Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.png

Last edited:
Definitely watch bates motel, it's a great series, vera farmiga and Freddie highmore are brilliant in it.. I've just finished season 4, you can watch season 1-3 on uk netflix if you have an account, and if not it's worth doing a free monthly trial just to watch the show.:thumbs:

@Flloydo and noodles you guys must be very young to refer to vera as an older woman, she's only 42.
Also flloydo, do check out the 3 part series you mentioned about the Enfield case, I watched it at the end of last year and it was pretty good:thumbs:

Noodles, I watched the conjuring last night, my ex used to feel panicky watching these types of films, we'd usually end up switching them off, then we just stopped watching those types of films together.. so I watched the film with that in mind, there's no cheap jumps in the conjuring, the director did a great job with suspense and build up, this film is so well made in that way that it might set you off,but it's such an amazing movie that you've got to give it a go. I'd say, watch it in daylight, make sure you watch something relaxing afterwards so it's not the last thing on your mind at night.. I think the film is interesting on many levels which might make it easier to watch rather than just focusing on the chiller part of the film, the acting, the story,the characters, the cinematography is all brilliant.. watching it again yesterday I'd have to say this is one of my favourite films in this genre, and I usually favor much older films as my favourites.

I'm not sure I can wait for this BD release now,so I may have to go to the cinema to see this.. I was really happy to see that the director of the first film also directed this.. plus I hope that they make annabelle with these actors and director:D
Thanks for the heads up! Bates Motel has actually been on my Netflix list for a while now... I'll more than likely start watching it once I've caught up with Peaky Blinders. As for the age thing... basically everything @Flloydo said. :p

I appreciate the tips! I'll probably be best watching it first thing in the morning if I get the chance, as that's usually when I'm most relaxed, and it'll probably wake me up quicker too lol. It's not very often I say this, but I'm actually looking forward to watching it now thanks to you guys. :D

P.S. I'm watching you Mr Flloydo!

If you want bags of creepy atmosphere and/or suspense most of these (some amongst my very favourites) should fit the bill although some might be a bit old-fashioned for the younger members here:
- CAT PEOPLE 1942
- DEAD OF NIGHT 1945
- CURSE OF THE DEMON 1957
- THE CITY OF THE DEAD 1960
- THE INNOCENTS 1961
- CARNIVAL OF SOULS 1962
- THE HAUNTING 1963
- ROSEMARY'S BABY and DON'T LOOK NOW 1968
- FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE 1973
- PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK 1975
- THE SHINING, THE FOG and THE CHANGELING 1980
- THE VANISHING 1988
- THE SIXTH SENSE 1999
- THE OTHERS 2001
- THE VILLAGE 2004
- THE DESCENT 2005
- ORPHAN 2009
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK 2012

Some of the Japanese horror films - and remakes of same - and other foreign language films are super creepy too and well worth a watch including THE GRUDGE 2002 & 2004, THE RING 1998 & 2002, PHENOMENA 1985, REC and THE ORPHANAGE 2007, JULIA'S EYES 2010, THE NAMELESS 1999, LES DIABOLIQUES 1955, EYES WITHOUT A FACE 1960, SHUTTER 2008, LIVIDE 2011. . .

Many others, of course, and this but a splattering . . . with no insult meant if you are familiar with most or all of the above.
Already seen about half of those and can honestly say I quite enjoyed them all, so that gives me hope for the ones in your list that I haven't yet seen. Thanks for the suggestions! :thumbs:

Did you ever come across a show on cable called Haunted Collector? I know these U.S. 'reality' paranormal investigator shows are a dime a dozen, but I always liked this particular one. It was headed by John Zaffis and his family/team. Ed and Lorraine Warren were his real life aunt and uncle.

He's also got a paranormal museum in Connecticut filled with 'haunted' objects from investigations.

I think he's the guy who has the real life Annabelle doll to this day.

Although it looks nothing like the doll from the film.....

I hadn't heard of that show but I just found some snippets of episodes on you tube, so I'll have a look, thanks:thumbs:

Oh wow! Is that really the actual doll? That's hilarious, I can see why they wanted to change it into something a little bit more menacing looking for the films.. the real thing looks like something you'd find on play school:LOL:.. although, thinking about it, if that thing started to move around all on its own it would still be a bit freaky:ohno:.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I kind of see the similarity - maybe it's the eyes and cheekbones and the nose a bit . . .
The Conjuring 2 Poster (Fanmade) by mintmovi3Watch
Fan Art / Wallpaper / Movies & TV©2016 mintmovi3
#horror #poster #theconjuring2 #horrormovie #jameswan ---------------------------------------------------------The demon Valak ---------------------Marilyn Manson
images

Thought of the above image for the back of my imaginary "Conjuring 2" steelbook (lol) as can't find anything decent among the official stuff.
The official stuff consists of these three:-

images
upload_2016-6-22_0-33-24.jpeg
upload_2016-6-22_0-33-43.jpeg

Another option for the back could be this:-

"Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Annabelle But Were Afraid To Ask"
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a60076/conjuring-annabelle-doll-event-interview/
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2013/07...annabelle-the-haunted-doll-from-the-conjuring

Fiction/faction
http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/conjuring-2-enfield-poltergeist/

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! Bates Motel has actually been on my Netflix list for a while now... I'll more than likely start watching it once I've caught up with Peaky Blinders. As for the age thing... basically everything @Flloydo said. :p

I appreciate the tips! I'll probably be best watching it first thing in the morning if I get the chance, as that's usually when I'm most relaxed, and it'll probably wake me up quicker too lol. It's not very often I say this, but I'm actually looking forward to watching it now thanks to you guys. :D

P.S. I'm watching you Mr Flloydo!

Glad you're gonna watch bates motel, it's a great series.. I thought the guy who plays young Norman Bates is really good in the role, he picks up a lot of perkins mannerisms etc and I think he pulls it off really well.

Great idea to watch the film first thing, I'm so happy that you're looking forward to it now:joy: you won't regret watching it:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::cigar: let us know what you think of it when you get around to watching it:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
A bit freaky? I'd be f*cking running lol
I'll probably never be able to sleep again.

Toy story is really a nightmare :OMG:
Lol.. your right.. I think that I don't get scared when I'm watching films is cos I know it isn't real.. but if stuff started to fly around my room all on its own I'd run out of my house screaming hysterically:emb: or just die on the spot of fright:emb:

the-ring.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Lol.. your right.. I think that I don't get scared when I'm watching films is cos I know it isn't real.. but if stuff started to fly around my room all on its own I'd run out of my house screaming hysterically:emb: or just die on the spot of fright:emb:

:rofl: That pic

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Dude, Groucho Marx (the most quotable of all the great comedians), even without cigar, does not make an appearance here :)
upload_2016-6-22_13-28-8.png
images
images

Real name Julius but Groucho fitted well - despite his ability to make people laugh out loud he had by some accounts a thoroughly unpleasant personality but he certainly wasn't a demon ;)

http://www.davidmargolis.com/article.php?id=47&cat_cc=6&cat_fp=0

RIP 1977 (same year as other Greats such as Bing Crosby, Joan Crawford, Peter Finch, Charles Chaplin, Marc Bolan, Zero Mostel and Elvis Presley).

Reactions: C.C. 95
Dude, Groucho Marx (the most quotable of all the great comedians), even without cigar, does not make an appearance here :)
View attachment 247847
images
images

Real name Julius but Groucho fitted well - despite his ability to make people laugh out loud he had by some accounts a thoroughly unpleasant personality but he certainly wasn't a demon ;)

http://www.davidmargolis.com/article.php?id=47&cat_cc=6&cat_fp=0

RIP 1977 (same year as other Greats such as Bing Crosby, Joan Crawford, Peter Finch, Charles Chaplin, Marc Bolan, Zero Mostel and Elvis Presley).

so there is club 1977 as well as club 27 ?

Glad you're gonna watch bates motel, it's a great series.. I thought the guy who plays young Norman Bates is really good in the role, he picks up a lot of perkins mannerisms etc and I think he pulls it off really well.

Great idea to watch the film first thing, I'm so happy that you're looking forward to it now:joy: you won't regret watching it:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::cigar: let us know what you think of it when you get around to watching it:D
Well, I just got finished watching Psycho for the first (really liked it!), so at least I know the backstory now. The kid from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake plays Norman Bates in the show, right?

Haha I hope not! I still need to actually buy the film yet... part of me is tempted to hunt down the steelbook, but it's a bit pricey now by the looks of it. I'll be sure to let you know what I thought anyway. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Back on topic ...

Watched this in the cinema last night.

And it is a SOLID sequel, equal to the first one. James Wan has done it again ... first 50 mins of the film is so and so, but then all hell breaks loose.

Great costumes, SUPER creepy atmosphere, ridiculous outta nowhere jump scares and this Valak character ... wow. Can't wait for the spin off series just about the demon nun ! I genuinely felt uneasy going to sleep last night as I vividly pictured that face lol

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012