The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpgCP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was wondering if they could release a box with the three movies. Three DL in the same box. Market was saturated with this trilogy.
Very unlikely. Manta haven't done a release like that before. It'll probably follow the same format as matrix, with a separate, staggered release approach. May well end up only being 2 slips and a OC, with some novelty tat to plug the gap again.

Reactions: hayden1215
Oh, I thought there was, so many steelbooks popped up already. Alright, I wish they weren't releasing DC at all.
They've gone up for preorder, haven't seen a solid release date though. It'll be quick, like shazam and black adam, as sadly it's tanking.. but it certainly won't be one of their next few releases.

My DL arrived today.

Having missed out on the original release, and not loving it enough to go into the aftermarket, I was happy to try the first discless release (I already have the 4k anyway). Overall, it's a solid if unspectacular offering which will do me just fine.

We knew the steelbook design was relatively simple but, IMO, execution is good. I had been worried about bare metal showing through, but that isn't the case at all - its a really nice finish. Nice embossing on the title too.

The lenticulars are well executed.

Here are some poorly composed, shockingly lit photos, which are also being randomly rotated when attached (even if I "adjust" for the rotation it still attaches in incorrectly - truly bizarre!)

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg
IMG_3505.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg
IMG_3506.jpeg
IMG_3506.jpeg

IMG_3504.jpeg

My DL arrived today.

Having missed out on the original release, and not loving it enough to go into the aftermarket, I was happy to try the first discless release (I already have the 4k anyway). Overall, it's a solid if unspectacular offering which will do me just fine.

We knew the steelbook design was relatively simple but, IMO, execution is good. I had been worried about bare metal showing through, but that isn't the case at all - its a really nice finish. Nice embossing on the title too.

Here are some poorly composed, shockingly lit photos, which are also being randomly rotated when attached (even if I "adjust" for the rotation it still attaches in incorrectly - truly bizarre!)

View attachment 557400
View attachment 557425View attachment 557411View attachment 557406View attachment 557422View attachment 557422
View attachment 557412

*debossing*

Nice pics :thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: Rulocal
My DL arrived today.

View attachment 557400
View attachment 557425View attachment 557411View attachment 557406View attachment 557422View attachment 557422
View attachment 557412
The envelopes, assume one is inside the steel, and the other is inside the slip with the steel? There was supposed to be a folder with the 2nd envelope in, or have you just not pictured it?

I too considered getting this after missing the GB, but hmm. That steelbook art, uh, leaves much to be desired. IMHO. No offence… er. I’ll just go now.

The envelopes, assume one is inside the steel, and the other is inside the slip with the steel? There was supposed to be a folder with the 2nd envelope in, or have you just not pictured it?

Yes, there is a folder, which can also be used as a frame for the nice little lenticular

I too considered getting this after missing the GB, but hmm. That steelbook art, uh, leaves much to be desired. IMHO. No offence… er. I’ll just go now.

No offence taken. Its definitely not the greatest, by a wide margin, but it is nicely done and will do the job. Slip is very nice.

Reactions: Chievera