The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 491
Last edited by a moderator:
I read in another forum that the movie has the r-rating instead of the expected pg13 because it's so damn scary, not because of graphic violence. Now i wanna check out if it's really that "good". I will order when available.

yeah it was actually originally intended and filmed to be a PG-13, but got an unexpected R rating, which for the studio musta been disapointing:

Wikipidea said:
In March 2013, the film was given an R-rating by the MPAA for being what Wan described as "too adult." - "When we sent it [to the MPAA], they gave us the R-rating," said executive producer Walter Hamada. "When we asked them why, they basically said, 'It's just so scary. [There are] no specific scenes or tone you could take out to get it PG-13.'

I guess this also explains the PG-13 rating on apples' site as well - the studio expexted PG-13 and put that out in the press, before MPAA threw them a curveball and rated it an R.

Still, i wonder if they're just a bunch of sissies in the US, cuz in UK and EU it still got a teen-friendly 15 rating :movie:

Just saw it and it could have definitely been rated PG-13. Not as scary as people made it out to be but maybe its just me. Fun to watch though. Not sure if I want the steel now but it will probably find a way to my shelf some how lol.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Watched this film on Monday, one of the best horror films I've seen in years. A wonderful homage to 70s horror. Incredibly gripping and tense, it had me on the edge for the entire film. Really well shot as well, some of the best cinematography I've seen in a horror film since Scorsese and Kubrick tackled the genre.

Can't wait for the steelbook of it :scat:

Maybe it was just me but I haven't seen a scarier movie than this one before. I have watched dozens and dozens and this one takes the cake. Before I saw this one, I was terrified of Insidious (before Darth Maul came out) so I might pick this one up. Hopefully we will get some inside art.

Ya I have heard a lot of good things about this movie, have not seen it myself, but I am gonna blind buy this one. I also love matte steelbooks, seems like a lot of people don't like them, why is that? I have heard some people say that the quality on matte is poor, or maybe the finish does not take well to the steelbook??