DSC_1264.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1268.jpg

DSC_1270.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

DSC_1271a.jpg

Actual pictures of front, back and inside courtesy of ocielz:

Last edited by a moderator:
The front is easily the best looking. The back and inside are boring as it's repetitive due to overdose of cobweb. The back of the non-US Steelbook is so much better as you get a clear view of the city landscape.

To those who speculate about the value, the Korean one is the best and Best Buy SB has significantly dropped in value.

Pound for pound my most expensive steel as i imported when it 1st came out (missed the GB but a ninja was able to help me out :))

A really lovely glossy high-quality & well made steel which is one of the best in my SeLeCtA CoLLeCtioN :scat:

BUT unfortunately the film itself was very disappointing, and quite possibly the most pointless re-boot i've ever seen. ...its basically an inept re-tread of the original film with worse actors, a more boring plot and a total lame ass CG villain. Seriously, i nearly fell asleep watching this EEK!

A shame really, but i think that is the reason why this isnt selling out & has been reduced - just too many copies printed for a well below average film :movie:

Last edited:
the cast is one of the biggest problems in the movie, imo. They have people in their late 20's playing high school kids. And it's not like Garfield and Emma Stone look young, they look like they're in their late 20's.

For me, as awesome as the steel is, the movie is just as bad.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I like the steel. It has a nice heavy feel to it. As far as the movie goes, I liked it, although not as much as the first two Raimi Spidermans. I found this one more along the lines of Ultimate Spiderman, as far as comics go.

well, in the binning when i learned there was this in the make i said no way i will see it! and i did not!....and i would not bought it if didn't release as a steel in the USA, but i really love the art, so it was a blind buy and oh boy how wrong i was not to see it at the movies...love it, a lot more than the original which i did not like it very much..

Reactions: Ricker
I've seen them all...not sure what difference that makes.

Sam Raimi, William Dafoe, & Tobey Maguire ARE the difference ;)

the cast is one of the biggest problems in the movie, imo. They have people in their late 20's playing high school kids. And it's not like Garfield and Emma Stone look young, they look like they're in their late 20's.

For me, as awesome as the steel is, the movie is just as bad.

...and Garfield kept taking his dam mask off like every 5 minutes! it totally killed the larger than life character of Spider-man and made him look like some random dweeb in red & blue tights :hilarious:

and whoever cast some nobody as the Lizard should be fired - but to be fair they were always gonna fail miserably in comparison to DaFoe's masterful performance as the Green Goblin :)

I like the steel. It has a nice heavy feel to it.

4 discs baby :scat:

i'm getting to the point where i think any 1 disc steel is a waste of shelf space :cool:

Did BB get more stock in their stores?

I don't think so. They had a bunch to unload for whatever reason and when they dropped the price, it became desirable again. Problem is it is no longer listed on the BB.com site and folks cannot find which stores have them ala the Disney steelbooks. I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and there was a store there with 20+ copies of this one priced at $34.99.

I'm on vacation and actually managed to find a copy of this on the shelf at a Best Buy here. It seems to be mint as well, so luckily now I don't have to worry about this anymore.

I don't think so. They had a bunch to unload for whatever reason and when they dropped the price, it became desirable again. Problem is it is no longer listed on the BB.com site and folks cannot find which stores have them ala the Disney steelbooks. I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and there was a store there with 20+ copies of this one priced at $34.99.

Had the clerk do a price check on them, just to make sure it would scan at 19.99

When I came back with the ones they had, I got the "am I allowed to sell this many" and her supervisor whispered the words "reseller" :rolleyes:

Glad thats not my normal best buy :hilarious: