The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
seems zavvis at it again with there bad descriptions yet again, seems i've dodged a bullet on this one.

btw snooloui people on usually bad mouth zavvi when they feel they have been pissed on from a great height or in this case feel they have been blatantly lied to into buying something that is 'not as described' bit like aliens as said before.

personally i give this one a wide berth now, but what i don't get is why you defend them each and everytime, strikes me as very odd indeed but perhaps i'm the not only one seeing this, perhaps you should change you title from the negative ninja to zavvis loyal blind dog it sort of seems to fit better. ;)

I don't believe i have ever seen you complain about them at least not in public :hilarious:

That's because i've never really had a problem with them or any retailer for that matter. The only retailer I refuse to use is Amazon.ca because of their shoddy packaging.

In this instance, I don't feel it is a major issue personally as digitalbabe said it would be mainly matte. If it isn't spot gloss, then that will be a little disappointing but not a huge deal for me.

Its sad, after great steelbooks There will be blood and The Boy in the stripped pyjama i was expecting The Aviator to be in the same quality :(

Lessoned learned for me after Captain Phillips, True Romance (thankfully I passed on) and now this one.

Not showing us the full artwork in advance is a sign that the steel will probabaly end up being a very mediocre release ;)

You need to get a returns authorisation number so don't just send it back. I imagine they will say the title is gloss and so we will have to pay the cost of returning as it is as described :(

Ah balls :(. So it's come to this has it? Do we have to email them about every specific detail so we get our moneys worth?

I personally think the steelbook looks quite nice, but it's beside the point. I feel cheated that they had the guts to press on with sales without letting us know. It's almost as if Zavvi doesn't think it would matter and we're only paying £16.99 for the disc inside! Suddenly it all makes sense why they use mock-ups on their site and what about 3:10 to Yuma? Will we be had with that too? :ugh:

The people of HDN have to gloss their own steels these days, it's ridiculous!

*breathes* I need to vent :hilarious:

I don't think it's a coincidence that this issue has occurred with two studios known for their shoddy matte finishes and generally low quality Steelbooks.

Reactions: ben6212
In this instance, I don't feel it is a major issue personally as digitalbabe said it would be mainly matte. If it isn't spot gloss, then that will be a little disappointing but not a huge deal for me.

maybe not for you, but would seem its a big problem for quite alot. maybe people would not buy something if they think is not worth it?
especially as this is starting to become a more regular occurrence more and more.

Zavvi need to do more to get descriptions right now maybe on these occasions its the info they where given, but you would think they would get a proofed copy of the item first and if not when they come in someone would crack open a box to see is as described and if is not change description sent out in email givening people notice and the option to cancel.

because at the moment they describe it as one thing turns up as another and zavvi don't seem to be too bothered, shipping them hoping no one creates. which prob will happen with 80% of them, but who wants to order wait for it to turn up try and inspect thru plastic.

where is becomes very hard to determine the finish of goods and then ship it all the way back and argue with zavvi what has happened.

yes its all covered under DSR but who wants all hassle of that!

wouldn't be nice if zavvi got some form of quality control to start with every other company does it's, then it would keep customers happy surely thats what every company should aim for no?

as to people going to trading standards i personally hope they do, maybe if enough did it zavvi's ears may finally prick up a bit!

I say all this not because i'm zavvi bashing, it's just plain wrong end of story.

now you maybe prepared to except the odd steel thats not as described maybe you have plenty of funds available to you to do so.
there are plenty of people out there don't have huges funds to spare and this then becomes a complete waste of money for them and could have been spent on another steel instead but no one seems to be thinking about that at all.

Also as mentioned earlier what about likes of beetlejuice , mars attacks , stargate. the lists go on an on.

basically as more of these happen the more i don't trust zavvi with descriptions, also mods with contacts should be relaying this info back to them and see what zavvi are going to do to improve the situation and to try to see how they plan on dealing with it not just this steel but a policy in place for all steels from now on.

But i suspect zavvi will just ignore the problem it will go away as it always had and the mods just try calm it down as they do. doesn't help the hobby though does it
icon_thumbdown.png

basil :movie:

Folks, some of the language and continued arguing between a handful of members is getting out of hand. Please take personal arguments to PM's.

As to the comments of lies and misrepresentation, please address your specific order concerns with the retailer. We cannot field order by order complaints for you. Any returns and disappointment with a product is your prerogative,and hopefully you will be given a proper reply.

Info is shared with any partners and friends that work with the site, on a daily basis, as needed. I'll be happy to see if more info is available about the description of this product-please refrain from personal attacks, conspiracies and assumptions about deliberate legal breaches and other trade matters. If you have concerns about this, they need to be directed to the retailer via phone or in writing.

Thanks.