The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 491
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i just did that after watching the trailer and visiting the official site - with no rating info at all - and IMDB and MPAA say R.

wonder how many other movies apple are messin up on ratings. its always the 1st place i go to for trailers & info >_<

I hope they remove ''from the director of'' Saw is years old and Insidious is hardly worth a mention IMO.

not in the UK lol :hilarious:

anyway, Its not about it necessarily being good or bad, its about the content - this is why we have rating associations after all ;)

and so when a particular type of movie making makes its name on disturbing, uncomfortable, and frightening content, which normally gains a restricted certificate, it is obvious that any supposed movie from that genre which does not warrant the restricted rating, is therefore not a true candidate for the term "Horror Movie"

It would probably save some confusion if it was marketed as "Horror-lite" or "Family-friendly scares" or something lol

...Would u download pr0nz with a PG-13 certificate? of course not man. Its the same thing :movie:

not in the UK lol :hilarious:

anyway, Its not about it necessarily being good or bad, its about the content - this is why we have rating associations after all ;)

and so when a particular type of movie making makes its name on disturbing, uncomfortable, and frightening content, which normally gains a restricted certificate, it is obvious that any supposed movie from that genre which does not warrant the restricted rating, is therefore not a true candidate for the term "Horror Movie"

It would probably save some confusion if it was marketed as "Horror-lite" or "Famil-friendly scares" or something lol

...Would u download pr0nz with a PG-13 certificate? of course not man. Its the same thing :movie:

It's the same thing with action films. A lot of action films used to be 18 rated, now they are toned down to get a 15 or 12a rating to allow teenagers to see the films. It's all about box office revenue I guess.

^^ yes this is true as well

just like actors who made their name on nasty violent content learned in the 80's that they can potentially make a lot of money by making family friendly movies, in a "i cant believe that tough guy killer actor is baby-sitin kids in this movie!":O type of film

actors like Arnie did it in the 80's, Ice Cube did it in the 90's and now ppl like "The Rock" are doin it - although is always funny to see most of those movies flop and the actors going back to what they do best :)

Last edited:
I disagree that PG13 cant be good horrors. Insidious and Drag Me To Hell are two recent examples that prove otherwise.

Also most haunting flicks do not have a R rating as they are not warranted, if they added some strong language and sex then it would up the rating. I dont think scares in supernatural movies need to be R rated. However I am very stoked to see Conjuring as its the only horror film to get a R rating without any strong language or violence.

That artwork is fantastic. I haven't seen the movie, but the cover looks great. And I'd rather they remove the "Director of" bit at the very top more than the "Warrens" info. Main reason is that "from the Director of" has nothing to do with The Conjuring. But the true case files info is at least permanently true and applicable to the movie (unlike Django's "The New Film by") which is super ridiculous.

Basically, drop the Director of crap at the top and this looks sweet. Hopefully the final "You Save" price from Zavvi puts the order price less than IM3. Otherwise, that would make no sense.

Reactions: vurt
That artwork is fantastic. I haven't seen the movie, but the cover looks great. And I'd rather they remove the "Director of" bit at the very top more than the "Warrens" info. Main reason is that "from the Director of" has nothing to do with The Conjuring. But the true case files info is at least permanently true and applicable to the movie (unlike Django's "The New Film by") which is super ridiculous.

Basically, drop the Director of crap at the top and this looks sweet. Hopefully the final "You Save" price from Zavvi puts the order price less than IM3. Otherwise, that would make no sense.

The director part can be removed...but i like the Warrens info. As someone who has grown up 2 towns from where they are from and have heard all of the lore, these are even more interesting to me.

Reactions: jimmyv
The artwork looks prety good, specially if they remove some of the text. I'll pass only because horror movies don't interest me. Oh, and the price, of course, but I guess we all hope it's gonna drop to at least 19.99.