PRICE (at time of posting): $24.99
ORDER: Best Buy

ASM2BB.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 470
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good in hand. A glorified digipak but colors pop.

Shouldn't be compared to steel but I like it better than other digi packs

woah! I ordered it for shipping on Tuesday and now it's not available in my area anymore. Sorry I can't help. BTW.. what do you mean the store sold your copy? Did you order for instore pickup? I would have an issue with that. You need to contact BBY customer service. Happened to me once before too, I was fuming as they picked it, sent the email for me to come get it, then sold it to someone else, (or an employee is my better guess). I did get a gift card out of it when I contacted customer service online, but the store was useless. This is why I order as little as possible from them. I'm looking forward to the day they are out of business.

The same thing happened as you described, I ordered in store pickup, and they sold it or didn't have it in, but I got the email saying its ready to be picked up. but nope.

And they just did the same thing with my LE walking dead season 4. It it was much much more of an ordeal.

I don't hate this as much as I thought I would, but it's still no steelbook like our neighbors to the north received. Just don't understand Best Buy sometimes. We get great ones like Thor 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but then get cheated on Spidey. But back on point, this is a very nice digipack with great colors and a good weight to it.

Big thanks to @mlmaier84 for helping me get a hold of this one. Must admit it is rather nice. Heavy to hold it feels like a heavy duty quality product and the gloss finish needs to seen to be believed. Still love my steelbooks but this is definitely a nice addition to the collectors field. Also nice to see a Western market release of the film that includes 3D.

Last edited:
I don't hate this as much as I thought I would, but it's still no steelbook like our neighbors to the north received. Just don't understand Best Buy sometimes. We get great ones like Thor 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but then get cheated on Spidey. But back on point, this is a very nice digipack with great colors and a good weight to it.

I think that is what makes this release that much more special. The steelbook is not that hard to get if you want it. It was pretty much available all around the world and the only thing to differentiate it is whether it came with 3D or not. With this, you get an exclusive that was only available in a couple countries to my knowledge. It's more unique and more difficult to get your hands on in the international market imo.

Reactions: MK50 and harry
I think that is what makes this release that much more special. The steelbook is not that hard to get if you want it. It was pretty much available all around the world and the only thing to differentiate it is whether it came with 3D or not. With this, you get an exclusive that was only available in a couple countries to my knowledge. It's more unique and more difficult to get your hands on in the international market imo.
@darczap I think this exact Digipack (magno case) was only released in the USA, no?

I may be mistaken but i think someone said earlier in the thread that it was released internationally somewhere. I could be wrong though.
Waiting for a member who knows about this ;)
I know of the Steelbook, Head Edition, the Figure Set and Digibooks so far beeing released in several countries...

I must be ******* losing it.

I didn't know about this!

I didn't know about the Walking Dead season 4 BB Lenti!
&
I didn't know about the Walmart walking dead key edition until after the fact! Gutted I missed out on this :/

I guess let me rephrase. I like this release, but consider it a bit of a letdown after Best Buy had such a great release for the first film. And it truly is a rarity that the international market should want for a release in North America, given the number of outstanding releases they've had. Granted, Thor 2 and Captain America : The Winter Soldier are steelbook examples that prove that "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while". Again, it's not bad- quite good actually. The inconsistency of it not being a steelbook was what I was referring to. If there had been a magno case for the first movie, I would never have brought it up.

Last edited: