluray yourself? Or just going by what others have stated?

Just trying to get my head around people saying the transfer is bad when its clearly not.

Just trying to get my head around people saying the transfer is bad when its clearly not.

It's subjective. If your happy with the current Skynet disc (which does have a layer of DNR applied to smooth out the grain), then your happy with it. Other people want better AV quality (like I do) but I could start reeling off lists and lists of BD related issues with popular films.

I'll just leave it at that. :)

Reactions: thewoe
Just want to point out we don't know 100% yet if this is a Sony or StudioCanal release

What Blu-ray Disc is in the Steelbook we really wont know till near release date or when released and someone lets us know by testing the Blu-ray Disc

The Blu-ray Disc that's in the new Sony Box Set might not be the same one for this Steelbook

This is possibly the ugliest steelbook I've ever seen. Genuinely surprised and disappointed at the lack of effort here, it looks like mediocre fan art. I own the Skynet steelbook and always felt it was pretty lazy and didn't capture the films tone as well as it could have, but this is laughable. Why oh why couldn't it have been more like this....
T2Best.jpg

It's already been mentioned several times (once directly to you) that the times Zavvi has posted blank spines, the spines have been blank. What do you know that everyone else doesn't for you to keep saying this?
Don't get your knickers in a twist.
We'll just have to wait and see won't we?

Hi @bigstevie8582 & welcome to HDN. I agree, I much prefer the art you have pictured over the Zavvi one. But I'd like to see a good high res image used with a gloss finish, not the matte one they used.

Based on the pics, it does not look like there is a title on the spine either(n)
The Photo is only a Mock up its not an actual photo of the steelbook

We are not sure 100% yet if this release is from Sony or StudioCanal
If its from StudioCanal it will have a title on the spine as recent mock up photos from StudioCanal had no title on the spine but the actual steelbooks did

Last edited:
Hi @bigstevie8582 & welcome to HDN. I agree, I much prefer the art you have pictured over the Zavvi one. But I'd like to see a good high res image used with a gloss finish, not the matte one they used.

Thanks, much appreciated. I was hoping Zavvi would have done a series of similar designs for Terminator, like they did with Jurassic Park. But they have turned out quite erratic. I know its an easy answer, but I would have loved the original movie poster for this one. Arnie on his bike with the shotgun is just classic.

Based on the pics, it does not look like there is a title on the spine either(n)

No need to be obtuse. These are what we call mock-ups and are NOT pictures of the actual steelbook. . . as if you didn't know.

Yes, there was the travesty that was 'Mockingjay pt.1' and my feelings about that steelbook are unprintable so the less said the better about the blank spine except to say if I'd ordered it and received it like that I would have sent it straight back for a refund - something every single purchaser of this should have done with a request that the manufacturer correct what seems to me must have been a mistake and request a new print run complete with title on the spine.
The other one I mentioned - 'Shaun the Sheep' - at least has the Aardman logo on the spine so you don't need to have x-ray vision to know which film is inside.

I've just had a quick look at the spines of my UK steelbooks from the very beginning to my most recent purchases and have found a few more without spine titles but even these are not just blank or one colour only and either have a picture or pictures or a continuation of the cover design.
These are (from earliest to latest):-
(1) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE HMV exclusive Sept 2012
(2) MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS April 2013
(3) MONSTERS UNIVERSITY Zavvi exclusive Nov 2013
(4) THE LONE RANGER Zavvi exclusive Dec 2013

That's 4 out of more than 700.

Imagine if no spine titles became customary practice for the manufacturers - how would you locate such-and-such steelbook from a row of blank spines on your shelves? How annoying would that be!

Anyway, I'd personally rather see the title on the spine than on the front of the steelbook because on the front the title can interferes with the artwork.

Why was it done for 'MJ 1'? Was it to save a few pennies in the manufacturing process? Was it a mistake? Maybe someone here can enlighten me?

The idea of no spine titles is as absurd and ridiculous as you can get and I don't believe for a second they would try it on with this little beauty.

Last edited:
The differentiation in price could be an indicator of sorts that this is a £17.99 Studio Canal title as T3 is Columbia Tristar/Sony and £14.99.

Release date now 31st December :(

I know it won't actually be that long but it's still not now :(

I think we can assume from past experience that this date is just a placeholder date and not the actual release date . . .

Anyway, 31/12/15 is a Thursday and I'm led to believe that nearly all releases are on a Monday.

The Photo is only a Mock up its not an actual photo of the steelbook

We are not sure 100% yet if this release is from Sony or StudioCanal
If its from StudioCanal it will have a title on the spine as recent mock up photos from StudioCanal had no title on the spine but the actual steelbooks did

Why are you posting the same inaccurate information over and over? It is a Studiocanal release and a blank spine is a definite possibility.

Looks blank spine to me :giggle: .

After all Melesifant was white from the mock ups provided by Zavvi .

Remember how that one turned out a beautiful steelbook no doupt :drool:. However the members who wanted white world wide art where severely dissapointed as the Generic Black cover same as the rest of the world :ohno:.

Never mind Mockingjay part 1 no spine art :sorry: .

This is Zavvi afterall we could get the image of a tin of Baked Beans slapped on a steel insted of the T-100 :wow: .