PRICE (at time of posting): $24.99
ORDER: Best Buy

ASM2BB.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 470
Last edited by a moderator:
It is most definitely not plastic, but its not really steel either like someone said its almost like a metal digipak, its almost hard to describe if you don't have it in your hands. Its a very thin layer of medal over what looks like a foam inner part and very similar to a digipak. Its extremely vibrant and kind of fun but I am not sure if I entirely like it I will probably stick to steelbooks in the future and keep my CA steelbook. It was worth getting the one to see how I feel about it not sure if I'll get anymore and hopefully retailers like best buy don't start biting on this guys selling tactics that he is the new and improved steelbook.

Reactions: DJ IXS
It is most definitely not plastic, but its not really steel either like someone said its almost like a metal digipak, its almost hard to describe if you don't have it in your hands. Its a very thin layer of medal over what looks like a foam inner part and very similar to a digipak. Its extremely vibrant and kind of fun but I am not sure if I entirely like it I will probably stick to steelbooks in the future and keep my CA steelbook. It was worth getting the one to see how I feel about it not sure if I'll get anymore and hopefully retailers like best buy don't start biting on this guys selling tactics that he is the new and improved steelbook.

Oh yeah, definitely not plastic at all. I agree, it's like a metal digipak. Also, it seems slightly heavier than your average steelbook.

Last edited:
Just to confirm for all my fellow Canadians out there, Best Buy Canada did NOT get this. I went in store myself, its just the reg slip with comic book.
All you lucky Americans get this cool exclusive to yourself. haha

my biggest concern that turn me away from these are how the disk are held. I have no doubt that in the future the case will get worn and the disk(s) wont sit properly anymore...and it has the potential of actually snapping the disks if not taken out properly. for bb's promo i guess its worth $10 but other than that ill stick with the regular blu or digibook

It seems the 3d version is somewhat limited, although there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two version except an extra disc. So I doubt it matters much. I'm debating whether I really want this or not. Leaning towards the regular Steel

Jericho if you can get it I'd go with the regular steel, this was a try and see for me to see if I like it and I am really glad I did the group buy on this one for the CA one.

Reactions: Jericho
It seems the 3d version is somewhat limited, although there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two version except an extra disc. So I doubt it matters much. I'm debating whether I really want this or not. Leaning towards the regular Steel

Yeah, my store only had 10 copies of the 3d version and they sold out within minutes of the store opening. By the way, did anyone get the 3d version? I'm curious to see how they placed all 3 discs in the case.

it's hard to describe what the material is like. Like a foiled, cardboard with a hard plastic coating? something like that. ANyhow sorry for the photo quality, but it was all I could do to avoid glare. This is certainly interesting but I'm still trying to get me hands on a steelbook
F8FCA01B-430D-470B-8E12-35A8E62B57BF_zpszyiqbuxw.jpg

B6452C9E-6193-4370-A6EE-3C0BA339AFC5_zpsrnwts4lm.jpg

79567006-8CD1-45D2-99CD-83397AF668E5_zpsgmocics4.jpg

BD7164A4-D59B-4ED7-8F45-D730C7B942F2_zpsf5oo2amm.jpg

At first I was skeptical about this but after seeing additional pictures, I'm glad I ordered it. It looks good and from what I'm reading and hearing, it sounds sturdy.

Reactions: MK50