The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The big problem I have is that I strongly believe that Zavvi actually knew what the finish was going to be like. That is why they did not release preview pics of it. That is clearly false advertising and obtaining money by deception, a criminal offence in the United Kingdom. A colleague at BP legal confirmed that to me this very afternoon the moment I saw the first photos.

Reactions: blu-steel
Folks, some of the language and continued arguing between a handful of members is getting out of hand. Please take personal arguments to PM's.

As to the comments of lies and misrepresentation, please address your specific order concerns with the retailer. We cannot field order by order complaints for you. Any returns and disappointment with a product is your prerogative,and hopefully you will be given a proper reply.

Info is shared with any partners and friends that work with the site, on a daily basis, as needed. I'll be happy to see if more info is available about the description of this product-please refrain from personal attacks, conspiracies and assumptions about deliberate legal breaches and other trade matters. If you have concerns about this, they need to be directed to the retailer via phone or in writing.

Thanks.

Is having a discussion no longer allowed? I responded to Basil in a perfectly reasonable way that contained no bad language and was in no way argumentative but it was deleted. What's the point in having an open forum if we are advised to take any discussions to PM?

Is having a discussion no longer allowed? I responded to Basil in a perfectly reasonable way that contained no bad language and was in no way argumentative but it was deleted. What's the point in having an open forum if we are advised to take any discussions to PM?

We are not talking about a few isolated comments just from you, Snoo. Please stop talking everything so personal, every time. Respect is asked of all members of this forum, and the ongoing arguing about things that cannot be affected by the site should be taken to PM's. Every member of an entire thread does not want to be involved in an ongoing argument between a few people.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Not surprised at this really. I hate to sound like a broken record but Zavvi are just shady.

You are always free to ignore their releases, and shop elsewhere?

Id like to add that i basically think this a nice looking steel. I just Zavvi should have told us before dispatch that there is no gloss. I would have respected that enough to not cancel, not complain, and not feel the need to ask for anything from them. Theres a lot to be said for proper open communication and professional business conduct.

Reactions: Thelite13
Maybe people should stop sharing force fed info that May or not be true?

We share all info as given to us by retailers. Not sure what that has anything to do with force feeding. We could just not post any info, and then some people would still feel the need to troll and complain :hilarious:

Reactions: IRON MAN
We are not talking about a few isolated comments just from you, Snoo. Please stop talking everything so personal, every time. Respect is asked of all members of this forum, and the ongoing arguing about things that cannot be affected by the site should be taken to PM's. Every member of an entire thread does not want to be involved in an ongoing argument between a few people.

I do take it personally when a post of mine is deleted. When you take time to respond to someone, it isn't nice when it gets deleted. You say that every member doesn't want to be involved in an ongoing argument (which it wasn't anyway), well I don't want to read endless 'dispatched' and 'ordered' posts or the constant bumping of threads with nice little sponsored links attached, but I don't complain. Surely by signing up for a forum, it comes with the understanding that sometimes others will be talking about something you don't particularly care for?

Snoo-I am sorry you take any post that is deleted personal. This is a moderated community, not a free for all board. As has been discussed with you and any member that wishes to inquire, on multiple occasions post deletion (which happens very rarely in comparison to the over 900,000 posts that exist at this site) is part of community maintenance and keeping threads on track and relevant. Once again, please take personal matters to PM's.

I may be in the minority here but doubtful. No info is much more appreciated then info that turns out to be false. IMO

Hi The-correct, but we can only report info given to us initially, and any corrections if they are forthcoming. We can't 'predict' the future based on decisions of others, or what 'turns out' to be 'false' or 'different' later, as we're not psychic.

Any 'corrections' given to us in 'advance' have always been posted if possible so that you all have the most 'current' info. If info we share ends up being incorrect, customers always have the right to contact the retailer to discuss their grievances, as we've always suggested.

I have to say this release is less than impressive. That said, the moderators on this forum do nothing but try to help us fellow members out. I don't think anybody would try to give out deceptive information intentionally. I would say the updates regarding future releases on this site are usually 99% accurate, so I think these comments are misdirected disappointment. It seems that Zavvi dropped the ball on this one, and they should be the ones to deal with any consumer backlash.

Trading standards... oh dear!

This steelbook perfectly compliments my French release of Titanic. A lenticular would have been nice, but no complaints from me.

Reactions: snooloui