The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so disappointing. Could have been a really nice release but just looks dull. Mine is going back as not as described... it's Aliens all over again. In future I'll take Zavvi's mention of gloss with a pinch of salt.

Lots of people complaining and asking for discounts is far more effective. You dont see people complaining to Plain Archive and asking for discounts on the wrestler do you?

Why? Because nobody feels cheated.

Its about principle.

Complaining and asking for discounts hasn't been effective at all in the past, the same things keep happening. Maybe if you feel so strongly, you should actually take action rather than sending off an email and hoping for the best.

Even if I accept the fact that the spot gloss is only on the title, the artwork has such a low quality that it looks cheap to me. Just compare the lens flare effect with the original artwork. It's far away from it in real.

Look how much effort Choi and Tony put into Kimchi releases and how frequently they confer with us ninjas and respect our needs.

Complaining and asking for discounts hasn't been effective at all in the past, the same things keep happening. Maybe if you feel so strongly, you should actually take action rather than sending off an email and hoping for the best.

What kind of action can we take? Which opportunities do we have?

Last edited:
Okay, well I'm sending mine back as soon as I've received it. What do I have to do? Email them that I'm sending it back or just do it, because last time they took at least a day to respond after each email. Ended up waiting a week until the conversation had ended :rolleyes:

Where are you going with your side of this here Snooloui?

I dont have much else to say.

Reactions: lolwut
Okay, well I'm sending mine back as soon as I've received it. What do I have to do? Email them that I'm sending it back or just do it, because last time they took at least a day to respond after each email. Ended up waiting a week until the conversation had ended :rolleyes:

You need to get a returns authorisation number so don't just send it back. I imagine they will say the title is gloss and so we will have to pay the cost of returning as it is as described :(

Where are you going with your side of this here Snooloui?

I dont have much else to say.

My opinion is that Zavvi need to cut out this kind of thing. It may or may not be their error, but ultimately they are responsible. That said, I feel that it is being used as an excuse to try and claim a few quid back which I don't agree with. Blu-devil said "I want at least 20% back or I'm lodging a complaint with trading standards"; to me that is completely wrong.

give the guy a break man ...u dont know if he's on zavvi comission like HDN staff :hilarious: ;) :hilarious:

If defending/liking a retailer means you work for them or get commission from them, then I guess most of the members of this forum work for Blufans/Kimchi/Plain Archive in some capacity ;)

Reactions: ben6212
Does this sound like a cancel?: I paid less than 24 hrs after receiving the payment problem message.

But this is the message I got back after asking why it was yet to dispatched.

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of The Aviator - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray].

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. The Aviator - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris

Zavvi Customer Service Team

Have responded I'll await the reply.

They might have oversold the cancellations, as that is supposedly what went live yesterday. But there are supposed to be a few hundred extras going live next week as well. So either your current order will be filled by next week, or if worst case is cancelled, you should be able to reorder next week when the others are available. You should be safe either way if you stay plugged into here.

They really should have gone with debossing for the title on this one.

They make a good call reducing the airplane size to fit the frame but it looks a little lost now, which is a shame because it should be the one thing on the cover that dominates being a steelbook for the movie 'The Aviator' n' all.

Also should have spot glossed the damn plane.. amatures :p

Reactions: chunk
give the guy a break man ...u dont know if he's on zavvi comission like HDN staff :hilarious: ;) :hilarious:

Ive never suspected snoo to be on zavvis commission.

But personally I have no problem with HDN getting commission when ninjas use HDN links to purchase steelbooks. Zavvi wouldnt have 1/10th the steelbook market they now have without HDN playing the role as the bridge to get the communication and info to the collector community.

My opinion is that Zavvi need to cut out this kind of thing. It may or may not be their error, but ultimately they are responsible. That said, I feel that it is being used as an excuse to try and claim a few quid back which I don't agree with. Blu-devil said "I want at least 20% back or I'm lodging a complaint with trading standards"; to me that is completely wrong.

I agree that claiming a discount is wrong. If you don't like it, send it back. It would just be nice to know what you are buying when you pre-order. Zavvi's descriptions are pretty worthless to me now.

Thanks for the photos! It looks pretty disappointing imo, but I think that's due to my expectations possibly being too high... and it doesn't look like I'm the only one. Shame there's no spot-gloss on the plane, and that border is unnecessary (would've looked better without it).

I personally feel people are overreacting, although I completely understand why... I initially felt the same about the Aliens steelbook, but later realised it's the studio that's at fault, not Zavvi. And as they say... don't shoot the messenger! Hopefully Zavvi will be contacting Miramax in regards to the whole situation, because you have to remember that they've also clearly been given the wrong information, just like we have.

Reactions: kron
Blu-devil said "I want at least 20% back or I'm lodging a complaint with trading standards"; to me that is completely wrong.

Im going to demand a 20% discount personally. I think that's reasonable. I dont need $5 any more than the man in the moon, but it raise my belief that Zavvi cares if they actually prove it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu-devil
Lots of people complaining and asking for discounts is far more effective. You dont see people complaining to Plain Archive and asking for discounts on the wrestler do you?

Why? Because nobody feels cheated.

Its about principle.

What's wrong with The Wrestler?

seems zavvis at it again with there bad descriptions yet again, seems i've dodged a bullet on this one.

btw snooloui people on usually bad mouth zavvi when they feel they have been pissed on from a great height or in this case feel they have been blatantly lied to into buying something that is 'not as described' bit like aliens as said before.

personally i give this one a wide berth now, but what i don't get is why you defend them each and everytime, strikes me as very odd indeed but perhaps i'm the not only one seeing this, perhaps you should change you title from the negative ninja to zavvis loyal blind dog it sort of seems to fit better. ;)

I don't believe i have ever seen you complain about them at least not in public :hilarious:

basil :movie:

Reactions: pmwhelan