Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
love it too. have the dvd. somewhere. the background story with the kids was, well creepy
and the water cage prisons.
well done indeed. plus the dvd, yes DVD has nice extras... is there a blu-ray ? am I rambling ?

now have to look up what the director has done since.

Don't think it's on blu ray

I also have the DVD.

Sean Harris plays the creep though and he's a scary good method actor.

He was in a great 4 part mini series the year before last in the UK called southcliffe.

His eyes are harrowing. He can act with them alone

Oh and the scene in creep when the pregnant girl in the hospital chair is messed up.
There's a feature on the DVD about it and the director left her in that chair with Sean Harris as the creep and the cameras rolling, she was given a safe word incase it got too f*cked up. Which it did

Her tears and screaming are real

He never broke character apparently. That's messed up

Edit:
Hah the director made severence. I love that film. Quality horror comedy.

Danny dyer is so good in it and it's well violent too

Don't think it's on blu ray

I also have the DVD.

Sean Harris plays the creep though and he's a scary good method actor.

He was in a great 4 part mini series the year before last in the UK called southcliffe.

His eyes are harrowing. He can act with them alone

Oh and the scene in creep when the pregnant girl in the hospital chair is messed up.
There's a feature on the DVD about it and the director left her in that chair with Sean Harris as the creep and the cameras rolling, she was given a safe word incase it got too f*cked up. Which it did

Her tears and screaming are real

He never broke character apparently. That's messed up

Edit:
Hah the director made severence. I love that film. Quality horror comedy.

Danny dyer is so good in it and it's well violent too

yes the chair scene is brutal. my wife left first time we were watching it. actually she hated the whole movie. she likes horror etc. but some films are too much. like French horror : martyrs, frontiers, high tension. she watches them but asks frequently ' cannot we watch some comedy sometimes too'

i shrug

sevenrece is good. nothing special. danny dyer (great name) has done so much sh.t.

i shrug

sevenrece is good. nothing special. danny dyer (great name) has done so much sh.t.

A lot of good sh*t :D

You have to enjoy them for the wrong reasons.
Plus he's from my neck of the woods and me and my mates grew up with his films. He's only made 4 or 5 actual good films but really they're all good. Hard to explain

Severence means a lot to me. Can't explain why

Plus he's from my neck of the woods and me and my mates grew up with his films. He's only made 4 or 5 actual good films but really they're all good. Hard to explain

like I said its good. not bad. seen doghouse ? funny ...

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm very picky when it comes to horror... a creepy story with lots of suspense is what I enjoy most.

If you want bags of creepy atmosphere and/or suspense most of these (some amongst my very favourites) should fit the bill although some might be a bit old-fashioned for the younger members here:
- CAT PEOPLE 1942
- DEAD OF NIGHT 1945
- CURSE OF THE DEMON 1957
- THE CITY OF THE DEAD 1960
- THE INNOCENTS 1961
- CARNIVAL OF SOULS 1962
- THE HAUNTING 1963
- ROSEMARY'S BABY and DON'T LOOK NOW 1968
- FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE 1973
- PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK 1975
- THE SHINING, THE FOG and THE CHANGELING 1980
- THE VANISHING 1988
- THE SIXTH SENSE 1999
- THE OTHERS 2001
- THE VILLAGE 2004
- THE DESCENT 2005
- ORPHAN 2009
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK 2012

Some of the Japanese horror films - and remakes of same - and other foreign language films are super creepy too and well worth a watch including THE GRUDGE 2002 & 2004, THE RING 1998 & 2002, PHENOMENA 1985, REC and THE ORPHANAGE 2007, JULIA'S EYES 2010, THE NAMELESS 1999, LES DIABOLIQUES 1955, EYES WITHOUT A FACE 1960, SHUTTER 2008, LIVIDE 2011. . .

Many others, of course, and this but a splattering . . . with no insult meant if you are familiar with most or all of the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: nefilim
If you want bags of creepy atmosphere and/or suspense most of these (some amongst my very favourites) should fit the bill although some might be a bit old-fashioned for the younger members here:
- CAT PEOPLE 1942
- DEAD OF NIGHT 1945
- CURSE OF THE DEMON 1957
- VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED and THE CITY OF THE DEAD 1960
- THE INNOCENTS 1961
- CARNIVAL OF SOULS 1962
- THE HAUNTING 1963
- REPULSION 1965
- WAIT UNTIL DARK 1967
- ROSEMARY'S BABY and DON'T LOOK NOW 1968
- THE HONEYMOON KILLERS 1969
- FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE 1973
- PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK 1975
- COMA and HALLOWEEN 1978
- THE SHINING, THE FOG and THE CHANGELING 1980
- THE VANISHING 1988
- THE SIXTH SENSE 1999
- THE OTHERS 2001
- THE VILLAGE 2004
- THE DESCENT 2005
- ORPHAN 2009
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK 2012

Some of the Japanese horror films - and remakes of same - and other foreign language films are super creepy too and well worth a watch including THE GRUDGE 2002 & 2004, THE RING 1998 & 2002, PHENOMENA 1985, REC and THE ORPHANAGE 2007, JULIA'S EYES 2010, THE NAMELESS 1999, LES DIABOLIQUES 1955, EYES WITHOUT A FACE 1960, SHUTTER 2008, LIVIDE 2011. . .

Many others, of course, and this but a splattering . . . with no insult meant if you are familiar with most or all of the above.

...seen most of those.

note : curse of the demon (1957) is shortened version of 'night of the demon' so called US version. just watched it yesterday (the long version). picnic at hanging rock has also couple of versions...about the vanishing do you mean original Dutch version (far better than US remake). Probably original as you state the year '88.

you seem to forget the brilliant giallos that are out there : phenomena, deep red, inferno, suspiria ...etc. plus some Carpenter : in the mouth of the madness, prince of darkenss, fog ...

...but great list anyway.

:thumbs:

and check out this Finn-static horror :

Last edited:
Carpenter is indeed there with his creepy THE FOG and there's one giallo, PHENOMENA, included there too that might be enjoyed by Noodles although there are of course others I could have included.
Yes, NIGHT OF THE DEMON is what I should have written but as it's been years since I last watched it and it's quite late . . .

Carpenter is indeed there with his creepy THE FOG and there's one giallo, PHENOMENA, included there too that might be enjoyed by Noodles although there are of course others I could have included.
Yes, NIGHT OF THE DEMON is what I should have written but as it's been years since I last watched it and it's quite late . . .

it's all good.

I have to agree, a lot of his films now are low budget poor movies but he has done some very good ones. Severance, Human Traffic, The Business, Dead man Running, all excellent films!:thumbs:
I still haven't seen the Conjuring 2 yet but enjoyed the first one so will definatly check it out!:)

• Thanks
I have to agree, a lot of his films now are low budget poor movies but he has done some very good ones. Severance, Human Traffic, The Business, Dead man Running, all excellent films!:thumbs:
I still haven't seen the Conjuring 2 yet but enjoyed the first one so will definatly check it out!:)
. . . and not forgetting STRAIGHTHEADS (speaking of DD). . .

Football factory too

And also vendetta lol he's essentially batman (watch it and you'll understand, I was creasing up) also although he's only in it a bit: malice in wonderland (urban version of Alice in W but set in London) and adulthood (but not as good as kidulthood). Also mean machine, outlaw, doghouse is ok.

One of my mates had a shrine to him in his bathroom lol mental i know but it was so funny. A signed framed picture was the centerpiece :LOL:

I'm looking forward to this one too, I'm watching the 1st one right now. Was meant to go to sleep over an hour ago but couldn't. No idea why I put this on lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
. . . and not forgetting STRAIGHTHEADS (speaking of DD). . .
I have to admit I didn't watch that one, it was supposed to be decent though.:thumbs:
Football factory too

And also vendetta lol he's essentially batman (watch it and you'll understand, I was creasing up) also although he's only in it a bit: malice in wonderland (urban version of Alice in W but set in London) and adulthood (but not as good as kidulthood). Also mean machine, outlaw, doghouse is ok.

One of my mates had a shrine to him in his bathroom lol mental i know but it was so funny. A signed framed picture was the centerpiece :LOL:

I'm looking forward to this one too, I'm watching the 1st one right now. Was meant to go to sleep over an hour ago but couldn't. No idea why I put this on lol
Yeah Football Factory was good, I saw Vendetta too. I thought Mean Machine was good but he only played a small part in it. He was funny though!:D
The Conjuring is a nice relaxing film before bed! Lol!:p

• Thanks
You could scare me further if you really wanted to, but it'd be your floor I accidentally pee on :LOL:. I'm sure all is forgiven then if you only did it to your friend for the first part of the film lol. That sounds like a great idea! I want a pillow fort for even when I'm not watching scary movies. :p

I didn't even realise they played husband and wife... I should probably check out the trailer lol. I do love Vera though... she's been great in everything I've seen her in so far. I still actually need to check out Bates Motel too... and not to mention Psycho, since the show is a prequel to the film.

I know nothing about Enfield, but that type of stuff is always made up. Just look at Most Haunted... that show makes wrestling look real. :muted: :p

Definitely watch bates motel, it's a great series, vera farmiga and Freddie highmore are brilliant in it.. I've just finished season 4, you can watch season 1-3 on uk netflix if you have an account, and if not it's worth doing a free monthly trial just to watch the show.:thumbs:

@Flloydo and noodles you guys must be very young to refer to vera as an older woman, she's only 42.
Also flloydo, do check out the 3 part series you mentioned about the Enfield case, I watched it at the end of last year and it was pretty good:thumbs:

Noodles, I watched the conjuring last night, my ex used to feel panicky watching these types of films, we'd usually end up switching them off, then we just stopped watching those types of films together.. so I watched the film with that in mind, there's no cheap jumps in the conjuring, the director did a great job with suspense and build up, this film is so well made in that way that it might set you off,but it's such an amazing movie that you've got to give it a go. I'd say, watch it in daylight, make sure you watch something relaxing afterwards so it's not the last thing on your mind at night.. I think the film is interesting on many levels which might make it easier to watch rather than just focusing on the chiller part of the film, the acting, the story,the characters, the cinematography is all brilliant.. watching it again yesterday I'd have to say this is one of my favourite films in this genre, and I usually favor much older films as my favourites.

I'm not sure I can wait for this BD release now,so I may have to go to the cinema to see this.. I was really happy to see that the director of the first film also directed this.. plus I hope that they make annabelle with these actors and director:D

Reactions: Noodles
Definitely watch bates motel, it's a great series, vera farmiga and Freddie highmore are brilliant in it.. I've just finished season 4, you can watch season 1-3 on uk netflix if you have an account, and if not it's worth doing a free monthly trial just to watch the show.:thumbs:

@Flloydo and noodles you guys must be very young to refer to vera as an older woman, she's only 42.
Also flloydo, do check out the 3 part series you mentioned about the Enfield case, I watched it at the end of last year and it was pretty good:thumbs:

Noodles, I watched the conjuring last night, my ex used to feel panicky watching these types of films, we'd usually end up switching them off, then we just stopped watching those types of films together.. so I watched the film with that in mind, there's no cheap jumps in the conjuring, the director did a great job with suspense and build up, this film is so well made in that way that it might set you off,but it's such an amazing movie that you've got to give it a go. I'd say, watch it in daylight, make sure you watch something relaxing afterwards so it's not the last thing on your mind at night.. I think the film is interesting on many levels which might make it easier to watch rather than just focusing on the chiller part of the film, the acting, the story,the characters, the cinematography is all brilliant.. watching it again yesterday I'd have to say this is one of my favourite films in this genre, and I usually favor much older films as my favourites.

I'm not sure I can wait for this BD release now,so I may have to go to the cinema to see this.. I was really happy to see that the director of the first film also directed this.. plus I hope that they make annabelle with these actors and director:D

I also watched the conjuring last night (well half of it then drifted off)

Well I consider any lady whos older than me and I find hot or attractive to be a milf lol and also younger than me if they have children.
Me and noodles are pretty much the same age but Vera is only 2 years older than my ex.
She's an older woman compared to me at 30 but I'm only using that term because she's 'literally' older than me.
Age really don't bother me. I've never been with anyone the same age. Either older or younger lol

I agree with what you say about the film though, very well made (except I'm a man and can watch it in the dark lol another dig at nick - jokes mate)

Annabelle was already made with a different director and actors. Not seen it yet though and I will defo watch the 3 part series with spall. Heard good things

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and chunk
I also watched the conjuring last night (well half of it then drifted off)

Well I consider any lady whos older than me and I find hot or attractive to be a milf lol and also younger than me if they have children.
Me and noodles are pretty much the same age but Vera is only 2 years older than my ex.
She's an older woman compared to me at 30 but I'm only using that term because she's 'literally' older than me.
Age really don't bother me. I've never been with anyone the same age. Either older or younger lol

I agree with what you say about the film though, very well made (except I'm a man and can watch it in the dark lol another dig at nick - jokes mate)

Annabelle was already made with a different director and actors. Not seen it yet though and I will defo watch the 3 part series with spall. Heard good things
I'm the same, a part from my first, my partners have always been between 5 and 10 years older.. but the older I get the older they are.. my next will be nearing her fifties lol.. think I'm better off sticking to no more than 5 years older, so vera is the perfect age:naughty:

Did you write that you watch in the dark cos you're a real man so small so noodles might not see it:rofl::thumbs: I'm the same, gotta have the right setting to watch these kind of films, having said that it's so rare that a film scares me, I wish they did,I feel like I'm missing out big time.

Yeah Annabelle has already been made(sadly), I watched it once and don't remember a thing about, I can't of been very impressed by it, so I would love to see them do it again as the conjuring 3, also wold love them to do the amityville horror as the Warrens were involved in that too:cigar:

I've pre ordered this steelbook, really hoping for an artwork change though.. but I would buy it regardless as I don't want to miss out, luckily i pre ordered the first one too, it sold out before or around release if I remember correctly

• Thanks
I'm the same, a part from my first, my partners have always been between 5 and 10 years older.. but the older I get the older they are.. my next will be nearing her fifties lol.. think I'm better off sticking to no more than 5 years older, so vera is the perfect age:naughty:

Did you write that you watch in the dark cos you're a real man so small so noodles might not see it:rofl::thumbs: I'm the same, gotta have the right setting to watch these kind of films, having said that it's so rare that a film scares me, I wish they did,I feel like I'm missing out big time.

Yeah Annabelle has already been made(sadly), I watched it once and don't remember a thing about, I can't of been very impressed by it, so I would love to see them do it again as the conjuring 3, also wold love them to do the amityville horror as the Warrens were involved in that too:cigar:

I've pre ordered this steelbook, really hoping for an artwork change though.. but I would buy it regardless as I don't want to miss out, luckily i pre ordered the first one too, it sold out before or around release if I remember correctly

I did actually meet someone the other week who's younger than me which is a nice change lol

Yeah hopefully he don't see it lol

Horrors have to be with the light off anyway for me but my general rule for films is lights off and if in the day curtains closed. Hate the light shining through when I'm watching a film. Standard tv is fine though

I didn't know the warrens were involved in the amityville horror. I like both and the remake with Reynolds was decent too. He did well

I haven't pre ordered it yet. I'll wait to see if other countries do versions and if not I'll get it to go with the first. I'm hoping for gloss though. Only thing i don't like about the first is the washed out matte effect with tinny sky :(

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
I did actually meet someone the other week who's younger than me which is a nice change lol

Yeah hopefully he don't see it lol

Horrors have to be with the light off anyway for me but my general rule for films is lights off and if in the day curtains closed. Hate the light shining through when I'm watching a film. Standard tv is fine though

I didn't know the warrens were involved in the amityville horror. I like both and the remake with Reynolds was decent too. He did well

I haven't pre ordered it yet. I'll wait to see if other countries do versions and if not I'll get it to go with the first. I'm hoping for gloss though. Only thing i don't like about the first is the washed out matte effect with tinny sky :(

I didn't know about their involvement in amityville until the first conjuring film came out, I watched some documentaries, and read up a bit on them at the time. I watched the original amityville film yesterday after the conjuring (first saw it when I was about 8, recorded it off the tele, that vhs got a lot of viewing when we were kids) still a good film but after watching the faster paced conjuring it felt a little empty and slow.. still love it though. Think I'm gonna watch the remake today.

If they keep the artwork as it is, I'd like it to be gloss too.. I do love the eeriness of the first steelbook though, I pre ordered that based on the artwork alone as I hadn't seen the film when the pre order went live.. I don't think the artwork has that same feel as the first. :)

• Thanks
I didn't know about their involvement in amityville until the first conjuring film came out, I watched some documentaries, and read up a bit on them at the time. I watched the original amityville film yesterday after the conjuring (first saw it when I was about 8, recorded it off the tele, that vhs got a lot of viewing when we were kids) still a good film but after watching the faster paced conjuring it felt a little empty and slow.. still love it though. Think I'm gonna watch the remake today.

If they keep the artwork as it is, I'd like it to be gloss too.. I do love the eeriness of the first steelbook though, I pre ordered that based on the artwork alone as I hadn't seen the film when the pre order went live.. I don't think the artwork has that same feel as the first. :)
Did you ever come across a show on cable called Haunted Collector? I know these U.S. 'reality' paranormal investigator shows are a dime a dozen, but I always liked this particular one. It was headed by John Zaffis and his family/team. Ed and Lorraine Warren were his real life aunt and uncle.

He's also got a paranormal museum in Connecticut filled with 'haunted' objects from investigations.

I think he's the guy who has the real life Annabelle doll to this day.

Although it looks nothing like the doll from the film.....

Annabelle_no_museum.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
I don't remember this film having an "Enfield Case" subtitle - is this a UK thing? This suggests that the producers are planning a series of Conjuring films tied to actual events. Maybe there's going to be a full-blown Conjuring: The Amityville Murders version someday.

I don't remember this film having an "Enfield Case" subtitle - is this a UK thing? This suggests that the producers are planning a series of Conjuring films tied to actual events. Maybe there's going to be a full-blown Conjuring: The Amityville Murders version someday.

I don't think so........

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Conjuring-2-Isn-t-Focusing-Amityville-Horror-House-122627.html

Then again the next Conjuring movie will have a new director. So I suppose you never know...........

And yes, I think the 'Enfield Case' tagline is just for the UK.

No mention of it on some posters.....

the-conjuring-2-poster-405x600.jpg